+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 120

Thread: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

  1. #81

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    its the knee jerk response that follows from many on here if you don't immediately denounce what they perceive to be racist/sexist/bigotry.

    Q What do you call a Welshman with a stick up his arse?

    A Taffy apple

    You may think that's racist, I can't see how it could be.
    It isn't racist, hope that helps

  2. #82

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    its the knee jerk response that follows from many on here if you don't immediately denounce what they perceive to be racist/sexist/bigotry.

    Q What do you call a Welshman with a stick up his arse?

    A Taffy apple

    You may think that's racist, I can't see how it could be.
    The response to your faux pas regarding the turban song was lengthened not by people joining the fray but by your ridiculous ego not accepting that you were stupid and insensitive to try and say what's racist about that song ? You were enlightened as to why it was racist but still spent a day squirming your way around .

    You didnt perceive the song to be racist but it is .

  3. #83

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It isn't racist, hope that helps
    Indeed , it isn't racist

    Ignorant maybe , at a push 🤔

  4. #84

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Fat Tits Matter
    What about Bell Ends and Twats it seems those names are okay for use by the purists ?? 😂

  5. #85

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    I’m partial to a fat tit, not on a Hull City player I might add though. If it’s two fat tits I’m in

  6. #86

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It isn't racist, hope that helps
    It isn't, but some have taken umbrage with it.

  7. #87

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The response to your faux pas regarding the turban song was lengthened not by people joining the fray but by your ridiculous ego not accepting that you were stupid and insensitive to try and say what's racist about that song ? You were enlightened as to why it was racist but still spent a day squirming your way around .

    You didnt perceive the song to be racist but it is .
    Back to the turban song...as always you just want to shout down whoever you think is wrong (in this case the racist) without asking them to explain their thought processes.

    Why not ask the question why the song isn't racist and see if that can be answered? Why not try to get them to think rather than adopt an entrenched position in which they think its now a legitimate battle.

    If you're going to persuade people their actions or thinking are wrong, you do that by selling your idea, not forcing it upon them

    Think the wind and the sun in aesops fable. Read about Daryl Davies and how his approach to fighting racism (and other forms of bigotry) achieves stellar results.

    Edit: the lord lieutenant of London called it right regarding tackling racism. Some people use words that are clearly benign in intention but are labelled racists. It stifles any kind of discussion or debate

  8. #88

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Indeed , it isn't racist

    Ignorant maybe , at a push 🤔
    Ignorant of what, it's no more than a play on words

  9. #89

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    It isn't, but some have taken umbrage with it.
    People take umbrage with lots of things it shouldn’t be used to weaken the arguments against things that deserve it though

  10. #90

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    People take umbrage with lots of things it shouldn’t be used to weaken the arguments against things that deserve it though
    Agreed

  11. #91

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Back to the turban song...as always you just want to shout down whoever you think is wrong (in this case the racist) without asking them to explain their thought processes.

    Why not ask the question why the song isn't racist and see if that can be answered? Why not try to get them to think rather than adopt an entrenched position in which they think its now a legitimate battle.

    If you're going to persuade people their actions or thinking are wrong, you do that by selling your idea, not forcing it upon them

    Think the wind and the sun in aesops fable. Read about Daryl Davies and how his approach to fighting racism (and other forms of bigotry) achieves stellar results.

    Edit: the lord lieutenant of London called it right regarding tackling racism. Some people use words that are clearly benign in intention but are labelled racists. It stifles any kind of discussion or debate
    The turban song is racist as it comes

    I think you know that of course it is

    And you were given an explanation as to why by loads of people on that record breaking thread

    Rather than accept that you keep bleating like a lamb because your ego won't allow you to be wrong

    Feck knows what happens when a doctor tells you it's bad news we have to take your kidney out

    I feel sorry for the fecker , you will be arguing you are right despite overwhelming evidence that you are wrong till they shut the coffin

    Clear the area !

  12. #92

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The turban song is racist as it comes

    I think you know that of course it is

    And you were given an explanation as to why by loads of people on that record breaking thread

    Rather than accept that you keep bleating like a lamb because your ego won't allow you to be wrong

    Feck knows what happens when a doctor tells you it's bad news we have to take your kidney out

    I feel sorry for the fecker , you will be arguing you are right despite overwhelming evidence that you are wrong till they shut the coffin

    Clear the area !
    You clearly missed the bit where I articulated my opinion that you don't beat racists by telling them they're wrong, but by asking them why they think they are right and why do they think the way they do.

    You just want to shout at those you don't like, but that approach never works

  13. #93

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    The group of players he made the gesture towards had black players in it. Are you really trying to argue that had he made a monkey gesture it would’ve been towards specifically the white person?
    But the player he was fat shaming was white.

  14. #94

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How the **** is it hypocritical for thinking someone should be banned for being racist but not for saying something about a man's fat tits
    Hang on, so are you saying that if a fan makes a stupid gesture to a player with big tits, that is an insult to just that person singularly? If that is the case then a man making a similarly stupid gesture towards a black man is surely an insult to just that person singularly - by your very definition. At least try to be consistent. I am being completely consistent in pointing out that, whether the gesture had racist intentions, or fat shaming intentions then either way it was an act of hatred making fun of someone because of their physical appearance. The fact the gesture was made to one player doesn't preclude the possibility that some people in one or other of the demographics may be upset, hurt, or shamed when watching it.

    On the other hand, others here seem relieved that this man was mocking overweight people rather than black people. In a perverse world, this seems to be entirely explainable and not hypocritical at all.

    You're a hypocrite mate and, I'd wager that if we went forward 10 years and fat shaming was more of an issue that people scorned, you'd be jumping on that bandwagon too.

  15. #95

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Hang on, so are you saying that if a fan makes a stupid gesture to a player with big tits, that is an insult to just that person singularly? If that is the case then a man making a similarly stupid gesture towards a black man is surely an insult to just that person singularly - by your very definition. At least try to be consistent. I am being completely consistent in pointing out that, whether the gesture had racist intentions, or fat shaming intentions then either way it was an act of hatred making fun of someone because of their physical appearance. The fact the gesture was made to one player doesn't preclude the possibility that some people in one or other of the demographics may be upset, hurt, or shamed when watching it.

    On the other hand, others here seem relieved that this man was mocking overweight people rather than black people. In a perverse world, this seems to be entirely explainable and not hypocritical at all.

    You're a hypocrite mate and, I'd wager that if we went forward 10 years and fat shaming was more of an issue that people scorned, you'd be jumping on that bandwagon too.
    so you say it is hypocrisy that people were appalled by what they thought was racist abuse, but not that bothered when they found out it was body shaming.

    if you think people should treat those two things in the same way, which reaction do you think should have applied to both? being appalled or being not interested?

  16. #96

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Hang on, so are you saying that if a fan makes a stupid gesture to a player with big tits, that is an insult to just that person singularly? If that is the case then a man making a similarly stupid gesture towards a black man is surely an insult to just that person singularly - by your very definition. At least try to be consistent. I am being completely consistent in pointing out that, whether the gesture had racist intentions, or fat shaming intentions then either way it was an act of hatred making fun of someone because of their physical appearance. The fact the gesture was made to one player doesn't preclude the possibility that some people in one or other of the demographics may be upset, hurt, or shamed when watching it.

    On the other hand, others here seem relieved that this man was mocking overweight people rather than black people. In a perverse world, this seems to be entirely explainable and not hypocritical at all.

    You're a hypocrite mate and, I'd wager that if we went forward 10 years and fat shaming was more of an issue that people scorned, you'd be jumping on that bandwagon too.
    Go have a burger ffs

  17. #97

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I find it best to hang fire sometimes.......
    Exactly
    The pitchforks were out pretty quickly.
    Shows the need for proof being branding people on my clip at one angle

  18. #98
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,733

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Hang on, so are you saying that if a fan makes a stupid gesture to a player with big tits, that is an insult to just that person singularly? If that is the case then a man making a similarly stupid gesture towards a black man is surely an insult to just that person singularly - by your very definition. At least try to be consistent. I am being completely consistent in pointing out that, whether the gesture had racist intentions, or fat shaming intentions then either way it was an act of hatred making fun of someone because of their physical appearance. The fact the gesture was made to one player doesn't preclude the possibility that some people in one or other of the demographics may be upset, hurt, or shamed when watching it.

    On the other hand, others here seem relieved that this man was mocking overweight people rather than black people. In a perverse world, this seems to be entirely explainable and not hypocritical at all.

    You're a hypocrite mate and, I'd wager that if we went forward 10 years and fat shaming was more of an issue that people scorned, you'd be jumping on that bandwagon too.
    Hello Jirga

  19. #99

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Hang on, so are you saying that if a fan makes a stupid gesture to a player with big tits, that is an insult to just that person singularly? If that is the case then a man making a similarly stupid gesture towards a black man is surely an insult to just that person singularly - by your very definition. At least try to be consistent. I am being completely consistent in pointing out that, whether the gesture had racist intentions, or fat shaming intentions then either way it was an act of hatred making fun of someone because of their physical appearance. The fact the gesture was made to one player doesn't preclude the possibility that some people in one or other of the demographics may be upset, hurt, or shamed when watching it.

    On the other hand, others here seem relieved that this man was mocking overweight people rather than black people. In a perverse world, this seems to be entirely explainable and not hypocritical at all.

    You're a hypocrite mate and, I'd wager that if we went forward 10 years and fat shaming was more of an issue that people scorned, you'd be jumping on that bandwagon too.
    For consistency then, do you feel the Kev McN song is an act of hatred towards people who might be self-conscious about their silver/grey hair?

  20. #100

    Re: Possible racist gesture from Cardiff fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    You clearly missed the bit where I articulated my opinion that you don't beat racists by telling them they're wrong, but by asking them why they think they are right and why do they think the way they do.

    You just want to shout at those you don't like, but that approach never works
    100% and can change racism for any other subject.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •