Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
It's a verbatim video from Sky News. If you only watch news from sources you approve of you won't get the full picture. You should watch the video as it's wholly relevant. It's easy to nitpick but it's bloody hard to govern.

Sorry for any assumptions, that was wrong of me, but that is how it comes across. This is a big step forward that is a big movement in the right direction. One can argue it doesnt go far enough but it is a sea change and a positive move and people really should see it like that (unless you approve of people losing almost all their savings?)

It really does read a lot that people supportive of the opposition do not want things to succeed or do not want to see progress made if it isnt under their terms.
James you are sort of missing the point. Many conservative MPs couldn't support this proposal despite almost always voting with the government on every other issue, don't you want to know why? I don't really care what Labour's proposal is until they have one and they probably won't have one until they are in government because you don't win elections by being honest. You think 'well what are Labour going to do??!' is some big gotcha because you have decided I am some politicised left wing activist, I am not and therefore it isn't.

I disagree, I don't see it as a big step forward. I do not have much in way of savings, live in rented accommodation and will inherit more of my parents wealth as a result of this bill, but I still don't support it because it is prioritises preserving generational wealth over what is best for the country which is accessing it and distributing it via progressive taxation. I will make it really simple, I don't feel entitled to my parents accumulated wealth and I think it is counter intuitive to build our funding model around the premise that inherited wealth is a good thing for the nation as a whole.