+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Franky Burrows

Re: RIP Franky Burrows

RIP Frankie. Great memories of his time with us.

First manager i really remember. I was 11 when he was in charge in 98. Just seemed like a proper football man. Always imagined that if the team had got smashed, but you'd done your job he'd have your back. But by the same token, I think he'd have happily torn strips out of a lazy fecker even if the team had won.

He had a real eye for quality aswell . Brought in Mark Delaney from the Welsh leagues. Got Super Kevin Nugent playing well, real quality on the ball big lad up front. Matthew Brazier on loan, real touch of class. Bowen and Leggy from brum! 2 of my favourite players.

John Williams 'the flying postman ' . Hardly a goal through most of his career. But he said 'he'd walk through broken glass to play for burrows' . And he had a cracking season for us.

2nd manager i saw at City, and by far the best in my opinion. RIP Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    RIP Frank good times following the club back then

also a mention to local baseball legend John Smith who passed away recently too for many the greatest baseball player in the 1970/80's in the Cardiff area
    Yes, RIP to John Smith, the Carrot, a giant amongst many other fantastic players of that time, facing him on the pegs was an experience. Hell of a bowler and no slouch with the bat, RIP.

I remember he used to throw his cap on the ground when he lost his rag - usually when the ref gave a decision he didn't like!