+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep the Faith

Re: Keep the Faith

Perhaps if had started with Ralls and Collins it may have provided a better platform for the youngsters to come on later in the game , interestingly I thought Collins kept and held the ball better than Moore .

The reality is that we as fans are going to have go through a bit of pain in order to rid ourselves of the utter dross we have witnessed on occasions over the past 4 or 5 years. We may go down and we may struggle for a while, but that's what happens when the club endorses short term fixes and only plan for one season at a time. It was obvious that our style of football would bite us on the arse at some point.

Morison may not be the man to take us forward, who knows. But he deserves some credit for attempting to right the wrongs of the last three managers and the pair of idiots at board level. He's got one hell of a job on. In my opinion he's being brave at a time where we have the weakest squad in 10 years, maybe longer. If he fails in his quest to keep us up then it wont be his fault in my opinion. It'll be down to the shitty club, owner and minions who have no clue how to implement a plan or a philosophy at the club.

I thought the booing was frustration at the poor ref and officials for numerous cock ups throughout the match. Add in 2 disallowed goals and hitting the post in the last minute I think some frustration was expected. Shortly after the whistle the players had a fairly positive reception for a painful loss. Clapped off the pitch and chants of Bluebirds.

I wonder if we'll do better away than at home over the next couple of months. A bit less pressure and fans a more patient?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I wonder if we'll do better away than at home over the next couple of months. A bit less pressure and fans a more patient?
    The away fans seem to want to support the team and help them do well, the vibe at home is that the fans DEMAND the team do what they want BRILLIANTLY and it NEEDS to happen NOW or ELSE.

Not a helpful atmosphere for a team low on confidence that's trying to change the way it plays

Problem is we have a lot of fans who want it now. Morison in fairness has had very limited options when you considers the injuries, add to that the players adapting to a new style. It takes time, if some fans think it will happen over night then they need to have a think. Even Swansea this season struggled early on scoring but it eventually clicked but that’s after years of playing that way. It will take time.

I don't buy that at all, the frustration began when the team was announced, with a midfield trio who have consistently underperformed, offer nothing going forward and let's be honest are hardly likely to be here next season
    With a midfield of say Sang Bowen and Colwill most fans would have been able to see that changes are happening and give the youngsters time and support to develop .
    Fans aren't stupid and by and large have been supportive of the appointment of Morison as head coach, but if he has any ambition of keeping the job on a permanent basis then he has to learn and learn fast.
    We're not a project where we are at the moment we're in grave danger of being relegated.
    Some if not all of the fault obviously lies with the previous manager but that doesn't excuse the players who have underperformed to the extent that we're in the mess that we are.

Davies up front might or might not work, but every fan is getting behind him as were desperate for him to succeed

What Morison has to realise is that some of the deadwood masquerading as footballers won't give a toss if he's a manager next season or not.

Without pointing the finger at individual players, but would you want to be in a battle with some of these losers on your side?

Gutless, shameless self centred individuals who have lost their bottle and appear happy to go through the motions, because whatever happens they still get their inflated pay cheque at the end of the month.
    I didn't boo at the end, but came away thinking the same as I have for the last few months
    Why do we start so slowly in the first half?
    Why wouldn't we stick with a winning side?
    Why have we got such a pedestrian midfield?
    Why wouldn't you start with Colwill at number 10 and build a team around him?
    Why keep playing 5 at the back?

I really hope that the success that the U23s have had is going to be replicated in time by the first team
    In a business that has an 18 month average life cycle for management if I was Morison I'd quickly be looking at that squad and identifying the players that I want to take the club forward and keep me in a job.
    Personally I think the fans have been superb at home still turning up and supporting the team

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I don't buy that at all, the frustration began when the team was announced, with a midfield trio who have consistently underperformed, offer nothing going forward and let's be honest are hardly likely to be here next season
    With a midfield of say Sang Bowen and Colwill most fans would have been able to see that changes are happening and give the youngsters time and support to develop .
    Fans aren't stupid and by and large have been supportive of the appointment of Morison as head coach, but if he has any ambition of keeping the job on a permanent basis then he has to learn and learn fast.
    We're not a project where we are at the moment we're in grave danger of being relegated.
    Some if not all of the fault obviously lies with the previous manager but that doesn't excuse the players who have underperformed to the extent that we're in the mess that we are.

Davies up front might or might not work, but every fan is getting behind him as were desperate for him to succeed

What Morison has to realise is that some of the deadwood masquerading as footballers won't give a toss if he's a manager next season or not.

Without pointing the finger at individual players, but would you want to be in a battle with some of these losers on your side?

Gutless, shameless self centred individuals who have lost their bottle and appear happy to go through the motions, because whatever happens they still get their inflated pay cheque at the end of the month.
    I didn't boo at the end, but came away thinking the same as I have for the last few months

I really hope that the success that the U23s have had is going to be replicated in time by the first team
    In a business that has an 18 month average life cycle for management if I was Morison I'd quickly be looking at that squad and identifying the players that I want to take the club forward and keep me in a job.
    Personally I think the fans have been superb at home still turning up and supporting the team
    100%

Nailed it

Excellent post!

Changed the midfield and not only do we start strongly but we score in the first half.
    Colwill starts and scores
    Who would have thought it?