+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: LUTON TOWN 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    When we was winning at the start of the season people were begging for him to sign

Then when the going got tough people saying actually how really poor he was.

I agree I really like Giles, but shows how much a bit of confidence, the right team setup and being played in your natural position changes how well you do
    Agreed, he blows a bit hot and cold but most 21 year olds do unless they're the very best

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Great ball for the winner. I really like Giles.
    The times I've seen us Giles has been superb for us this season and on the rare occasions that we do manage to produce some good play he is invariably involved in them.

I'd stick my neck out and say he's put in equally good performances in the short space of time he's been here as Harry Wilson when he was with us.

That cross for Morrison's winner was top drawer.

Cameron Jerome has scored in his last five appearances against us. Nathan Jones kept him on the bench today.

When we was winning at the start of the season people were begging for him to sign

I agree I really like Giles, but shows how much a bit of confidence, the right team setup and being played in your natural position changes how well you do
    People need to realise that he's a young play that's still learning.

Nathan Jones reaction:

Hes quick, he carried out his defensive duties really well and he’s involved in so many of our goals. When I’ve watched him at CCS I wish he would go try going past his man more cos he leaves them for dead.

Also have to say, Colwill is the business ain’t he? He’s having a superb debut season. I wanna see him and Isaak on the pitch together more. If they’re good enough, they’re old enough. The future is very exciting IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Nathan Jones reaction:

Christ he's on ecstasy

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Christ he's on ecstasy
    Definitely comes across like someone who would start an argument in an empty room.

Would fit in well on here.

Well done for responding Morison and City.

Nice to see NG get an assist as well, if he could get some confidence which he has clearly been lacking under MM then we would have a much better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Definitely comes across like someone who would start an argument in an empty room.

🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cameron Jerome has scored in his last five appearances against us. Nathan Jones kept him on the bench today.
    Felt sure that Jerome would start. Pleased when he didnt put in an appearance even as sub.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Nice to see NG get an assist as well, if he could get some confidence which he has clearly been lacking under MM then we would have a much better shape.
    He's been much improved the last few games. Hopefully he can get back to his best from last season.

I haven't seen any of the game today apart from the highlights posted in this thread, so I was wondering how our back five performed with Morrison in the team? We're not keeping clean sheets playing three centre-backs, so could we be better off switching to a back four with a midfielder sitting just in front of the two centre-backs?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I haven't seen any of the game today apart from the highlights posted in this thread, so I was wondering how our back five performed with Morrison in the team? We're not keeping clean sheets playing three centre-backs, so could we be better off switching to a back four with a midfielder sitting just in front of the two centre-backs?
    Wing backs played quite well, but NG got beat a few times by their LB Naismith. Thought Nelson was awful, Morisson passing very poor. McGuinness made a huge mistake first half and Morisson had to bail him out and take a yellow.

Could tell their goal was coming. Sustained period of 10 minutes pressure and every clearance was hoofed letting them come straight back.

We won but poor defensively again imo

From Cardiff City TV

I think we'd certainly get more out of Pack that way. Sitting midfielder seems to be his best position

Jeepers...what a poor and uninspiring interview...glad he never came here....this should be in response to Nathan Jones interview!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I think we'd certainly get more out of Pack that way. Sitting midfielder seems to be his best position
    that's basically what he's doing in a 3-4-3 / 3-5-2

we don't play with a back 5
    we have a back 3

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

But it’s honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we don't play with a back 5
    we have a back 3
    We have a back five when we're defending.

We have a back five when we're defending.
    it isn't a back 5.
    pack sits significantly deeper than Giles or Ng, but that doesn't make it a back 6 does it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9CQIqaLrdsE
    Plenty of City fans enjoying themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9CQIqaLrdsE
    Plenty of City fans enjoying themselves here.
    Love that.
    At the end, is that Morison or Warnock?