+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nervous excitement about tonight.

Nervous excitement about tonight.

Hope and wanting is now turning into belief.
    With the players feeling more confident and picking up points my excitement levels are rising and so are the nerves.
    Not quite a cup final but a very important 6 pointer and for our momentum.

Feedback

Re: Nervous excitement about tonight.

I was excited about tonight until I realised I've double booked a gig in mcr.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I was excited about tonight until I realised I've double booked a gig in mcr.
    Who are you not seeing in mcr?

I am looking forward to supporting the boys and making some noise

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Who are you not seeing in mcr?
    I'm off to see Shame at the Ritz, with bouncy floor and everything

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    With the players feeling more confident and picking up points my excitement levels are rising and so are the nerves.
    I know what you mean. It's weird what a couple of good results and change of manager does. Starting to count the points between us and the play offs now ha.

Probably first match this season I've looked forward to really, well apart from maybe the first.

Hoping to see some level of technical ability and a win, not expecting any madness like a first half goal or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I know what you mean. It's weird what a couple of good results and change of manager does. Starting to count the points between us and the play offs now ha.
    On the other hand if we lose tonight, everyone will be thinking relegation is a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Probably first match this season I've looked forward to really, well apart from maybe the first.

Hoping to see some level of technical ability and a win, not expecting any madness like a first half goal or anything.

Feet are firmly on the ground.

I am of the opinion we need to judge Morison game by game and look for improvements, results might not always go our way but if we can piece together a plan and improve bit by bit then great.

I managed to catch from 66 mins on the weekend as I'd been out shopping (kids eh) and I'm liking what I am seeing, yes it's not perfect, but how much time has he really had with the full squad (as in days on the training pitch, we know they get rest days etc so it's not 5 days a week training) hopefully a little more time with Hudson and we can tighten up at the back but for now I am just happy seeing us more free flowing in attack and square pegs in square holes!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    On the other hand if we lose tonight, everyone will be thinking relegation is a foregone conclusion.
    Yay for positivity

Absolutely. The past few months I've had about as much enthusiasm going down the city as I would visiting the dentist.
    However I do have that game day excitement feeling this morning.
    Amazing what a changing of the guard can do.

Oh yes the buzz is back.

Looking forward to our third win on the bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Absolutely. The past few months I've had about as much enthusiasm going down the city as I would visiting the dentist.
    However I do have that game day excitement feeling this morning.
    Amazing what a changing of the guard can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Oh yes the buzz is back.
    Looking forward to our third win on the bounce.
    Is it safe?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Feet are firmly on the ground.

I am of the opinion we need to judge Morison game by game and look for improvements, results might not always go our way but if we can piece together a plan and improve bit by bit then great.

I managed to catch from 66 mins on the weekend as I'd been out shopping (kids eh) and I'm liking what I am seeing, yes it's not perfect, but how much time has he really had with the full squad (as in days on the training pitch, we know they get rest days etc so it's not 5 days a week training) hopefully a little more time with Hudson and we can tighten up at the back but for now I am just happy seeing us more free flowing in attack and square pegs in square holes!!!!!
    Good post, exactly how I see it. Improved performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good post, exactly how I see it. Improved performance.
    It's obvious we want an upturn in results, but like already said we need to see performances improve consistently over the odd period where we pick up 2 wins and a draw in a month but nothing really changes on the pitch.

Thankfully we are seeing changes on the pitch as well. Let's see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It's obvious we want an upturn in results, but like already said we need to see performances improve consistently over the odd period where we pick up 2 wins and a draw in a month but nothing really changes on the pitch.

Thankfully we are seeing changes on the pitch as well. Let's see how it plays out.
    No team has can prosper long term the way we used to play under Warnock, Mick and to a slightly lesser degree, Harris. That was the concerning thing even when we were doing well with results. It took teams about 3 years to work us out at this level plus the added fact that we couldn't afford that little bit of quality that could get us out of the shit. I watched the final 30 minutes against Preston and it was much better. Players getting forward, following the pass, trying to create a bit of space and an option. There's a long way to go and we may find ourselves in the shit at the end of this season, although it wont be because of what Morison does, it'll be because of the previous three managers and their tactics.

I'm just happy to be looking forward to going to watch a City match again, not expecting wonders but hopeful that we're taking baby steps. Big coat, bobble hat, cold dry evening under the floodlights, lovely stuff

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm just happy to be looking forward to going to watch a City match again, not expecting wonders but hopeful that we're taking baby steps. Big coat, bobble hat, cold dry evening under the floodlights, lovely stuff
    We are in blue. That's enough for me to turn up.

Its going to be tough. Hull don't concede many - in either half.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No team has can prosper long term the way we used to play under Warnock, Mick and to a slightly lesser degree, Harris. That was the concerning thing even when we were doing well with results. It took teams about 3 years to work us out at this level plus the added fact that we couldn't afford that little bit of quality that could get us out of the shit. I watched the final 30 minutes against Preston and it was much better. Players getting forward, following the pass, trying to create a bit of space and an option. There's a long way to go and we may find ourselves in the shit at the end of this season, although it wont be because of what Morison does, it'll be because of the previous three managers and their tactics.
    Excellent reply and you aren't wrong hard to disagree with any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Oh! A case of premature excitement!

It’s almost inevitable that turning up at CCS with optimism leads to disappointment.

Wasn't a good watch tonight , thought we might knick a draw in second half , but alas no , upward and onwards .

Long season ahead .

Feedback

On the plusside shame we're superb, with a very Ian curtis-esque performance from Charlie Steen - full of energy and a special mention goes to the bassist josh finnerty who's as mad as a box of frogs.

Best post punk band live. Definitely worth a watch.