+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: undr the cosh -Ben Turner this week

undr the cosh -Ben Turner this week

well worth a listen on podcast or watch on youtube :This week is Ben Turner, a lot of its about his time at Cardiff

https://youtu.be/NMCbopg3Du4

Re: undr the cosh -Ben Turner this week

Does Parkin talk about Malky?

Another player confirming Tan meddling with team selections in the PL season. Why didn't Ole just stand up to him I'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    haha yes Malky wouldn't even give him a ticket for the league cup final, he had to buy his own ticket to go

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Oh yes. Usual stuff.

Good interview as well. Turner comes across very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Oh yes. Usual stuff.
    I used to like listening to this when they had ex-City players on, but Parkin says the same stuff about Malky each time.

I always used to think Ben Turner was good value when he was interviewed as a City player and he was again here. Although it goes on for nearly two hours, it’s well worth the watch if you’ve got the time - interesting to hear his take on his suspension for racist comments and how that affected his life.

One thing though, I can’t for the life of me remember this bloke;-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dong_Fangzhuo

Who Ben marked when Coventry won at Man United in the League Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I always used to think Ben Turner was good value when he was interviewed as a City player and he was again here. Although it goes on for nearly two hours, it’s well worth the watch if you’ve got the time - interesting to hear his take on his suspension for racist comments and how that affected his life.

One thing though, I can’t for the life of me remember this bloke;-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dong_Fangzhuo

Who Ben marked when Coventry won at Man United in the League Cup.
    He always got wheeled out when we’d lost. Never hid and always gave you the impression it wasn’t going to happen again soon.

Loved him as a centre back. Commanding in the air and in the tackle and decent in the floor, certainly at championship level. Started the prem season well as well, but the injuries and arrival of Cala and Ole spoiled that.

Personally I think if he’s stayed fit and Malky had stayed there’s a good chance we would have stayed up

One interesting snippet was a comment that Mick McCarthy would have walked instead of putting up with the crap from the owner and the board. I've wondered if McCarthy was told what to do from above and whether some of his team selections right at the end were due to the owners and it was his way of shoving two fingers up to the club's hierachy.

Always like Ben Turner, will give that a watch. Maybe his best game for us was against Villa in the Prem. Think he was given Man of the match from Tv? Drew 0-0 and for the next game Ole dropped the entire back four. Got stuffed 4-0 by Hull. Ole at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Always like Ben Turner, will give that a watch. Maybe his best game for us was against Villa in the Prem. Think he was given Man of the match from Tv? Drew 0-0 and for the next game Ole dropped the entire back four. Got stuffed 4-0 by Hull. Ole at the wheel.
    That got mentioned. Not Ole's decision but Tan's. He wanted certain players to play. Solskjaer wouldn't stand up to him.

I haven't watched it all but found the bit about Cala and Caulker not getting on interesting. That couldn't have been good for defensive cohesion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Ole wasnt at the wheel .
    Turner liked him , but said Ole wasnt making the decisions .
    Tan was......

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That got mentioned. Not Ole's decision but Tan's. He wanted certain players to play. Solskjaer wouldn't stand up to him.
    This is shocking….but not surprising

for anybody like myself who can't listen to Parkin, write up in 442

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/man...diculous-reign

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I haven't watched it all but found the bit about Cala and Caulker not getting on interesting. That couldn't have been good for defensive cohesion.
    Not the first comment either about Cala being a disruptive influence :-o