Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 HULL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No.
    There was a touch of irony in my post.......no, not just a touch, a lot

What the managers said...

Cardiff's Steve Morison: "It [booing] must be down to where we are in the league because we've had back-to-back wins. If we are going to get out of this, it is going to take absolutely everybody. Everyone who works at the football club and every fan who comes through the door and watches.

"You see the difference in performance when the fans get right behind us and try and suck the ball towards the goal with their energy and their noise. Unfortunately, when it goes the other way and we get the negative reaction, it has the opposite effect. I'd ask, if we are going to get out of this, we need the fans to be right behind us."

Hull's Grant McCann: "Cardiff is a tough place to come and we knew it was going to be a tough game. I thought defensively we were very good and scored a good goal from a set play. We stuck to our task very well. We knew they had a big centre forward and we would have to be good at stopping crosses. We did that for the majority of the game.

"I'm delighted to have three clean sheets and three wins in a row. We are really, really pleased with the result because Cardiff have been reinvigorated under Steve."

[QUOTE=Michael Morris;5248574]What the managers said...

Cardiff's Steve Morison: "It [booing] must be down to where we are in the league because we've had back-to-back wins. If we are going to get out of this, it is going to take absolutely everybody. Everyone who works at the football club and every fan who comes through the door and watches.

Steve Morison pre game “ we need to give the fans something to get behind in home games and that starts with 3 points” - what happened there then, to be honest thought the booing was really only loud after that abject first half and more resigned at the end of the game - what does he expect when we rarely see the team win at home and put in a terrible first 45 minutes devoid of any urgency or creativity

Grant McCann “ Cardiff is a tough place to come to” - no it’s not we’ve lost 7 of the last 8 home games, it’s the easiest place in the Championship to come to and win

Football manager speak eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What the managers said...

"You see the difference in performance when the fans get right behind us and try and suck the ball towards the goal with their energy and their noise. Unfortunately, when it goes the other way and we get the negative reaction, it has the opposite effect. I'd ask, if we are going to get out of this, we need the fans to be right behind us."

Hull's Grant McCann: "Cardiff is a tough place to come and we knew it was going to be a tough game. I thought defensively we were very good and scored a good goal from a set play. We stuck to our task very well. We knew they had a big centre forward and we would have to be good at stopping crosses. We did that for the majority of the game.

"I'm delighted to have three clean sheets and three wins in a row. We are really, really pleased with the result because Cardiff have been reinvigorated under Steve."
    Was queuing for a much needed pint at half time so didn't hear the boos then but I thought the full time boos were aimed at the weak ref as he left the pitch. To be fair to Morison, he's right that it helps when the fans are behind the team but it also helps when the team give the fans something to get behind. It doesn't even need to be quality play just some intensity and tempo would get us going