+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why wouldn’t Asylum Seekers….

Re: Why wouldn’t Asylum Seekers….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Bollocks….where did you get that info? Why would an Ozzie for ie want to stay here?
    Don't know what "for ie" means, but basically, it's not asylum seekers getting smuggled in who are the big problem. This might be the study that I had read, reported elsewhere:

"Unauthorized immigrants are non-EU-EFTA citizens who entered the UK without permission and have an unlikely path to permanent residency. The population also includes those who may have entered lawfully but overstayed a visa. Asylum seekers waiting for a final decision in their case are included in the unauthorized immigrant population estimates. Their future status is uncertain as rejection rates are high."

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/f...nited-kingdom/

Bollocks….where did you get that info? Why would an Ozzie for ie want to stay here?
    Of interest:
    snip - 2021-11-26T131904.755.jpg
    Source: https://assets.publishing.service.go...xit-checks.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Whilst figures are sketchy, i believe a home office report or FOI request a few years back had India, China, Australia, and America as the leading origins of undocumented people in the UK.
    Plenty of Aussies get decent jobs in London and hang in a bit longer maybe to earn a wedge but they mainly all go back, the ones I know all have anyway

Plenty of Aussies get decent jobs in London and hang in a bit longer maybe to earn a wedge but they mainly all go back, the ones I know all have anyway
    I don't know the figures about Aussies and leaving/staying but this is no argument for anything

For ie

London has loads of Aussies/Kiwis/South Africans who’ve stayed on working and live here for good. It’s not an uncommon thing at all.

Also saying “the ones I know” doesn’t help any argument. Anecdotal evidence is almost always irrelevant.

It’s highly unlikely that they got here in an overcrowded inflatable dingy either 🤔

Fecking hell , let them all in.

Many refugees do seek asylum in France (and Germany, Sweden, Denmark etc...) but some of them end up here aswell. The language and family ties will be a huge factor for the ones who go that extra step.

It's an interesting aspect of our superiority complex that we think everyone is bashing the door down to get into a British wonderland.

From Parliment's official website and the Government's official website :

The number of asylum applications to the UK peaked in 2002 at 84,132. After that the number fell sharply to reach a twenty-year low point of 17,916 in 2010, before rising again to reach 35,737 in 2019. https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...fings/sn01403/

It was 37235 in 2021 https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...-protection-to

In 2020, there were around 6 asylum applications for every 10,000 people living in the UK. Across the EU27 there were 11 asylum applications for every 10,000 people. When compared with EU countries, the UK ranked 14th out of the individual countries in terms of the number of asylum applications per capita. https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...fings/sn01403/

The reason you think there's a new crisis is because certain elements of the media and Government have decided they want you to think there's a crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    For ie

London has loads of Aussies/Kiwis/South Africans who’ve stayed on working and live here for good. It’s not an uncommon thing at all.

Also saying “the ones I know” doesn’t help any argument. Anecdotal evidence is almost always irrelevant.
    Thanks for that….not on the list are they so they aren’t the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Not take up Asylum in France??
    Saw it on the news this morning.
    The French government apparently have offered the Asylum Seekers a place of refuge which would ultimately I presume in time lead to a French Citizenship.
    I for one love France 🇫🇷
    Come on it’s got everything
    You could live rurally- near the coast or there’s City life
    The weather depending which area you choose to settle is great especially down south.
    The food is amazing and classic French cuisine is a basic requirement of any budding Chef.
    The French are mad on sport, come on there’s football- Rugby and pétanque
    Of course there’s also the accent
    Wow
    My Mrs gets wet listening to the French accent- Thierry Henry with the VaVaVoom and now the legend that is David Ginola on I’m a celebrity every night
    Bedtime has been great since last Sunday 😊
    Which takes me back to the question and the more serious situation these people find themselves in
    If you really were offered refuge in France why would you risk crossing a dangerous stretch of freezing water in an inflatable overcrowded dingy to get here??
    I just got to ask but does your missus wet her knickers over René from Allo Allo and Pepé Le Pew?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I just got to ask but does your missus wet her knickers over René from Allo Allo and Pepé Le Pew?
    What was the name of the French resistance lady ? 🤔

She had a certain charm

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What was the name of the French resistance lady ? 🤔

She had a certain charm
    At last a set of posts which gets right into the crux of the immigration issues , fully exposed in its glory .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    At last a set of posts which gets right into the crux of the immigration issues , fully exposed in its glory .
    It wasn't going anywhere

She's 69 now

Jesus

What the original post was actually being serious and not sarcastic and not stirring the shiit pot?

Fuuck me, looks like I totally misinterpreted a serious political post.

Anyway leave him answer the question.

Apparently conditions in France are appalling. Admittedly it isn’t that much better here for them but it is better.

Fecking hell , let them all in.
    I think that citizenship should be like the transfer window, but every 5 years. Every adult is reviewed and if they don't come up to scratch then they get a free transfer or a straight swap with a Moldovan or something similar. Do you think it could work, and do you think that the UK would benefit from such a scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that citizenship should be like the transfer window, but every 5 years. Every adult is reviewed and if they don't come up to scratch then they get a free transfer or a straight swap with a Moldovan or something similar. Do you think it could work, and do you think that the UK would benefit from such a scheme?

Be great when we got a Moldovan called Dragos Birca who was previously a goat herder for Prime Minister because the colossal dickwad we had fails the citizenship test.

Nah I think the free movement model before it was a rejected and I just can't see folk going for it ,you could push it towards your local MP to get it onto thier parties next manifesto, you never know it could be a vote winner, it has appeal.

Nah I think the free movement model before it was a rejected and I just can't see folk going for it ,you could push it towards your local MP to get it onto thier parties next manifesto, you never know it could be a vote winner, it has appeal.
    That's what i was thinking. We need lorry drivers etc, maybe we could swap a nurse for a latvian lorry driver. Everyone wins.

That's what i was thinking. We need lorry drivers etc, maybe we could swap a nurse for a latvian lorry driver. Everyone wins.
    Celebrity wife swap

Get rid of your missus for a belter from Poland

Who enjoys cleaning

Celebrity wife swap

Get rid of your missus for a belter from Poland

Who enjoys cleaning
    You could be onto something here for decades Brits have failed to see the benefits of 'free movement' are you suggesting Polish ladies have those attributes ?

You could be onto something here for decades Brits have failed to see the benefits of 'free movement' are you suggesting Polish ladies have those attributes ?
    I am suggesting some discerning gentlemen may wish to trade in their partner for an east European model

Who may be good at cleaning

I am suggesting some discerning gentlemen may wish to trade in their partner for an east European model

Who may be good at cleaning
    Does this cleaning include knob polishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Does this cleaning include knob polishing?
    Careful, you know what happened last time