+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morison helps turn things around for Cardiff, but we really are making things hard for ourselves this season!

Morison helps turn things around for Cardiff, but we really are making things hard for ourselves this season!

Still no first half goals and way too few 1-0 leads for them, but City find a way to win again at Deepdale.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Morison helps turn things around for Cardiff, but we really are making things hard for ourselves this season!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still no first half goals and way too few 1-0 leads for them, but City find a way to win again at Deepdale.

Felt for zimba yesterday as he made some great runs but noone played with their head up or they wanted two touches before trying a pass.

Also haven't seen the penalty shout on zimba and I was at the opposite end but just wonder if he wasn't fouled why did he go down when he had turned his defender so well?

Thought Colwill was outstanding especially in the 2nd half but was the one in the first half who had a bit of go forward about him

Re: Morison helps turn things around for Cardiff, but we really are making things hard for ourselves this season!

Clearly the midfield and defence needs ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Felt for zimba yesterday as he made some great runs but noone played with their head up or they wanted two touches before trying a pass.

Also haven't seen the penalty shout on zimba and I was at the opposite end but just wonder if he wasn't fouled why did he go down when he had turned his defender so well?

Thought Colwill was outstanding especially in the 2nd half but was the one in the first half who had a bit of go forward about him
    I heard that said about one of the penalty shouts and it’s a fair point, but neither of them looked like fouls to me - I’ll have a look at the extended highlights when they are put on the club site to see if I’ve got it wrong.

It was a huge ask for Zimba to go up against three centrebacks as a lone striker on his debut for the club, but his form and goals for the under 23s suggests he can make a decent job of it. That said, I thought he was the one out of the many youngsters who’ve made a debut for City in 2021 who looked to find it a step too far - albeit, his task was the toughest out of any of them I’d say.

Agree about Colwill, he’s been a bit inconsistent this season, but who hasn’t? For me, he’s the best option we have to play in that number ten type role he filled for most of yesterday’s match.

I heard that said about one of the penalty shouts and it’s a fair point, but neither of them looked like fouls to me - I’ll have a look at the extended highlights when they are put on the club site to see if I’ve got it wrong.

It was a huge ask for Zimba to go up against three centrebacks as a lone striker on his debut for the club, but his form and goals for the under 23s suggests he can make a decent job of it. That said, I thought he was the one out of the many youngsters who’ve made a debut for City in 2021 who looked to find it a step too far - albeit, his task was the toughest out of any of them I’d say.

Agree about Colwill, he’s been a bit inconsistent this season, but who hasn’t? For me, he’s the best option we have to play in that number ten type role he filled for most of yesterday’s match.
    I would have liked to have seen Zimba with more time with Colwill in the 10 role but who can argue with the change at half time as Collins was outstanding - hopefully plenty more opportunities for Zimba 👍

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Was this the first goal conceded from a corner this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Was this the first goal conceded from a corner this season?
    Think it was during the Stoke match that a commentator said City had not conceded from a corner this season and yesterday’s was the only one we’ve let in since then, so I’m pretty sure it was - Preston’s manager said Collins’ goal was the first one they’d conceded from a corner this season as well.