+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: LUTON TOWN 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 View Post
    Wing backs played quite well, but NG got beat a few times by their LB Naismith. Thought Nelson was awful, Morisson passing very poor. McGuinness made a huge mistake first half and Morisson had to bail him out and take a yellow.

Could tell their goal was coming. Sustained period of 10 minutes pressure and every clearance was hoofed letting them come straight back.

We won but poor defensively again imo
    With that summary, how the hell did we manage to win and only let in one goal. You must have been watching a different game to everyone else on here. Your cup is definitely half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Love that.
    At the end, is that Morison or Warnock?
    Morison definately enjoys our wins and has far more empathy with the fans than MM. Let's hope for a big turnout v Brum away (after 3 points and no booing against the Blades). Must be so frustrating for Morison (and the team) to hear boos after a home loss.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I think we'd certainly get more out of Pack that way. Sitting midfielder seems to be his best position
    Pack is no quarter back. Poor passing, often under hit. Half the problem is he drops too deep and leave acres of space in the middle.

The centre backs need to step up when we have the ball, bring it forward when they have it. Passing the ball to Pack so deep effectively takes a passing option out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    With that summary, how the hell did we manage to win and only let in one goal. You must have been watching a different game to everyone else on here. Your cup is definitely half empty.
    No, it isn't.

We managed to win because our wing banks NG and Gilo played quite well and delivered some quality crosses into the Luton box.

What I said was my take on a direct question about our back 3, not our overall performance..... Nelson is a liability and his passing is horrendous, Mozza still hoofs it more than anyone, and McGuiness is raw and mistake prone, just like any youngster learning the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Pack is no quarter back. Poor passing, often under hit. Half the problem is he drops too deep and leave acres of space in the middle.

The centre backs need to step up when we have the ball, bring it forward when they have it. Passing the ball to Pack so deep effectively takes a passing option out of the game.
    Watching on Wednesday I noted he wanted forward movement and on a few occasions was instruction players to take up forward positions to enable those needed forward passes , he in turn had to supply q squarer or backward pass in the absence of those runs before completely judging Pack on his movement and passing I'd like to see more invention up front .

Wing backs played quite well, but NG got beat a few times by their LB Naismith. Thought Nelson was awful, Morisson passing very poor. McGuinness made a huge mistake first half and Morisson had to bail him out and take a yellow.

Could tell their goal was coming. Sustained period of 10 minutes pressure and every clearance was hoofed letting them come straight back.

We won but poor defensively again imo
    The Morrison/Morison conundrum has got to you hasn’t it

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The Morrison/Morison conundrum has got to you hasn’t it
    Yeah, I've had a mare here - Morrison lol

Yeah, I've had a mare here - Morrison lol
    You’re rright there

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Quite.

The only parts that are close to what happened are that Nelson was at fault for their goal which HAD been coming (and everyone could see it apart from Morison, it seems.)

I don’t agree with anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Definitely comes across like someone who would start an argument in an empty room.

Would fit in well on here.
    Weird bloke. I quite like him though. Very honest.