+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McCarthy revisited as miserable Cardiff go down at home yet again against relegation rivals.

McCarthy revisited as miserable Cardiff go down at home yet again against relegation rivals.

Nine wins from nine for under 23s and former manager Frank Burrows passes away.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: McCarthy revisited as miserable Cardiff go down at home yet again against relegation rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nine wins from nine for under 23s and former manager Frank Burrows passes away.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Great article and echoes my view of last night's game - any offers for bacuna vaulks and pack even its just to take them off the books has to be taken in January - they offer nothing - recall wintle hope that sang bowen and Ralls can stay fit plus maybe one loan and those are better options than what we saw last night

Morison querying the stick bacuna got when he was substituted claiming "he is a really really good player" - what has he seen to justify that statement - he offers nothing at all and my heart sinks when I see his name on the team sheet.

Vaulks and Pack spend more time pointing at other people and waving their arms about than getting on with playing football

We need leaders on that pitch and none of the senior players are standing up and they are letting down the younger players down who are the only ones playing with their head up and trying to create

As an aside I though Ng was superb last night especially going forward after a bit of a shocker on Saturday

Re: McCarthy revisited as miserable Cardiff go down at home yet again against relegation rivals.

Good piece as always. I was still shaking my head long after leaving the ground as to what the assistant was looking at to not see Flint's shirt a good 3 feet away from his body in the Hull player's hands....twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Great article and echoes my view of last night's game - any offers for bacuna vaulks and pack even its just to take them off the books has to be taken in January - they offer nothing - recall wintle hope that sang bowen and Ralls can stay fit plus maybe one loan and those are better options than what we saw last night

Morison querying the stick bacuna got when he was substituted claiming "he is a really really good player" - what has he seen to justify that statement - he offers nothing at all and my heart sinks when I see his name on the team sheet.

Vaulks and Pack spend more time pointing at other people and waving their arms about than getting on with playing football

We need leaders on that pitch and none of the senior players are standing up and they are letting down the younger players down who are the only ones playing with their head up and trying to create

As an aside I though Ng was superb last night especially going forward after a bit of a shocker on Saturday
    I've never liked Vaulks, Pack, and Bacuna along with Nelson. All four of them were very bad buys by Warnock. They just aren't up to a decent standard of football in the Championship. I'm hoping all four, especially the first three named players, will be replaced in the January window. We desperately need better if we are to climb the table.

Shocked to read Morison’s quotes today. He’s basically admitting that the game plan is to do absolutely nothing in the first half other than not concede (which they fail to do week in week out). Here’s your answer to the first half goal enigma. Any hope I had about him has evaporated.

The new manager "bounce" usually lasts 3 or 4 games - and it appears we are back where we have been all season. Unable to score in the first 45 and then run around with a bit more purpose in the second half. Opposing teams have in the main sussed us out totally, Huddersfield should have been out of sight when we finally started playing. Hull are a very ordinary side and will have gone back to Humberside feeing very pleased to have got three points from a game most CCFC fans were expecting to win.

The crowd with all the offers on for cheap tickets was disappointing but reflects the level of interest in the club..

Thank heavens two of our relegation rivals have had point deductions - otherwise the table would be looking far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I've never liked Vaulks, Pack, and Bacuna along with Nelson. All four of them were very bad buys by Warnock. They just aren't up to a decent standard of football in the Championship. I'm hoping all four, especially the first three named players, will be replaced in the January window. We desperately need better if we are to climb the table.
    Totally agree. I personally hope we never see any of that quartet in a City shirt ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    The new manager "bounce" usually lasts 3 or 4 games - and it appears we are back where we have been all season. Unable to score in the first 45 and then run around with a bit more purpose in the second half. Opposing teams have in the main sussed us out totally, Huddersfield should have been out of sight when we finally started playing. Hull are a very ordinary side and will have gone back to Humberside feeing very pleased to have got three points from a game most CCFC fans were expecting to win.

The crowd with all the offers on for cheap tickets was disappointing but reflects the level of interest in the club..

Thank heavens two of our relegation rivals have had point deductions - otherwise the table would be looking far worse.
    You fail to acknowledge that the style of possession based and passing football that we are now trying to implement is totally different to that which came before under MM, Neil Harris and Warnock. Young players need encouragement and the whole team needs the fans support, so what Morrison said after the game was correct. Booing the team and individual players off does no good at all. We are definitely a work in progress and to state that ‘we are back where we have been all season’ is a total misrepresentation of the situation. On the second half performance we deserved to win and with a stronger ref and linesman who could see what he was doing, probably would have done. There were at least two nailed on penalties and how there was only 4 minutes added time at the end is beyond me, bearing in mind there were 8 subs and at least two stoppages of around two minutes each. One of their players refused to go off the pitch when he went down half a yard from the goal line, with no one anyone near him, and the ref let him get away with it and be treated on the pitch. Only for him to get up and jog around the touchline, followed by a thirty yard run at full pelt when he came back on.

The media continue to lump praise on Keiffer Moore, whether it's City or Wales, but whilst there's no doubting his abilities, City do have a problem when he's playing in that their attacking options are reduced, especially later in games when we're chasing a goal, the opposing defence have shut him out, and things are a lot tighter up front. Personally I would have played Isaak Davies in the 2nd half - balls into Moore and Collins weren't going to work..

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post

I have to say I found it strange the club decided to put on those offers for a Wednesday night game against a fellow relegation fighting side. Really poor decision imo, surely you do that for a Saturday game where you'd be more likely to get a walk up?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The media continue to lump praise on Keiffer Moore, whether it's City or Wales, but whilst there's no doubting his abilities, City do have a problem when he's playing in that their attacking options are reduced, especially later in games when we're chasing a goal, the opposing defence have shut him out, and things are a lot tighter up front. Personally I would have played Isaak Davies in the 2nd half - balls into Moore and Collins weren't going to work..
    I agree on Davies, he shouldn't have come off

Moore didn't look fit to me and going with 2 big men halted any attacking momentum we'd built up

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I agree on Davies, he shouldn't have come off

Moore didn't look fit to me and going with 2 big men halted any attacking momentum we'd built up
    And with Huddleston winning every aerial duel when he came on. Might have been better to move Davies inside a touch to turn him and make him run, saying that we’d have needed a midfielder to thread through passes on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    On the second half performance we deserved to win…..
    Don’t be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And with Huddleston winning every aerial duel when he came on. Might have been better to move Davies inside a touch to turn him and make him run, saying that we’d have needed a midfielder to thread through passes on the deck.
    Colwill should have been on at half time, there's no point having him on if we're just going to cross the ball into Moore/Collins

Hopefully we never see that midfield 3 again

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Don’t be silly.
    I agree, he’s being silly and forgetting the effort that Hull had when they hit the post and really should have scored. We could have nicked a point at the end but no way did that performance deserve 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Huddleston didn't break a sweat. Still a very cool player.