+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why wouldn’t Asylum Seekers….

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why wouldn’t Asylum Seekers….

If you already have family here I completely get it Lardy- but if you don’t then the question still stands.
    Why
    Is France a worse place to live than the Uk?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    If you already have family here I completely get it Lardy- but if you don’t then the question still stands.
    Why
    It's probably worse if you speak English not French and have paid someone to take you to the UK.

You asked why they would risk death, and why would anyone risk death unless they had very compelling reasons to do so? I expect that none of us could ever relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Why
    they could become French citizens get a job and come over and see family / friends if needed

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    they could become French citizens get a job and come over and see family / friends if needed
    Or become British residents having had an asylum claim processed and accepted, as per their human rights. 48% of asylum claims were rejected in 2019, by the way. In 2004, it was 88%. Tories are soft on this, despite all their pontificating.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    They could indeed, the silly sausages.

They could go to the coast (or city, both are nice), get themselves a good job, enjoy the restaurants and Thierry Henry accents, perhaps watch a bit of rugby on the weekend, save up and then spend their holidays visiting their friends and family if they need to.

And instead they're all risking death! Unbelievable really!