+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why wouldn’t Asylum Seekers….

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why wouldn’t Asylum Seekers….

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    copious amounts of waffle
    3 words. Black lives matter. This should be about reaching out to the black community to show that racism towards black people from white people is not tolerable.

I'd happily continue the theme and say Gay lives matter, reaching out to the gay community to show that abuse towards gay people is unacceptable. I'm saying this as a straight, white male.

You seem to think this creates sects.

You obviously prefer a vacuous, rhetorical statement which does piss all to acknowledge the abuse dished out to others. If I racially abused someone and went back to apologies and said all lives matter, I'd get punched.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    3 words. Black lives matter. This should be about reaching out to the black community to show that racism towards black people from white people is not tolerable.

I'd happily continue the theme and say Gay lives matter, reaching out to the gay community to show that abuse towards gay people is unacceptable. I'm saying this as a straight, white male.

You seem to think this creates sects.

You obviously prefer a vacuous, rhetorical statement which does piss all to acknowledge the abuse dished out to others. If I racially abused someone and went back to apologies and said all lives matter, I'd get punched.
    Eric I don't really want to get into this thread but surely the fact that All Lives Matter exists means it does create sects?

People are changing - I've said recently to someone stop being so ****ing racist. Would have I have said that a few years ago or privately just thought what a ****? Probably the latter. Let it happen organically and you'll capture more people in my opinion.

Anyway these tit-for-tat arguments are pathetic from both sides of the coin. About time this thread was locked and thrown in the politics forum (never thought i'd say that)

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Eric I don't really want to get into this thread but surely the fact that All Lives Matter exists means it does create sects?

People are changing - I've said recently to someone stop being so ****ing racist. Would have I have said that a few years ago or privately just thought what a ****? Probably the latter. Let it happen organically and you'll capture more people in my opinion.

Anyway these tit-for-tat arguments are pathetic from both sides of the coin. About time this thread was locked and thrown in the politics forum (never thought i'd say that)

Getting on my old hobby horse, I still feel that a separate Politics board is unnecessary (with the possible exception of Election time) as I feel there is often a wider discussion on the issues with people who would not normally look on the politics board having their perfectly valid two penn'orth in the argument.

Having said that if we are to have a separate board it is difficult to see why this thread is still on here. All I will say on this subject is that since I was old enough to realise these things, I have thought that racism is an evil thing which has no place on God's good earth but despite everyone's best efforts, it will still be around in the world for many, many years to come sadly.

I think pretty well all the contributors on this thread think the same thing. Unfortunately, as these things so often are, it has got sidetracked into an argument about semantics which I for one do not want to get involved with.

I think my highlighted words express my opinion clearly enough.