+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 HULL CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 HULL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Multiple managers have played him now so he must offer something

What that something is isn't particularly clear to me though, he's anonymous most of the time
    To me - He’s got all the physical attributes but plays like he doesn’t give a toss. Doesn’t care if he’s lost his runner or misplaced a pass. No doubt he looks superb in training.

Personally if he got his head in the right space he’d be a very good player. File under Josh Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thr slow part is probably down to looking for a suitable pass and not seeing a lot of movement giving him options of such a thing..maybe.

No grumbles from me, showed we can play a bit (with a half time rollicking again) and I actually e joyed watching us.

We would have lost that with any of our last 3 managers in charge and the players available so I'm gonna look past the results for now, as there's definitely something brewing with this lot.

#UpTheCity

Pleasure to watch for God knows how long.
    I personally feel he has really poor control but I’m in the minority

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just got back, that was awful. Somebody nailed it with "slow and ponderous" for the first half, Isaac Davies was the only one who looked like he might make something happen. Second half slightly better but we look so low on quality. We looked absolutely terrible against a bad Hull side, I'm now actually starting to think we could go down
    I only saw the first hour and bar the first 10 mins of the second half it wasn’t very good.

How long will: ‘at least we aren’t just booting it’ be enough for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    Movement is very poor. Centre backs can't pass and take too long when they do. NG offers nothing going forward down the right. Pack only passes sideways or backwards. Giles was our only creative outlet, Colwill was the only midfielder who received the ball and then look to turn with it, rather than immediately pass it backwards. So frustrating.
    I agree, very little movement going forward. It is infuriating to watch our midfield refusing to turn with the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I only saw the first hour and bar the first 10 mins of the second half it wasn’t very good.

We just don't have a good squad. We can have any manager and we will still be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bowen should go into the side before Sang
    I don't agree with that but as I said the 3 we had tonight are that bad why not play Sang Ralls and Bowen, it could be a bit lightweight in the championship but surely could not be any worse than what we have witnessed the last couple of seasons

Thing is our fanbase haven't got the patience for any tippy tappy passing. First half you could see they've been told to be patient, try and move the ball around and create openings. Trouble was that none of the players on the pitch are creative enough to create those openings. But even if they were, within 4 sideways/barely forward passes the crowd are screaming COME ON F**KS SAKES at the players.

Also as shit as that was tonight, 4 games into a manager's reign and having won the last two and they're booed off at half time and full time? Twats

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I thought Vaulks was terrible. Seemed half arsed. Better when Ralls came on.
    Vaulks did find the net mind.

We must get Wintle back in January and give him a go. Can't be worse than what we've got at the moment.

Thing is our fanbase haven't got the patience for any tippy tappy passing. First half you could see they've been told to be patient, try and move the ball around and create openings. Trouble was that none of the players on the pitch are creative enough to create those openings. But even if they were, within 4 sideways/barely forward passes the crowd are screaming COME ON F**KS SAKES at the players.

Also as shit as that was tonight, 4 games into a manager's reign and having won the last two and they're booed off at half time and full time? Twats
    To be fair, one lucky win apart, home fans have had absolutely nothing to get enthusiastic about for getting for three months now - I don’t blame those who booed at half time, full time I’m not so sure about.

Ridiculous that we made 17stone, 44 year old Tom Huddleston look like England material.

From what I saw (which was the whole game on TV), there's still plenty of 'just booting it'.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Vaulks did find the net mind.
    From about 30 yards out an’ all.

I can't decide if Aden Flint and Curtis Nelson trying to play the ball out from the back is funny or sad.

We looked absolutely terrible against a bad Hull side, I'm now actually starting to think we could go down
    If it wasn't for the points deductions at Derby and Reading, City would now be in the bottom three.

Thankfully, Derby's points deduction will almost certainly be too much to overcome, while Barnsley and Peterborough are really poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    From about 30 yards out an’ all.
    And in the first 45 mins too.

I feel a teams going to have to put through their own net to break this bizarre cycle.

Anyone reckon that Warnock, Harris & McCarthy attempted to have the lads understanding and playing a passing game at pace in training? Weighing things up after watching and saying ‘Nah, not working, can’t do it, lump it up there again on Saturday boys’.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I thought Vaulks was terrible. Seemed half arsed. Better when Ralls came on.
    Absolutely this ^^^

People have been saying how bad Will Vaulks has been for us, people who probably watch more games than I, and I thought they might have been a little harsh on him.

If he played in those games I missed anything like that performance from him tonight then I would have to hold my hand up.
    The guy did absolutely nothing positive for our team.

I mentioned earlier in the thread at half time how poor our midfield were at linking our ball carrier defence with attack and Vaulks just typified this.

I watched Vaulks while Flint passed it to Nelson who then passed it to Giles who then passed it back to Nelson who then passed it to Flint who then passed to NG (repeat)...
    He literally strolled around watching it happen, never showed for the ball at all. He didn't want it.
    It was no surprise not to see him come back out for the second half as I would think (hope) Morison read him the riot act.

He wasn't the only one who was poor in that midfield mind you.

Like a few have already said on here, I was really looking forward to tonight as I thought we may have turned the corner and started to play a bit.
    Looks like have been slightly misguided.
    Steve Morison has his work cut out.

I feel sorry for Steve Morison but I hope he learns a lesson pretty quickly tonight. He hasn't got the luxury of time so he must ensure he doesn't make the same mistake again: our league position will not allow it.

I feel sorry for him because I think anyone can see that partly due to the incompetence of previous managers and largely due to the naivety and ineptitude of the board, we have been left with a squad full of also rans. There is virtually no quality in the squad. Instead we have a motley crew of journeymen stealing a living as professional footballers. I don't envy Steve Morison's enormous challenge.

He is lucky in that our poor quality had led to his getting a chance to shine as a manager; however, because of his inexperience he might have been thrown a poisoned chalice. I genuinely feel he has the ability to succeed but he has been dealt a duff hand with the squad he's inherited.

On the other hand, notwithstanding the limitation in front of him I hope he has learnt tonight that there is no room for the likes of Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna and Nelson anywhere near this squad. I'm hoping he has learnt this harsh lesson tonight and let's hope we never see them playing in a City shirt ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Anyone reckon that Warnock, Harris & McCarthy attempted to have the lads understanding and playing a passing game at pace in training? Weighing things up after watching and saying ‘Nah, not working, can’t do it, lump it up there again on Saturday boys’.
    No.

Just got in from watching a disappointing game, I can't think of anything positive to say about tonight's game .

We will never draw a team out of shape whilst playing in slow motion. The running off the ball is virtually non existent. Hull were so poor they made us look better than we are in the second half. It was a massive step backwards tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just got in from watching a disappointing game, I can't think of anything positive to say about tonight's game .
    Same here. The lack of quality throughout this side is alarming. Hull defended fairly comfortably although Collins should have put away that header at the death.

We have absolutely nothing do we. So easy for Hull to grab a goal and then defend quite comfortably.

Only player I thought did well was Giles, beat his man quite a few times, has pace. Maybe just the final cross at times lacked but other than him we really have no pace or creativity and he has hardly been consistent this season.

We're just slow on and off the ball, I think if you watch games back at 1.25x speed it might look normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Absolutely this ^^^

People have been saying how bad Will Vaulks has been for us, people who probably watch more games than I, and I thought they might have been a little harsh on him.

If he played in those games I missed anything like that performance from him tonight then I would have to hold my hand up.
    The guy did absolutely nothing positive for our team.

I mentioned earlier in the thread at half time how poor our midfield were at linking our ball carrier defence with attack and Vaulks just typified this.

I watched Vaulks while Flint passed it to Nelson who then passed it to Giles who then passed it back to Nelson who then passed it to Flint who then passed to NG (repeat)...
    He literally strolled around watching it happen, never showed for the ball at all. He didn't want it.
    It was no surprise not to see him come back out for the second half as I would think (hope) Morison read him the riot act.

He wasn't the only one who was poor in that midfield mind you.

Like a few have already said on here, I was really looking forward to tonight as I thought we may have turned the corner and started to play a bit.
    Looks like have been slightly misguided.
    Steve Morison has his work cut out.
    None of our midfielders who started the game wanted the ball in midfield. It's pathetic.