+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rhys Healey

Rhys Healey

Looks like we missed a trick keeping him and I'll never understand why we didn't keep him especially after he did so well on loan at MK Dons. He scored 4 goals yesterday for Toulouse, has scored 27 goals in 48 altogether. Fairplay to him.

Re: Rhys Healey

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Looks like we missed a trick keeping him and I'll never understand why we didn't keep him especially after he did so well on loan at MK Dons. He scored 4 goals yesterday for Toulouse, has scored 27 goals in 48 altogether. Fairplay to him.
    I don't think that the french 2nd division is up to much. If he gets a move back home to the Championship, thrn i'd say that we can make a better judgement then.

Not sure we’re missing out on much. 15 goals in 39 League 1 games, 14 in 35 League 2 games.
    How good is the Ligue 2? The French league is much weaker than the English league so I can’t imagine he’s playing Championship quality teams week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Not sure we’re missing out on much. 15 goals in 39 League 1 games, 14 in 35 League 2 games.
    How good is the Ligue 2? The French league is much weaker than the English league so I can’t imagine he’s playing Championship quality teams week in week out.
    Bit unfair to count the games when he was young. If you look at his last two seasons with MK Dons he scored 19 goals in 36 games in league one/two.

I'd bet there are quite a few teams in Ligue 2 better than us.

Bit unfair to count the games when he was young. If you look at his last two seasons with MK Dons he scored 19 goals in 36 games in league one/two.

Logic would indicate that a claim of betting "quite a few teams in Ligue 2 are better than us" in undermined by an inability to name any of them.

Which of Toulouse, AC Ajaccio, AJ Auxerre, Sochaux, Paris FC, Le Havre AC, Pau, Rodez Aveyron, Niort, Grenoble, Nimes, Valenciennes, Bastia, Guingamp, Caen, US Quevilly, Dunkerque, Dijon FCO, SC Amiens or AS Nancy Lorraine are better than us and how so?

He could probably make the bench for us now but at the time we had options ahead of him.

Pleased for him , so difficult to judge his ability by leagues , if he is showing the promise to deliver in the Championship I sure enough managers and coaches are aware of his skills and will make him offer

I was him I'd stay and enjoy Toulouse in France its got to be better than his past clubs of Dundee, Torquay, Milton Keynes sadly not as good as
    Connah's Quay Nomads

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that a claim of betting "quite a few teams in Ligue 2 are better than us" in undermined by an inability to name any of them.

Which of Toulouse, AC Ajaccio, AJ Auxerre, Sochaux, Paris FC, Le Havre AC, Pau, Rodez Aveyron, Niort, Grenoble, Nimes, Valenciennes, Bastia, Guingamp, Caen, US Quevilly, Dunkerque, Dijon FCO, SC Amiens or AS Nancy Lorraine are better than us and how so?
    Jesus you've got a tone there like I've just attacked one of your family members.

I reckon the top 6 in Ligue 2 would give us a run for our money, looking at Transfermrarkt our team is worth more than any team there but it's got Sean Morrison at £4.5m so not sure how up to date it is.

Let's be honest, we've been dog shit for a long time and us (The British) have a huge arrogance about how good our leagues are. I could say to you, prove Cardiff are better than the whole of Ligue 2 but it's an impossible thing to do, it's just my opinion.

Good on him for reviving his career but don’t think anyone was gutted to see him go.

Maybe he’s developed his game but you can’t take anything from him being in that league

Jesus you've got a tone there like I've just attacked one of your family members.

I reckon the top 6 in Ligue 2 would give us a run for our money, looking at Transfermrarkt our team is worth more than any team there but it's got Sean Morrison at £4.5m so not sure how up to date it is.

Let's be honest, we've been dog shit for a long time and us (The British) have a huge arrogance about how good our leagues are. I could say to you, prove Cardiff are better than the whole of Ligue 2 but it's an impossible thing to do, it's just my opinion.
    Logic would indicate that claiming Toulouse, AC Ajaccio, AJ Auxerre, Sochaux, Paris FC and Le Havre AC would give us a run for our money without any indication of how they would do so other than a waffly reference to "transfer values" on a website isn't really much of a claim.

There probably are some teams better than us in Ligue 2. My point is though the league as a whole is weaker than the Championship. It doesn’t matter how bad we are, it’s the other 23 teams in the league we would want him to be scoring against. And I think he would struggle to score as much in the Championship as he is in Ligue 2.

He was a Cardiff player for 6 seasons with 4 different managers he wasn’t considered good enough to be a main starting player. And apparently no other Championship teams did either. Apart from playing 7 games in the SPL with Dundee, he spent all his loan spells in leagues below us.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that claiming Toulouse, AC Ajaccio, AJ Auxerre, Sochaux, Paris FC and Le Havre AC would give us a run for our money without any indication of how they would do so other than a waffly reference to "transfer values" on a website isn't really much of a claim.
    Transfermarkt is updated by volunteers, and they're just guessing. The values on there mean sod all.

Healey, Watters, Watters, Healey ….. what will happen in January?

I’ve watched a bit of league 2 and it’s nowhere near as bad as is being made out here. It has quite a few teams who are top of league/bottom of the championship standard if not better.

Always found it crazy ligue 1 getting called a farmer league too. Football played by most in that league is well above championship standards.

Why do you reckon that the top 6 in ligue 2 are Championship quality ?