+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 HULL CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HULL CITY. Match thread

Absolutely crap result. We'd now be in relegation zone but for Reading and Derby points deductions

That feels a bit like Reading again.

League position, balance of chances, match stats and that sinking feeling after a home 0 - 1 loss.

Fortunately Peterborough got battered by Blackburn

Team selection cost us, I don't think Moore was fit as he was very poor

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 HULL CITY. Match thread

Collins should have scored but we can’t just play for 45 minutes ( or around 20 minutes ) . Yet another team celebrates on our pitch, it’s becoming quite the habit

Awful game. I'm sick of seeing Bacuna in our shirt. He offers absolutely nothing

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Awful game. I'm sick of seeing Bacuna in our shirt. He offers absolutely nothing
    Multiple managers have played him now so he must offer something

What that something is isn't particularly clear to me though, he's anonymous most of the time

Same as Pack and Vaulks, you could clearly see Ralls made a difference in the 2nd half, the other 3 are all alike, one paced and no ability to pick a pass

I thought Vaulks was terrible. Seemed half arsed. Better when Ralls came on.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Multiple managers have played him now so he must offer something

What that something is isn't particularly clear to me though, he's anonymous most of the time

Totally agree, the fella contributes nothing at all
    Should never wear the shirt again

Please never ever start that midfield again.

5 at the back isn't working. At all. We are absolutely dire and we're playing centre backs that can't pass and at the moment aren't defending. I know we dont have a left back or wingers but it's time to play people out of position. Something has to give. I can't watch Nelson pass the ball out of play 5 times a game.

Also, why is every first half so bloody dire? We actually started the second half with some intensity. We are so lucky Barnsley and Peterborough are rubbish and Derby are doomed.

You could say the same post about 75% of our games this season, we are absolutely dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I thought Vaulks was terrible. Seemed half arsed. Better when Ralls came on.
    Vaulks was awful. Ralls the best of a bad bunch.

Not forgetting to add that was a completely make shift defensive line for Hull as they were missing 4 front line defenders and we still couldn’t score

Whenever we had the ball I felt we were struggling to keep possession. No rhythm or fluency or guile.

The commentator is still speaking with the mic on
    and just said he's a Liverpool fan.
    He's now singing Road Rage by Catatonia!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    5 at the back isn't working. At all. We are absolutely dire and we're playing centre backs that can't pass and at the moment aren't defending. I know we dont have a left back or wingers but it's time to play people out of position. Something has to give. I can't watch Nelson pass the ball out of play 5 times a game.

Also, why is every first half so bloody dire? We actually started the second half with some intensity. We are so lucky Barnsley and Peterborough are rubbish and Derby are doomed.

You could say the same post about 75% of our games this season, we are absolutely dire.
    Pretty much, though we can't really play any other system unless Davies & Evans are stuck out wide. I wouldn't mind something like:

Smithies

Ng McGuinness Morrison Giles

Ralls Bowen

Evans Colwill Davies

Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Please never ever start that midfield again.
    This is the reason we are in this mess, 3 midfielders that would struggle in league 1. Hopefully Sang can fill one of the roles with Ralls and maybe a bit of quality in the January sales.
    Also maybe theres a youngster in the U23s that can play instead of Nelson, who has not come up to the grade expected of a championship defender, Bagen looked promising at first but fell off maybe under new coaching we can see him come again.

I'd rather give the kids ago in the middle. Vaulks isn't a footballer, Pack looks like he is 70 the way he runs and I've said enough about Bacuna.

We lack any pace or fight. The only player who looked bright was Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    This is the reason we are in this mess, 3 midfielders that would struggle in league 1. Hopefully Sang can fill one of the roles with Ralls and maybe a bit of quality in the January sales.
    Also maybe theres a youngster in the U23s that can play instead of Nelson, who has not come up to the grade expected of a championship defender, Bagen looked promising at first but fell off maybe under new coaching we can see him come again.
    Bowen should go into the side before Sang

What a pisser after a brief uprising

This club isn't going to be out of the bottom six all season in my opinion

You have to beat poor sides around you to stay up , the big boys will show no mercy

Not even Xmas and it's squeaky bum time

Can't blame the manager or the players I just hope we have enough in the locker to stay up but I wouldn't put any money on it

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I know we need to support the youth but I really don’t get the hype with Colwill

I think he’s very clumsy and slow on the ball
    Thr slow part is probably down to looking for a suitable pass and not seeing a lot of movement giving him options of such a thing..maybe.

No grumbles from me, showed we can play a bit (with a half time rollicking again) and I actually e joyed watching us.

We would have lost that with any of our last 3 managers in charge and the players available so I'm gonna look past the results for now, as there's definitely something brewing with this lot.

#UpTheCity

Pleasure to watch for God knows how long.

Movement is very poor. Centre backs can't pass and take too long when they do. NG offers nothing going forward down the right. Pack only passes sideways or backwards. Giles was our only creative outlet, Colwill was the only midfielder who received the ball and then look to turn with it, rather than immediately pass it backwards. So frustrating.

Just got back, that was awful. Somebody nailed it with "slow and ponderous" for the first half, Isaac Davies was the only one who looked like he might make something happen. Second half slightly better but we look so low on quality. We looked absolutely terrible against a bad Hull side, I'm now actually starting to think we could go down

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thr slow part is probably down to looking for a suitable pass and not seeing a lot of movement giving him options of such a thing..maybe.

No grumbles from me, showed we can play a bit (with a half time rollicking again) and I actually e joyed watching us.

We would have lost that with any of our last 3 managers in charge and the players available so I'm gonna look past the results for now, as there's definitely something brewing with this lot.

#UpTheCity

Pleasure to watch for God knows how long.
    ‘We would have lost that with any of our last 3 managers in charge’ - quite brilliant insight!

Dear me……..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ‘We would have lost that with any of our last 3 managers in charge’ - quite brilliant insight!

Dear me……..
    Quality stuff. You looking for a row are you? Try your missus when you get home, nothing on offer here.