+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

Feedback

Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    surely not wanting to appear racist is a good thing? I'm glad these days most people are aware they need to choose their words carefully when talking about sensitive subjects.
    its the knee jerk response that follows from many on here if you don't immediately denounce what they perceive to be racist/sexist/bigotry.

Q What do you call a Welshman with a stick up his arse?

A Taffy apple

You may think that's racist, I can't see how it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    its the knee jerk response that follows from many on here if you don't immediately denounce what they perceive to be racist/sexist/bigotry.

A Taffy apple

That's downright apple-ist, old fruit.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    so what's your point here?
    that everyone should be up in arms about this guy saying that a football player had fat tits, or that we all shouldn't have been bothered when we all thought it was overt racism?

you either want this guy banned from the club for fat titism, or are happy to see people make racist gestures?
    i do feel there are shades of grey inbetween the black and white you portray.

what is being said is that many on here are hypocritical calling for a fan to be banned for abusing one demographic but then passing off the same abuse as high jinks when its shown to have been targeting another altogether demographic.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That's downright apple-ist, old fruit.
    finally, the moniker fits.

i do feel there are shades of grey inbetween the black and white you portray.

what is being said is that many on here are hypocritical calling for a fan to be banned for abusing one demographic but then passing off the same abuse as high jinks when its shown to have been targeting another altogether demographic.
    How the **** is it hypocritical for thinking someone should be banned for being racist but not for saying something about a man's fat tits

A Taffy apple

It isn't racist, hope that helps

A Taffy apple

The response to your faux pas regarding the turban song was lengthened not by people joining the fray but by your ridiculous ego not accepting that you were stupid and insensitive to try and say what's racist about that song ? You were enlightened as to why it was racist but still spent a day squirming your way around .

You didnt perceive the song to be racist but it is .

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Indeed , it isn't racist

Ignorant maybe , at a push 🤔

Fat Tits Matter
    What about Bell Ends and Twats it seems those names are okay for use by the purists ?? 😂

I’m partial to a fat tit, not on a Hull City player I might add though. If it’s two fat tits I’m in

Feedback

It isn't, but some have taken umbrage with it.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The response to your faux pas regarding the turban song was lengthened not by people joining the fray but by your ridiculous ego not accepting that you were stupid and insensitive to try and say what's racist about that song ? You were enlightened as to why it was racist but still spent a day squirming your way around .

You didnt perceive the song to be racist but it is .
    Back to the turban song...as always you just want to shout down whoever you think is wrong (in this case the racist) without asking them to explain their thought processes.

Why not ask the question why the song isn't racist and see if that can be answered? Why not try to get them to think rather than adopt an entrenched position in which they think its now a legitimate battle.

If you're going to persuade people their actions or thinking are wrong, you do that by selling your idea, not forcing it upon them

Think the wind and the sun in aesops fable. Read about Daryl Davies and how his approach to fighting racism (and other forms of bigotry) achieves stellar results.

Edit: the lord lieutenant of London called it right regarding tackling racism. Some people use words that are clearly benign in intention but are labelled racists. It stifles any kind of discussion or debate

Feedback

Indeed , it isn't racist

Ignorant maybe , at a push 🤔
    Ignorant of what, it's no more than a play on words

It isn't, but some have taken umbrage with it.
    People take umbrage with lots of things it shouldn’t be used to weaken the arguments against things that deserve it though

Feedback

People take umbrage with lots of things it shouldn’t be used to weaken the arguments against things that deserve it though
    Agreed

Back to the turban song...as always you just want to shout down whoever you think is wrong (in this case the racist) without asking them to explain their thought processes.

Why not ask the question why the song isn't racist and see if that can be answered? Why not try to get them to think rather than adopt an entrenched position in which they think its now a legitimate battle.

If you're going to persuade people their actions or thinking are wrong, you do that by selling your idea, not forcing it upon them

Think the wind and the sun in aesops fable. Read about Daryl Davies and how his approach to fighting racism (and other forms of bigotry) achieves stellar results.

Edit: the lord lieutenant of London called it right regarding tackling racism. Some people use words that are clearly benign in intention but are labelled racists. It stifles any kind of discussion or debate
    The turban song is racist as it comes

I think you know that of course it is

And you were given an explanation as to why by loads of people on that record breaking thread

Rather than accept that you keep bleating like a lamb because your ego won't allow you to be wrong

Feck knows what happens when a doctor tells you it's bad news we have to take your kidney out

I feel sorry for the fecker , you will be arguing you are right despite overwhelming evidence that you are wrong till they shut the coffin

Clear the area !

Feedback

The turban song is racist as it comes

I think you know that of course it is

And you were given an explanation as to why by loads of people on that record breaking thread

Rather than accept that you keep bleating like a lamb because your ego won't allow you to be wrong

Feck knows what happens when a doctor tells you it's bad news we have to take your kidney out

I feel sorry for the fecker , you will be arguing you are right despite overwhelming evidence that you are wrong till they shut the coffin

Clear the area !
    You clearly missed the bit where I articulated my opinion that you don't beat racists by telling them they're wrong, but by asking them why they think they are right and why do they think the way they do.

You just want to shout at those you don't like, but that approach never works

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    The group of players he made the gesture towards had black players in it. Are you really trying to argue that had he made a monkey gesture it would’ve been towards specifically the white person?
    But the player he was fat shaming was white.

How the **** is it hypocritical for thinking someone should be banned for being racist but not for saying something about a man's fat tits
    Hang on, so are you saying that if a fan makes a stupid gesture to a player with big tits, that is an insult to just that person singularly? If that is the case then a man making a similarly stupid gesture towards a black man is surely an insult to just that person singularly - by your very definition. At least try to be consistent. I am being completely consistent in pointing out that, whether the gesture had racist intentions, or fat shaming intentions then either way it was an act of hatred making fun of someone because of their physical appearance. The fact the gesture was made to one player doesn't preclude the possibility that some people in one or other of the demographics may be upset, hurt, or shamed when watching it.

On the other hand, others here seem relieved that this man was mocking overweight people rather than black people. In a perverse world, this seems to be entirely explainable and not hypocritical at all.

You're a hypocrite mate and, I'd wager that if we went forward 10 years and fat shaming was more of an issue that people scorned, you'd be jumping on that bandwagon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Hang on, so are you saying that if a fan makes a stupid gesture to a player with big tits, that is an insult to just that person singularly? If that is the case then a man making a similarly stupid gesture towards a black man is surely an insult to just that person singularly - by your very definition. At least try to be consistent. I am being completely consistent in pointing out that, whether the gesture had racist intentions, or fat shaming intentions then either way it was an act of hatred making fun of someone because of their physical appearance. The fact the gesture was made to one player doesn't preclude the possibility that some people in one or other of the demographics may be upset, hurt, or shamed when watching it.

On the other hand, others here seem relieved that this man was mocking overweight people rather than black people. In a perverse world, this seems to be entirely explainable and not hypocritical at all.

You're a hypocrite mate and, I'd wager that if we went forward 10 years and fat shaming was more of an issue that people scorned, you'd be jumping on that bandwagon too.
    so you say it is hypocrisy that people were appalled by what they thought was racist abuse, but not that bothered when they found out it was body shaming.

if you think people should treat those two things in the same way, which reaction do you think should have applied to both? being appalled or being not interested?

Go have a burger ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I find it best to hang fire sometimes.......
    Exactly
    The pitchforks were out pretty quickly.
    Shows the need for proof being branding people on my clip at one angle

International

Hello Jirga

For consistency then, do you feel the Kev McN song is an act of hatred towards people who might be self-conscious about their silver/grey hair?

You clearly missed the bit where I articulated my opinion that you don't beat racists by telling them they're wrong, but by asking them why they think they are right and why do they think the way they do.

You just want to shout at those you don't like, but that approach never works
    100% and can change racism for any other subject.