+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales v France Six Nations Unsold Tickets

Wales v France Six Nations Unsold Tickets

Looks like there are many thousands of unsold tickets for the six nations game on friday night. By my calculation perhaps between 7,500-10,000. May be the lowest ever six nations crowd at the Millennium Stadium and unless I'm mistaken, the first time that Wales v France hasn't sold out.

Of course, there are circumstances; friday night game, appalling transport options etc. However, tickets are £100!

The thousands of spare tickets are to the back of the upper tiers and every ticket seems to be £100 or £105. So a family of four may cost £420.

A similar amount of tickets remain for Wales v Italy next saturday, though at least you can get an adult ticket for £65 and a kids for £32.50

In my opinion, the WRU should be slammed for this. With everything going on, these are shameful prices and they deserve the embarrassment of great swathes of empty seats.

Re: Wales v France Six Nations Unsold Tickets

I've been to quite a few friday night games in the past - always france as it was only the WRU and french RFU who sanctioned friday night games out of the six nations teams.
    Always a good night out, afternoon off work on the beers etc and dosn't interfere with saturday football.
    But as you quite rightly say, the price of £100 in these times is just too off putting, and unsurprisingly a lot of my rugby mates who are diehards fans have felt the same. Easier to stay at home and have gatherings, beers, pizza nights with friends etc.

I can't say I'm surprised tbh.

Anybody who doesn't live in or near Cardiff will be spending a lot more money getting home on taxis.

Hopefully this will wake up the WRU and drive prices down as I agree, scandalous prices, especially in this day and age.

That's a fair chunk towards the energy increases.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Looks like there are many thousands of unsold tickets for the six nations game on friday night. By my calculation perhaps between 7,500-10,000. May be the lowest ever six nations crowd at the Millennium Stadium and unless I'm mistaken, the first time that Wales v France hasn't sold out.

Of course, there are circumstances; friday night game, appalling transport options etc. However, tickets are £100!

The thousands of spare tickets are to the back of the upper tiers and every ticket seems to be £100 or £105. So a family of four may cost £420.

A similar amount of tickets remain for Wales v Italy next saturday, though at least you can get an adult ticket for £65 and a kids for £32.50

In my opinion, the WRU should be slammed for this. With everything going on, these are shameful prices and they deserve the embarrassment of great swathes of empty seats.
    We usually go as a family to at least one game that's doesn't clash with the city but we normally get them through our local sports club which we are members of as they are cheaper but didn't get any in the ballot this year but not willing to pay this it would cost over £400 plus transport and food etc - cost of a week away abroad if you shop around!!

As others have said hopefully a wake up call for the WRU to reconsider as they well lose a generation of fans of they piss the parents off of the younger generation coming through

Club rugby at amateur level continues struggle certainly my way with lots of youth sides struggling clubs not being able field 2nd eleven in the league and relying on friendlies and some clubs going out of existence as well

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I've been to quite a few friday night games in the past - always france as it was only the WRU and french RFU who sanctioned friday night games out of the six nations teams.
    Always a good night out, afternoon off work on the beers etc and dosn't interfere with saturday football.
    But as you quite rightly say, the price of £100 in these times is just too off putting, and unsurprisingly a lot of my rugby mates who are diehards fans have felt the same. Easier to stay at home and have gatherings, beers, pizza nights with friends etc.
    If rugby is so good, why does it require hours of drinking before the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If rugby is so good, why does it require hours of drinking before the game?
    I have a drink before internationals as it is more of an event and a day out but at least you can just go out and enjoy it without a great degree of planning and wondering what the "safe pubs" are as you normally have to do when following Cardiff away

Cardiff City are running at just over 50% capacity, same rules apply?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    The CCFC tickets are not overpriced though, I think they are reasonable, as are the Welsh international prices.

pure greed and unjustifiable especially with the scrum fiascos and hoofball tennis.

Far too expensive for a game that is getting far too complicated to watch live, with so many rules changes every season.
    I'd rather watch on TV with someone explaining what the hell is going on and why the ref has blown his whistle for the umpteenth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Club rugby at amateur level continues struggle certainly my way with lots of youth sides struggling clubs not being able field 2nd eleven in the league and relying on friendlies and some clubs going out of existence as well
    Things must be bad if the number of players has been reduced to eleven

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Far too expensive for a game that is getting far too complicated to watch live, with so many rules changes every season.
    I'd rather watch on TV with someone explaining what the hell is going on and why the ref has blown his whistle for the umpteenth time.

I always watch Wales in a pub (spending money there instead) and have always wanted to go to the stadium for a game against like likes england, France, Scotland, Ireland, NZ or SA - but not at that kind of costs x2. By the time the clubs have been given the cheaper tickets they alienate revenue streams, with unrealistic tickets prices to people such as myself when they struggle to sell out.
    I registered for the Scotland game recently but all that was left was the dregs at £105!

I enjoy international rugby ......club rugby is boring ......and I used to go to watch the odd game with my old man .

But since the arrival of the fancy dress idiots and women in those stupid daffodil or dragon suits I would rather have a cup of tea .

And getting to the ground through all those piss artists no thanks

Spot on. I've stopped watching games live now, regardless of the explanations by the commentators. The game itself is far too complicated with so many petty rules and the ball is in play for less than half the allotted 80 minutes. Much easier to watch the highlights!

Where does the money they make go? The WRU messed up club rugby by bringing in regional clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Things must be bad if the number of players has been reduced to eleven
    Haha - that'll learn me

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The youth bit is mainly down to the change in ages that qualify for youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post

..I've been to a Wales England friday night game

I went a good few years ago to Wales v France.85 quid up in the Gods.Idiots back and fore to the bar. An elderly couple were sat with their feet in beer. .1950s atmosphere. Cardiff city centre a river of litter and piss artists. A shocking experience.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Are Cardiff charging £100 to stand in the Canton?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Are Cardiff charging £100 to stand in the Canton?
    No 20 i think and it still half empty

you can hire/buy a little radio to listen in to what the ref is saying.

I went to England v wales. £89, top tier. It was a pretty good experience to be honest. but then people around me were generally sober. Being surrounded by pissed muppets on a friday night is less fun.

International

That's a lot of money, does that include the daffodil face or would that be extra?

International

Prices are high, but they'd have sold them if they were winning and going for the grand slam, a lot of glory hunters like Wales Rugby (not now they're not very good obviously) and Liverpool (mostly when they are good).