+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We weren't going for funny or no funny originally, we were looking for what other than fat jokes offend you. You don't seem capable of answering.
    Irony alert.

Well Well

You cannot blame people for seeing that gesture and thinking Jesus christ you racist bell end

I don't believe anyone who saw that coming back and saying well I didn't want to say anything but it looked like he was doing a you got fat tits gesture 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well Well

You cannot blame people for seeing that gesture and thinking Jesus christ you racist bell end

I don't believe anyone who saw that coming back and saying well I didn't want to say anything but it looked like he was doing a you got fat tits gesture ��
    Sludge, I honestly thought that there was insifficient evidence to declare the guy guilty, the reason being that his hands cupped his chest whereas most people would move their hands under their armpits regarding primate-related gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We weren't going for funny or no funny originally, we were looking for what other than fat jokes offend you. You don't seem capable of answering.
    It's not a question that is answerable really. It could be an extensive list that, on missing one item out, will see me tagged as some sort of *ist.

Let's put it another way. There was an outcry this morning that someone was perceived to have been doing a racist gesture. Generally, the people who took offence were white football fans jumping to conclusions, and engaging the keyboard to prove they, themselves, are not racist. They were angry that this one man was making this one gesture that was offensive to a large group of people.

Then, it turns out the gesture WASN'T offensive towards that large group of people at all. However, the gesture could still be construed to be offensive to a different large group of people, some of who may actually have fallen in the original group of people. The response to the gesture offending a different group of people was "Well, that's alright then, as long as it's not the wrong type of offensive gesture".

I don't, particularly, take offence at fat jokes. If I am sat with my chubby girlfriend (her words) and a comedian makes some fat jokes, she is likely to get upset. Unless that comedian is fat, then she laughs. Strange how it works isn't it? None of it is exactly black and white. It is strange too how a gesture towards one group of people is passed off as "Well, that's alright then" by the same group of people who saw the same gesture, wrongly assumed it was towards a different group of people and were "find him, ban him, name him, shame him".

By the way, I found the gesture immature and not funny the first time I saw it. I didn't jump to the conclusions that others have because, well, there was always the possibility it wasn't what it looked like. Now that I know the gesture's intentions, I still think it is immature and not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    You are as guilty as Sludge, TLG, and a few others here of jumping to conclusions.
    You’re correct. Based on the evidence of the first video, I concluded that the guy is a racist twat. However, it turns out he’s just a twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Sludge, I honestly thought that there was insifficient evidence to declare the guy guilty, the reason being that his hands cupped his chest whereas most people would move their hands under their armpits regarding primate-related gestures.
    insufficient, that is

It's not a question that is answerable really. It could be an extensive list that, on missing one item out, will see me tagged as some sort of *ist.

Let's put it another way. There was an outcry this morning that someone was perceived to have been doing a racist gesture. Generally, the people who took offence were white football fans jumping to conclusions, and engaging the keyboard to prove they, themselves, are not racist. They were angry that this one man was making this one gesture that was offensive to a large group of people.

Then, it turns out the gesture WASN'T offensive towards that large group of people at all. However, the gesture could still be construed to be offensive to a different large group of people, some of who may actually have fallen in the original group of people. The response to the gesture offending a different group of people was "Well, that's alright then, as long as it's not the wrong type of offensive gesture".

I don't, particularly, take offence at fat jokes. If I am sat with my chubby girlfriend (her words) and a comedian makes some fat jokes, she is likely to get upset. Unless that comedian is fat, then she laughs. Strange how it works isn't it? None of it is exactly black and white. It is strange too how a gesture towards one group of people is passed off as "Well, that's alright then" by the same group of people who saw the same gesture, wrongly assumed it was towards a different group of people and were "find him, ban him, name him, shame him".

By the way, I found the gesture immature and not funny the first time I saw it. I didn't jump to the conclusions that others have because, well, there was always the possibility it wasn't what it looked like. Now that I know the gesture's intentions, I still think it is immature and not funny.
    Do you not see the difference between someone making racist monkey gestures towards a black person and someone making a “you're fat” gesture towards a professional athlete who is in the top 0.1% of the healthiest and fittest people in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Do you not see the difference between someone making racist monkey gestures towards a black person and someone making a “you're fat” gesture towards a professional athlete who is in the top 0.1% of the healthiest and fittest people in the country?
    it is a very weird hill to die on

Fat Tits Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Fat Tits Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Do you not see the difference between making a racist monkey gesture towards a white professional athlete who is in the top 0.1% (sic) of the healthiest and fittest people in the country and that could offend a significant number of people, and making a "you're fat gesture" towards a white professional athlete who is in the top 0.1% (sic) of the healthiest and fittest people in the country and that could equally offend a significant number of, admittedly, less important people? Me neither.

This is about fat tits not fat people in general. You are probably more interested in the Fat Wives Matter thread.

Do you not see the difference between making a racist monkey gesture towards a white professional athlete who is in the top 0.1% (sic) of the healthiest and fittest people in the country and that could offend a significant number of people, and making a "you're fat gesture" towards a white professional athlete who is in the top 0.1% (sic) of the healthiest and fittest people in the country and that could equally offend a significant number of, admittedly, less important people? Me neither.
    I think you need to look at the history of racism to be honest if you’re seriously making this argument.

This is about fat tits not fat people in general. You are probably more interested in the Fat Wives Matter thread.
    Quite right, looks like I was on the virtue signalling thread all along. Stone the crows!

I think you need to look at the history of racism to be honest if you’re seriously making this argument.
    Oh, so it's only racist gestures that we need to worry about. That will explain why so many gay footballers have gone public. The point I am making is it is distinctly hypocritical for people to get offended about one type of gesture, and to pass off the same gesture (with context) as "one of those things".

Perhaps you could run a course for people?

Oh, so it's only racist gestures that we need to worry about. That will explain why so many gay footballers have gone public. The point I am making is it is distinctly hypocritical for people to get offended about one type of gesture, and to pass off the same gesture (with context) as "one of those things".
    I think suggesting that many gay footballers will choose to stay in the closet because someone said that a Hull player had fat tits is a stretch to be honest

so what's your point here?
    that everyone should be up in arms about this guy saying that a football player had fat tits, or that we all shouldn't have been bothered when we all thought it was overt racism?

you either want this guy banned from the club for fat titism, or are happy to see people make racist gestures?

The group of players he made the gesture towards had black players in it. Are you really trying to argue that had he made a monkey gesture it would’ve been towards specifically the white person?

This thread could be out of a Monty Python sketch lol 😂

Stone the Gays
    No I said he’s a racist
    Stone the racist
    No he’s got Fat Tits
    Stone everyone with Fat Tits 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's hard to tell though if I've entered the arguement room or the abuse room?

At least we've got that off our chests.

Stone the Gays
    No I said he’s a racist
    Stone the racist
    No he’s got Fat Tits
    Stone everyone with Fat Tits ��