+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Four subs?

Four subs?

How did we get away with using four subs tonight? I know that it can happen, in the case of concussion, but neither player went off, following the early clash of heads. So how come we were able to use four?
    Would we have faced a points deduction, if we'd won or drawn the game?

Re: Four subs?

One of their subs was for concussion so both teams get 4

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    One of their subs was for concussion so both teams get 4
    I’ve been frantically searching the internet for the rules and according to this article you can make 5 https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/f...ading-20713931 others though say only 3

So what are the rules?

Didn’t seem like the ref added enough time on either.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Didn’t seem like the ref added enough time on either.
    He made all the right gestures, tapping his watch, shaking his head etc. As well as their time wasting there were 8 substitutions as well weren’t there? Saying that, would we have scored had an hour been added on? Collins miss summed the night up.

The referee was poor and no friend of football.
    He allowed Hull to waste as much time as they could at every opportunity and the referee could have added ten minutes on and nobody could have complained.

Their number 4 in the second half sitting down a yard from the byline.
    Eventually goes off and sprints back on after protesting he should be let on earlier...
    I thought the ball had to go out of play before he was allowed back on

There was a time when the ref would assess the situation and tell him to get off the pitch to receive attention.
    We all knew the guy wasn't injured to the point where he couldn't go down off the field.

I also remember when an opposition player would get behind him and drag him off. Rightly so IMO.

I understand you protect what you have but some teams, as Hull did last night, take the piss and they are being allowed to get away with it.

These officials are killing the game.

There were also several instances where the player threw the ball away and he did nothing. It was as if he opted not to enforce some of the laws of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Their number 4 in the second half sitting down a yard from the byline.
    Eventually goes off and sprints back on after protesting he should be let on earlier...
    I thought the ball had to go out of play before he was allowed back on

There was a time when the ref would assess the situation and tell him to get off the pitch to receive attention.
    We all knew the guy wasn't injured to the point where he couldn't go down off the field.
    It looked for a minute like we might score when he was off the pitch as well, would have been absolutely glorious