+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Franky Burrows

RIP Franky Burrows

Portsmouth twitter saying he's passed away.
    Sad sad news

Re: RIP Franky Burrows

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Sad sad news
    Indeed. Some of my favourite seasons were when Burrows was in charge.

RIP.
    Franky Burrows barmy army.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    RIP.
    Franky Burrows barmy army.
    Blue & White Army if I recall, RIP Frankie

https://twitter.com/chriswisey/statu...345103367?s=21

Definitely in the top ten City managers of the last sixty years, possibly the top five.

RIP

Frankie Burrows Blue and White Army

RIP Frankie

Good times under nice old Frankie RIP Bluebird

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Sad sad news
    Very, very sad. One of my favourite City managers, and an all round nice bloke. R.I.P Frankie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59404947

RIP Frankie

RIP Frank - 1987/88 was one of my favourite seasons not just for the football but from a fans perspective it was brilliant especially the away days.

RIP Frank good times following the club back then

also a mention to local baseball legend John Smith who passed away recently too for many the greatest baseball player in the 1970/80's in the Cardiff area

That's sad news. Had plenty of dealings with Frank Burrows and his assistant, Bobby Smith as a youngster. Some very fond memories and some not so. He was a real hard man, an incredibly tough character, but funny and generous at the same time.

One little anecdote. I was on tea making duty as a 15 year old at Ninian park. It was half time and the city were losing and playing poorly. I was dishing out the brew for the players while Frankie ripped them to pieces.Head down but loving listening to him assassinate the players. He went right around the dressing room and destroyed them all, one by one. Then, right at the end, he looked at me and said " And youse son, youse are a ****ing disgrace as well" ****ing brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    RIP Frank - 1987/88 was one of my favourite seasons not just for the football but from a fans perspective it was brilliant especially the away days.
    My first proper season that was, singing fb barmy army for what seemed like forever sometimes is entrenched in my memory. Promotion and a Welsh cup final to saviour down the vetch….Rip

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's sad news. Had plenty of dealings with Frank Burrows and his assistant, Bobby Smith as a youngster. Some very fond memories and some not so. He was a real hard man, an incredibly tough character, but funny and generous at the same time.

One little anecdote. I was on tea making duty as a 15 year old at Ninian park. It was half time and the city were losing and playing poorly. I was dishing out the brew for the players while Frankie ripped them to pieces.Head down but loving listening to him assassinate the players. He went right around the dressing room and destroyed them all, one by one. Then, right at the end, he looked at me and said " And youse son, youse are a ****ing disgrace as well" ****ing brilliant!

First Team

He used to scare me rigid with that look he had.
    However, some enjoyable old days out following the team under his management.
    RIP .

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    He used to scare me rigid with that look he had.
    However, some enjoyable old days out following the team under his management.
    RIP .
    I was fined 2 weeks wages and suspended for the same amount of time for having a glass of lemonade outside a pub while on tour at Keele university. The reason-for entering a pub.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I was in the lower grandstand to the right side of the Home dug out. Frank was going ballistic at the lack of performance as we were attacking towards the Grange End and took off his cap/hat and threw it to the ground with some degree of violence.

A chap sat in front of me near the wall leaned over the wall and offered Frank his hat and invited Frank to throw it as well. The look he gave would have melted steel. It was so intense I’m sure the guy peed his self

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I was in the lower grandstand to the right side of the Home dug out. Frank was going ballistic at the lack of performance as we were attacking towards the Grange End and took off his cap/hat and threw it to the ground with some degree of violence.

A chap sat in front of me near the wall leaned over the wall and offered Frank his hat and invited Frank to throw it as well. The look he gave would have melted steel. It was so intense I’m sure the guy peed his self
    He had false teeth due to getting elbowed and head clashes during his playing career. He often say to jason perry that he's not a proper centre back if he couldn't do this-Cue Frankie taking out his falsies

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Rip Frank

Minute's applause for him later.

Very sad news. Always a firm favourite of mine. Enjoyable years under Frankie.

Sad news.
    Whether we had a crap game or put in the performance of the season, he was always worth listening to.

Proper football bloke wasn’t he. Wasn’t he in the ‘Don Rogers’ Swindon side that embarrassed Arsenal in the League Cup Final, I’m sure he was.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Blue & White Army if I recall, RIP Frankie
    It used to switch between the two.
    Brilliant chant that went in and on and on…

Also he’d always say in the program ‘have a safe journey home’

Hope he’s up there now screaming at some slacking striker with his flat cap on.

That 88/89 season was the first I’d really seen home and away with real success - great memories, but actually if I was asked about it I’d remember Frankie before any of the players