+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Europe Covid Cases Increase

Re: Europe Covid Cases Increase

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Page 21, and putting aside other anecdotal info in the report, the data is that, if you have been vaccinated then you are in a higher likely hood of being a fatal case if contacting covid-19 (for people my age), I think this is quite a significant finding in the report and worthy of news, now I didn’t say it has been ignored but largely ignored, it can be found in searches if you are looking for this information and using duck duck go, I have no idea if using google. I’m sure for the majority of people it’s of not much deal either way, for me it’s a massive issue, we are supposed be given informed consent, by coincidence I have been in recent (very recent) discussion with the doctors who treated me 10 years ago, I now have the images of my brain and the report of the diagnosis, this report is (it might have already been) being submitted to the BMJ for publication as what happened to myself was very unusual, also noting that I have lived a relatively normal life with Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis for 10 years, in addition to this, at 21 was struck down with Guillan Barre Syndrome and was partially paralysed for a period of time, (even having to learn to walk again in the swimming pool at the Heath) these things are not easily removed or forgotten from my life, the past two years have been devastating for the families of many 1,000’s who have lost their loved ones, but with the onset of these vaccines and from the beginning have read just about anything I could read and it’s become an obsession and confusing, in this thread you can see the nastiness creeping in, we now live in a world in where it’s best to keep it a secret if you have not been vaccinated, I have been ramping down (but not stopping completely) my time out the house and not going to see my son last night was devastating for me and was the 1st time it really really hit home, and if that wasn’t enough, Doris wouldn’t go without me, and I’m anticipating I’ll soon be out of a job, life is pretty shit at the moment, for all of us I must add, after two years of the Johnson and his mates at No. 10 assisted by the no opposition Red Mob, (and I did get behind his, we are following the science) at the start, listened to his 17.00 press conferences to the nation, are we not due an alternative view to a path out of this? World revered scientists are not even allowed to discus it without being shouted down, cancelled, and being called conspiracists. It’s been a bit surreal in the house with our son being + recently, Doris was following me around everywhere with hand gel and I was worrying myself about her (she has been double vaxed) as she’s a couple of years older and whilst not having the stats then, had read about them. You might remember I was quite ill at the very start of this pandemic but put it down to the normal flu, but maybe I had it then, I’ve been surrounded by it at work but as yet have not had anything else, I do wonder if I got a bit of natural immunity, the last PCR test I had I did sign to have the antibody test bit

On the positive side, there is always a seat in the port for me, and free beer all night. And I can watch the city on the box every week.

To put it quite simply, I’m more frightened of taking the vaccine (and not meaning the needle) than catching C19 and if it ever does take me out, it was my decision. Maybe it seems silly to most, but knowing, having been scanned two years ago that the clot is still present and the evidence is irrefutable that these vaccines can cause blood clots, with the AZ being specifically linked to CVST, my heads in the shed, and self-esteem is pretty low at the moment.

There’s your clue and I know you’ll see it differently.
    A pretty shitty flounce but a flounce.
    as I'm off to hide in a cave for a while or a bit longer.
    As others have said, unless I’ve missed something obvious, I think you’re not taking into account the sample sizes involved - all versions of the vaccine aren’t one hundred per cent effective, so there are always going to be some with no underlying conditions who still end up getting a sever enough case of Covid to kill them who have been double jabbed and, logically, that number would increase as you went through the age groups.

That said, although I’m definitely in the get vaccinated camp, your case shows that this subject is not as straightforward as people like me like to think it is. I honestly don’t know what I would do in your position - you have my sympathy because yours is definitely a situation with an awful lot of grey area to it. You say you have been in very recent discussion with the doctor who treated you ten years ago, did he have an opinion on what you should do?

Page 21, and putting aside other anecdotal info in the report, the data is that, if you have been vaccinated then you are in a higher likely hood of being a fatal case if contacting covid-19 (for people my age)
    This is what winds me up about conspiracy theorists. This is dangerously wrong.

I assume it’s just a basic misunderstanding of the stats but using this to make a decision on something that can affect your own health is a bit daft (unless you have a condition stopping you getting vaccinated - which I think is a minute number of people) but then spreading it where vulnerable people get taken in by it is dangerous and stupid.

As posted above unvaccinated people are dying at a much greater percentage than vaccinated people. Using the date on that exact page.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As others have said, unless I’ve missed something obvious, I think you’re not taking into account the sample sizes involved - all versions of the vaccine aren’t one hundred per cent effective, so there are always going to be some with no underlying conditions who still end up getting a sever enough case of Covid to kill them who have been double jabbed and, logically, that number would increase as you went through the age groups.

That said, although I’m definitely in the get vaccinated camp, your case shows that this subject is not as straightforward as people like me like to think it is. I honestly don’t know what I would do in your position - you have my sympathy because yours is definitely a situation with an awful lot of grey area to it. You say you have been in very recent discussion with the doctor who treated you ten years ago, did he have an opinion on what you should do?
    I’m so glad you wrote this TOBW because it’s very true and I’ve been wondering how to respond to HB’s post and the obvious stress his condition is putting him through as well as thinking how to communicate some more regarding the grey areas you correctly allude to.

For those of us with autoimmune diseases it’s been very stressful. First the disease is a huge threat, then the treatments, then the virus and then there’re the vaccines.

HB, you’ve been very candid about your situation and it’s clearly causing you distress. I can really understand this as you’ve already experienced partial paralysis with Guillain-Barré syndrome which is an autoimmune disease and closely related to Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (which is what I have) and hell yeah, it’s scary stuff to have to make these decisions. I don’t think you’re a conspiracy theorist - you’ve, in your own words, read just about anything you could read and it’s become an obsession and confusing. You’ve also got the added stress of an MRI which has shown the clot which is related to the Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis is still there.

This is hard sh*t to deal with and, unless you (or someone close to you) is living with these choices, then it’s hard to understand. People don’t mean to be, but sometimes they can appear to be blasé about things unless or until they’ve been through them.

HB, you have to speak to your Neurologist and talk this through with them. It’s going to drive you nuts if you keep going on like this and the stress is something you really don’t need. You need a calm discussion with them, express your concerns and seek clarification regarding the risk factors. Something that helped me when I had to consent to disease modifying drug infusions was talking to a Liaison Psychiatrist, they can help you make decisions about your condition, treatment, risks and how it effects you. Ask your Neurologist or GP for a referral.

You do need to talk to a professional though as you may find that worrying, being house-bound and fearful at every turn could be more of a danger to you than the vaccine itself.

It's a long read but worth it to help understand the problems with autoimmune diseases and vaccinations.

Michele Brown was vaccinated - but had a suppressed immune system. Would better health advice have saved her?

Full Disclosure: I've been triple vaccinated now and have an autoimmune disease. I was having infusions of Disease Modifying Drugs (DMDs) every month prior to lockdown. This was stopped during lockdown due to the risks of Covid19 and the risks of the DMDs (targeting specific cells and affecting antibodies) and so as of today there is no further treatment for me due to the gaps of lockdown and the risks of starting from scratch again.

There was and still is a lot we don't know about vaccination and autoimmune diseases. Advice has been pretty poor and I'm lucky I am able to make decisions about my own situation and condition due to my background in pharmacology. I'm keeping this thread going because it's important to understand that there are many 'outside-of-the-bellcurve' conditions that do not fall neatly into the vaccination narrative.