+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nervous excitement about tonight.

Re: Nervous excitement about tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    On the plusside shame we're superb, with a very Ian curtis-esque performance from Charlie Steen - full of energy and a special mention goes to the bassist josh finnerty who's as mad as a box of frogs. Best post punk band live. Definitely worth a watch.
    Shame are a fantastic live act. I’ve seen them five times and will be seeing them again next week at Bristol’s Rough Trade in a show with a crowd capacity of just 150. I’ve met the band a few times too - great bunch of lads, good fun and really genuine.

Don’t get your comparison with Ian Curtis at all, though. Charlie Steen’s stage act is far more Iggy Pop than Ian Curtis.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Shame are a fantastic live act. I’ve seen them five times and will be seeing them again next week at Bristol’s Rough Trade in a show with a crowd capacity of just 150. I’ve met the band a few times too - great bunch of lads, good fun and really genuine.

Don’t get your comparison with Ian Curtis at all, though. Charlie Steen’s stage act is far more Iggy Pop than Ian Curtis.
    The dress sense, the weird jerking movements with no apparent sense of the beat. Just how see it. But I get your iggy pop likeness too.

Last time I saw them was in a venue of similar size to the Rough Trade, so it'll be fun

See, this is what happens to football managers.

They get a couple of good results by playing different players, then they morph into their predecessors and go back to the old guard, thinking they will now be better players, when they are still shite.

Wrong team selection all over the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Last time I saw them was in a venue of similar size to the Rough Trade, so it'll be fun
    Saw them at the same venue almost exactly three years ago and it was a blast. Got to spend lots of time with the guys before and after the show and they were great company.

I thought Shame’s debut album was the best by any new band in decades. Wasn’t too keen on the second album initially, but it’s grown on me after seeing them perform some of the tracks live. They really are a brilliant live act.

Feedback

Saw them at the same venue almost exactly three years ago and it was a blast. Got to spend lots of time with the guys before and after the show and they were great company.

I thought Shame’s debut album was the best by any new band in decades. Wasn’t too keen on the second album initially, but it’s grown on me after seeing them perform some of the tracks live. They really are a brilliant live act.
    They played "this side of the sun" last night, which is a different sound from the two albums. It's a tune.

Best by any new band in decades

In any genre

You are on your own there

I am all for the move to turn this thread into a music one, god bless you to all involved

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is it safe?
    It wasn't.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Best by any new band in decades

In any genre

You are on your own there
    the thing is Sludge bands don't need to make albums anymore, its about single releases to raise your profile and touring to make money. There is plenty of quality albums out there though, and what is the best in decades will undoubtedly be a personal choice, but saying that, Songs of Praise is very good indeed.