+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Corporation opens it’s doors once more

Re: The Corporation opens it’s doors once more

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Heard mixed reviews. There's one not too far from me in Talbot Green... sell me...
    Reasonable prices, food is ok, the beds are comfy and the rooms are clean and spacious enough. Right up my street

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's not all about beer prices you boring old fart.

The poster, “Canton Kev”, said “he would be checking it out on Wednesday”

I was just warning him, it was £5 a pint, as the only thing he will be able to check out, is the pub part, as the rest shuts at 5pm

I won’t lower myself, to resort to name calling, as that takes me back to school playgrounds
    Get down there Tit and review the beer for us

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Get down there Tit and review the beer for us
    I’m a coeliac sufferer me, cider only

I won’t lower myself, to resort to name calling, as that takes me back to school playgrounds
    F*ck me, some memory on you

It's not all about beer prices you boring old fart.

The poster, “Canton Kev”, said “he would be checking it out on Wednesday”

I was just warning him, it was £5 a pint, as the only thing he will be able to check out, is the pub part, as the rest shuts at 5pm

Maybe when stating you won't be resorting to "name calling" you shouldn't have already "name called" earlier in your post

I called you an old fart as its more af a friendly thing init than the usual nasty name calling we get in here

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    F*ck me, some memory on you
    Long term, not short term obviously

I’m a coeliac sufferer me, cider only
    I'm sure that they sell ethically sourced cider made with Apples grown by kids on south London estates or something similar.

I'm sure that they sell ethically sourced cider made with Apples grown by kids on south London estates or something similar.
    Lock Stock & Two Cider Barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Lock Stock & Two Cider Barrels
    very good, don't give them ideas.

A lot of places in town now the pints start with a £5+ if you drink anything other than the usual mainstream shite.
    Get yourself up to the Victoria Park Pub and they do a lovely drop of Bayside by Brains for £3.50.

Nobody is against the idea of the market, it's just all a bit self serving in my opinion. Some of the stores project an ethical Message but the reality is that the wider community won't be able to afford to shop there due to the prices. It promotes a message of inclusiveness although it's the opposite in my opinion. Good luck to binki and her crew with her refillable pasta packs.

I've worked for the landlord of the corporation and to say that he's a prolific property developer who liked to pack em in is an understatement. If I was a cynical man then I'd probably think that he's waiting on planning permission to turn the building into apartments. I'd have liked to have seen a hotel there, that would have created more jobs for the community and would've benefited the surrounding businesses. Although I doubt it would be allowed due to parking restrictions in the area.
    I see your reasoning but in a day it’s created more jobs, revenue and benefits for Canton than the boarded up building has in the last 7 years. There’s already 7 pubs/bars within a 2 minute walk of the Corp so another boozer wouldn’t have added any extra income to the area, just split it 8 ways instead of 7. At least this attracts more people to Canton that normally wouldn’t go there and spend money.
    Also it’s hard to tell exactly from the article how many businesses are using the space but it seems like it’s at least 6 or 7. Barbers, book shop, cafe, bar, wine shop, food shop, youth hangout spot and possibly more on the way so I’m not sure if a hotel would’ve provided more jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I see your reasoning but in a day it’s created more jobs, revenue and benefits for Canton than the boarded up building has in the last 7 years. There’s already 7 pubs/bars within a 2 minute walk of the Corp so another boozer wouldn’t have added any extra income to the area, just split it 8 ways instead of 7. At least this attracts more people to Canton that normally wouldn’t go there and spend money.
    Also it’s hard to tell exactly from the article how many businesses are using the space but it seems like it’s at least 6 or 7. Barbers, book shop, cafe, bar, wine shop, food shop, youth hangout spot and possibly more on the way so I’m not sure if a hotel would’ve provided more jobs.
    The supply chain would probably provide quite a lot of jobs. I have nothing against the market, good luck to them and i hope that people enjoy it.

A friend of mine has been and he said the bar is run by Tiny Rebel.

Maybe when stating you won't be resorting to "name calling" you shouldn't have already "name called" earlier in your post

I called you an old fart as its more af a friendly thing init than the usual nasty name calling we get in here

I’ve posted 3 times in this thread and I’ve done no “name calling” !!!

I’ve posted 3 times in this thread and I’ve done no “name calling” !!!
    Neither was I when I called you an old fart.

You then called me an old fart, then mentioned the name calling. Its not hard to follow if you read your reply to me

Neither was I when I called you an old fart.

You then called me an old fart, then mentioned the name calling. Its not hard to follow if you read your reply to me

I did not call you an old fart, I just copied and pasted what you wrote, in reference

I did not call you an old fart, I just copied and pasted what you wrote, in reference
    Ah that old chestnut.

Heard mixed reviews. There's one not too far from me in Talbot Green... sell me...
    We always shunned Taco Bell's in the US, its a fast food place, think Mcdonalds but full of Hispanics I guess you won't get many hispanics in the one at Pontyclun though ( nothing wrong with hispanics I might add )

then we indulged on one trip, 3 Burrito's, 2 lots of Fries and 2 Ice blast drinks, $14 ( thats a tenner ) the food was cooked fresh, it was tasty and we loved it, we Obviously didn't fit in and the other customers looked at us like we were Aliens, but were no bother

Our UK prices are not as cheap of course, but it was fairly decent, worth a go

Pubs are a thing of the past. Glad the building hasn’t just been left to rot

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We always shunned Taco Bell's in the US, its a fast food place, think Mcdonalds but full of Hispanics I guess you won't get many hispanics in the one at Pontyclun though ( nothing wrong with hispanics I might add )

then we indulged on one trip, 3 Burrito's, 2 lots of Fries and 2 Ice blast drinks, $14 ( thats a tenner ) the food was cooked fresh, it was tasty and we loved it, we Obviously didn't fit in and the other customers looked at us like we were Aliens, but were no bother

Our UK prices are not as cheap of course, but it was fairly decent, worth a go
    I thank you for your reply.

If I am up on my feet tomorrow I shall get over there and take the plunge, it's only a 10 minute drive.

Canton a poor area ? Where havre you been all your life ? Have you noticed the cost of buying a house in the area ? You have to be well off to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Canton a poor area ? Where havre you been all your life ? Have you noticed the cost of buying a house in the area ? You have to be well off to live there.
    You have to be well off to buy a house anywhere in/near Cardiff these days. Same for most of the UK, house prices are constantly rising everywhere.
    Compared to a lot of other areas of Cardiff, Canton is poorer than most.

Always thought the Corporation would have made a good Premier Inn / Travelodge. Great location, Handy for the City Centre, close to all amenities etc Budget accommodation for visitors. Looked like a winner to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Always thought the Corporation would have made a good Premier Inn / Travelodge. Great location, Handy for the City Centre, close to all amenities etc Budget accommodation for visitors. Looked like a winner to me.
    Where do they park?

Genuine question. It used to piss me off looking for hotels for work as you'd go online see the inviting price and then notice an add on for parking in areas like London, or there would be no onsite parking in places like Cambridge and you'd have to park in a multi story..

Where do they park?

Genuine question. It used to piss me off looking for hotels for work as you'd go online see the inviting price and then notice an add on for parking in areas like London, or there would be no onsite parking in places like Cambridge and you'd have to park in a multi story..
    I mentioned it above, the PI in Liverpool has a " approved car park " that was a 20 min walk

My youngest played rugby at Twickenham and we stayed in a Travelodge the night before, had to park in a multi-storey down the road, cost about 20 quid in car parking fee's