+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Christmas

Re: Christmas

Can't those ticks last a single quote ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah mate. I just respect people who have faith and who use it for comfort, strength, etc. Moderate people with good intentions. I don't like the hard liners, evangelists and the crew at the top of the pile who use religion as a way of advancing their power and wealth at the expense of others. to me there is a difference, a massive difference. See it like this. You hated Blair and you dislike Starmer. I very much doubt that you hate every member of the labour party.

I've no problem with people who don't believe in god, i don't myself, and i have no problem with a good solid debate either way. The problem is that neither side listens to each other and there's always a definitive line trotted out over a subject that is incredibly complex and cultural. Attack the fanatics and the hard liners, by all means.
    I’m not religious at all but there does seem to be a smug glee from some in telling moderate normal religious people that it’s all made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’m not religious at all but there does seem to be a smug glee from some in telling moderate normal religious people that it’s all made up.
    Yes, i agree with that sentiment.

And no matter how many times its raised the same people come along like groundhog day to shout their opinions loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Jesus the bloke probably did exist. Jesus the bloke who rose from the dead, walked on water, fed 500 people with a fish, cured the incurable, etc probably did not. Most people like solid proof of some sort to believe in such things so if you could produce some (actual proof and not just some writings from the bible) then I’m sure a lot of the posters on here would be rational and humble enough to accept that with solid evidence Jesus both existed and performed miracles as the son of god.

But since you’ve already handwaved away the discussion about his birth, “why should the precise date matter”, no doubt hard evidence shouldn’t matter either as long as you simply believe.
    I think you have missed my point. I asked why should the PRECISE date matter - I think you will find that this is one of those hair-splitting discussions which sceptics will naturally seize upon. Does it really matter if academics suggest a range of 2 to 3 years on an event which occurred two thousand years ago? There is a good summary of the evidence here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_of_birth_of_Jesus.

None of the early non-Biblical references to Jesus deny his existence. Even TBG doesn't deny it!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And no matter how many times its raised the same people come along like groundhog day to shout their opinions loudest.
    How does typing in lower case constitute shouting loudly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I think you have missed my point. I asked why should the PRECISE date matter - I think you will find that this is one of those hair-splitting discussions which sceptics will naturally seize upon. Does it really matter if academics suggest a range of 2 to 3 years on an event which occurred two thousand years ago? There is a good summary of the evidence here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_of_birth_of_Jesus.

None of the early non-Biblical references to Jesus deny his existence. Even TBG doesn't deny it!
    And neither do I. I’ve not denied his existence, so try answering my actual questions. Should precision matter? If you’re going to put unwavering faith in a higher being then yes I think so. If the simple event such as Jesus’ birth can’t be accurately confirmed or agreed upon then surely the less believable miracles are thrown into doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    How does typing in lower case constitute shouting loudly?
    Enough for one day, please grandad.

Enough for one day, please grandad.
    It was a civil question met with a childish response.

It was a civil question met with a childish response.
    If that is what you choose to believe.

Not everything is as it seems, and not everything directed at you is directed at you.

Make of that what you will.

I can't can't arsed explaining every post I make with a list of reasons worthy of being validated by some old blokes online.

If that is what you choose to believe.

Not everything is as it seems, and not everything directed at you is directed at you.

Make of that what you will.

I can't can't arsed explaining every post I make with a list of reasons worthy of being validated by some old blokes online.
    Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    one version is based on the one-ness of God so there absolutely cannot be God the Son, and the other version is the religion that Jesus was part of, so its hardly surprising that they don't consider him to be anything other than a follower and a blasphemer.
    You may wish to dismiss Him, yet even in a mainly secular western word His arrival +2000 years ago is still dated at the top of every newspaper page and bottom right of most computer screens.
    You may not know why you are giving & receiving gifts, but some people actually take the trouble to find out.

And what is the one-ness of God?

Aha, the snake charmer is back!
    You still have the snake. I gave him the boot

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    You still have the snake. I gave him the boot
    Did he discuss the matter with you?

Did he discuss the matter with you?
    Most matters, until 1968.
    You may not be aware of him, but he influences you each day.

Most matters, until 1968.
    You may not be aware of him, but he influences you each day.
    The snake influences me every day? Sssssssssurely not.

Oh dear.
    Zzzz

No. Sorry.

Yes, like a sugar hit - it doesn't last long and the the smugness soon turns to snark when their little scheme derails.

Yes, like a sugar hit - it doesn't last long and the the smugness soon turns to snark when their little scheme derails.
    Give it a rest you greasy pervert

Give it a rest you greasy pervert
    Wow, how embarrassing. "For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of". (Luke 6:45). I suspect it does not bother Truthpaste one iota as he will be well aware of those words of Jesus and also these:

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. (John 15: 19 & 19)

You may wish to dismiss Him, yet even in a mainly secular western word His arrival +2000 years ago is still dated at the top of every newspaper page and bottom right of most computer screens.
    You may not know why you are giving & receiving gifts, but some people actually take the trouble to find out.

And what is the one-ness of God?
    I think you need to be more precise regarding the date. +2000 will not cut it, sorry.

Wow, how embarrassing. "For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of". (Luke 6:45). I suspect it does not bother Truthpaste one iota as he will be well aware of those words of Jesus and also these:

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. (John 15: 19 & 19)
    I don’t give a shit what Goferblue thinks (croesyblue 19:48)

Who said these words ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Who said these words ?
    The clue is in the second sentence. I presume you will claim these are inventions but even if they were, can you honestly disagree with the sentiments?