+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travelling

Re: Travelling

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have to go outside Europe for 'new countries' these days. Been to every one on this continent

transnistria ? ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Oz is different mind, India you can live like a king for tenner a day, bit like Mexico 20 yrs ago. Cold corona 20p!
    Sydney is one of the most expensive cities in the world, property akin to London which is why you find 4 bed houses with about 30 people living there. Great place to party though and if you can sAve enough cash to do south east Asia en route home.
    I Semi regret not doing Goa in the early 90's, 3 of use wanted to go for 2 months, 3 of us didn't, so we tossed a coin and ended up in Malta for 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Never put a spanner on mine after putting it through my workshops ...
    We make a lot of money of T5 that need sorting .
    I wanted an old VW , but something that wouldn't spend it life on the back of a AA truck .
    I have done Scotland twice , France once and North Wales load of times ...
    If you buy a bag of bones , it will always be a bag of bones.
    My uncle has an original German Karmann beetle and a VW Camper van, both of which must be around 50 years old and which he’s meticulously restored and maintained. He’s owned the beetle for 35+ years. Both still regularly driven on the weekend. Don’t think he’d ever sell but must be worth a few bob between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    My uncle has an original German Karmann beetle and a VW Camper van, both of which must be around 50 years old and which he’s meticulously restored and maintained. He’s owned the beetle for 35+ years. Both still regularly driven on the weekend. Don’t think he’d ever sell but must be worth a few bob between them.
    Shed load

They will be worth plenty . Great investment old cars at the moment.

I love the old campers but hey arent the best to drive , seem to always be on the back of the AA truck.
    I wanted and oldish vw but one reliable enough for long journeys that can at least keep up with the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    transnistria ? ? ? ?
    It's not an internationally recognised state but I have indeed been there.

That’s quite impressive. I think of myself as reasonably well travelled but just totted-up and reckon I’ve visited 18 European countries. Which is actually less than half of them.

That’s quite impressive. I think of myself as reasonably well travelled but just totted-up and reckon I’ve visited 18 European countries. Which is actually less than half of them.
    I'm not sure that it's impressive, as such. I'm just fascinated by travel (and I don't mean package holidays, five star hotels and cruises), other cultures, geography and languages etc. I think I have been to about 65 countries but the number is irrelevant as it's simply a passion.

sealand?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    sealand?
    It's not an internationally recognised state but I have a Lordship pertaining to that geographical entity.

I Semi regret not doing Goa in the early 90's, 3 of use wanted to go for 2 months, 3 of us didn't, so we tossed a coin and ended up in Malta for 3 weeks
    Goa was a bit shit really compared to the other places I went ( gokarna - goa 40 yrs ago, Hampi, rishikesh) but it is what it is, the parties are funny, Indians can’t hold their drink at all so you see some in a right state while the foreigners aren’t drinking anyway.
    A week in Goa is enough, it’s way more expensive than other places. Me and a mate got a taxi one day, 6 hr trip down the coast from Goa for a tenner between us….imagine that anywhere else?

appreciate its not a int recognised country, but for the purpose of " country hunters " and travel Vloggers it seems to be must

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Goa was a bit shit really compared to the other places I went ( gokarna - goa 40 yrs ago, Hampi, rishikesh) but it is what it is, the parties are funny, Indians can’t hold their drink at all so you see some in a right state while the foreigners aren’t drinking anyway.
    A week in Goa is enough, it’s way more expensive than other places. Me and a mate got a taxi one day, 6 hr trip down the coast from Goa for a tenner between us….imagine that anywhere else?
    thats was for my younger days, now if its not a nice hotel with a mice running around, its not for me

appreciate its not a int recognised country, but for the purpose of " country hunters " and travel Vloggers it seems to be must

Maybe 'country hunters' and 'Vloggers' have different objectives to yours truly