+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales on Line and Rugby

Wales on Line and Rugby

Seem to have fallen out of love - gone are the high jinks stories.

Every day now a new fan who was going to his / her first game was subjected to swearing / vomit.

The behaviour of rugby fans is so appalling they have been compared to football fans!

Re: Wales on Line and Rugby

They値l post anything that will get clicks

A devising topic like that will always do we値l click wise

To be fair there have been some sensible suggestions like you can only be vomited over during half time.

I doubt that those that attach themselves to the rugby could sing the National anthem word for word Acappella like Wales football supporters do.

I read a story earlier where they said something along the lines of how rugby should take a leaf out of the book of football
    Did wonder if I壇 read it wrong at the time

Never thought I壇 see the day in Wales where the atmosphere at the football is lauded more by the media than at the rugby

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I doubt that those that attach themselves to the rugby could sing the National anthem word for word Acappella like Wales football supporters do.
    Why not? Is it a song they're not familiar with?

There definitely seems to be more negative press over rugby fans behaviour these days, and more positive coverage of football fans.

Having watches Wales v NZ, South Africa, Fiji and Australia and similarly watched England, Ireland and France against similar opposition it is very evident the world ranking of 8 is spot on.

The rugby is dull and we've struggled in all the games. Contrast France and Ireland who have both turned over NZ with exciting, expansive rugby.

It was appalling reading how that young spectator had been vomited on by one of the many drunken supporters who now seem prevalent at the game. I am not surprised the media have lost their love of the egg as frankly there's not much to love.

In contrast we're now developing a group of very exciting young Welsh footballers and Neco Williams was an absolute joy to watch against Belgium.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I would suggest there’s a fair proportion of people that attend both on the basis that 2% of the population of Wales is inside the stadium on a Wales rugby day

An exciting group of young footballers who may not qualify for the World Cup.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CV9_6...dium=copy_link

Not sure if this link will work for those without the app but this guy looks quite pleased with his bitter...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Let’s face it, the only time we’ve qualified for a World Cup was more down to luck than judgement, so if this “exciting group of young footballers” fail to make it, they’ll be joining a very long list containing plenty of teams which were thought of as bright young things once.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They値l post anything that will get clicks

A devising topic like that will always do we値l click wise
    Spot on. Sadly, thats the way of much of modern journalism, exacerbated by the need to share and comment on articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    If we don't qualify we don't qualify, still had a lot of fun watching us try

Link here: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fun