+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why wouldn’t Asylum Seekers….

Re: Why wouldn’t Asylum Seekers….

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In which case, so to is all lives matter just a mere three words.
    What historical oppression have white European origin people had to endure on a level with African Americans through the slave trade and to modern day ?

I think it's fair to say , in fact I will state it here that the people who pontificate about BLM being communists , about hey .....all lives matter ......about immigrants , refugees, asylum seekers , gay pride events ......are small minded racist bigots

It's just a theory but I think it's very good one

The people I know who go on about all this also throw around the term snowflake etc

I know what they are and they absolutely cry out loud when you pull up their prejudices on so many things but it's the truth and they don't like it .

Everyone has prejudices to a degree but this lot are terrible .

If its not black people it's asylum seekers , the bloody EU , trade unions , gay pride marches , disability rights advice workers at the council we don't bloody need them ! etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think it's fair to say , in fact I will state it here that the people who pontificate about BLM being communists , about hey .....all lives matter ......about immigrants , refugees, asylum seekers , gay pride events ......are small minded racist bigots

It's just a theory but I think it's very good one

The people I know who go on about all this also throw around the term snowflake etc

I know what they are and they absolutely cry out loud when you pull up their prejudices on so many things but it's the truth and they don't like it .

Everyone has prejudices to a degree but this lot are terrible .

If its not black people it's asylum seekers , the bloody EU , trade unions , gay pride marches , disability rights advice workers at the council we don't bloody need them ! etc etc
    What you have actually said here is the near definition of bigotry; clumping together and making gross stereotypes about pretty much anyone who has an alternative opinion to you on totally disconnected issues.

In the absence of making a valid argument it's just a series of insults as usual.

Oh and you advocated putting Corbyn in power so dont get too high and mighty about racism

What historical oppression have white European origin people had to endure on a level with African Americans through the slave trade and to modern day ?
    It's not a competition but the trans atlantic slave trade ended more than 200 years ago. It was, one of the greatest crimes and injustices in world history. A grotesque event the enriched people on three continents on the back of pure misery.

More recently millions of Europeans were murdered in the Holocaust of course and further millions of Europeans killed, primarily under Stalin in the USSR

History is complex and I'm not entire sure you bringing that up is helpful in understanding whether the wider BLM movement is the best approach to improving race relations and inequalities etc tbh.

What you have actually said here is the near definition of bigotry; clumping together and making gross stereotypes about pretty much anyone who has an alternative opinion to you on totally disconnected issues.

In the absence of making a valid argument it's just a series of insults as usual.

Oh and you advocated putting Corbyn in power so dont get too high and mighty about racism
    Corbyn who has been a prominent anti-racism campaigner for decades or Boris Johnson? Yes that Boris Johnson of "picaninnies" fame? of "Watermelon Smiles" of "letterboxes", of using Nigerian as a derogatory term? Of saying that Barrack Obama has a hatred of Britain because of his Kenyan heritage, saying Africa's problems are that the colonial powers aren't in charge any more? If you were deciding the last election on who had better anti-racist credentials then there would really have only been one choice - unless you have completely deluded yourself, in which case you should be asking yourself why that is?

White lives have always ‘mattered’. Black lives haven’t. When we say Black Lives Matter it’s not to divide, but to include. Of course all lives matter, but historically they haven’t so we say BLACK LIVES MATTER to raise this point. Perhaps the word ‘too’ should have been added to the slogan so that everyone could understand what it means and not just those who recognise nuance.

James; a white fella being sensitive over inclusivity is the most cringe sh1t I’ve ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Corbyn who has been a prominent anti-racism campaigner for decades or Boris Johnson? Yes that Boris Johnson of "picaninnies" fame? of "Watermelon Smiles" of "letterboxes", of using Nigerian as a derogatory term? Of saying that Barrack Obama has a hatred of Britain because of his Kenyan heritage, saying Africa's problems are that the colonial powers aren't in charge any more? If you were deciding the last election on who had better anti-racist credentials then there would really have only been one choice - unless you have completely deluded yourself, in which case you should be asking yourself why that is?
    My point is, people who gloss over this should be a bit more aware when accusing others of things.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/more-t...mitic-1.469654

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    White lives have always ‘mattered’. Black lives haven’t. When we say Black Lives Matter it’s not to divide, but to include. Of course all lives matter, but historically they haven’t so we say BLACK LIVES MATTER to raise this point. Perhaps the word ‘too’ should have been added to the slogan so that everyone could understand what it means and not just those who recognise nuance.

James; a white fella being sensitive over inclusivity is the most cringe sh1t I’ve ever heard.
    All you've done there is recreate a press release or something from their website that doesn't really stand up to scrutiny or address the issues being discussed.

I'm not sensitive over inclusivity, that is exactly what I support and exactly what I do not think is happening with a lot of the current thinking on these issues.

My point is, people who gloss over this should be a bit more aware when accusing others of things.

so who do you think has the better anti racist credentials out of Corbyn and Johnson?

All you've done there is recreate a press release or something from their website that doesn't really stand up to scrutiny or address the issues being discussed.

I'm not sensitive over inclusivity, that is exactly what I support and exactly what I do not think is happening with a lot of the current thinking on these issues.
    I actually came up with this all by myself.
    One day you'll get it. It just takes a bit longer for some people.

He’s never going to get it, not worth engaging him. You’ve got the whole thing spot on

It sounds remarkly similar to numerous statements I've read.

I repeat your second sentence to yourself. I don't think we are on progressive path at all, and even before commenting on my post you referenced my skin colour (you have no idea of my ethic back ground, but seemingly that determines what you think I should or should not think)

Your all lives matter mates are a bunch of thick racist idiots

And you must also be thick as you continue to support the right wing movement that it is despite it being made clear what they are all about ......belittling anti racism with smoke and mirrors

And again these are the same people who don't like gay pride marches or anything not WASP

You carry on

It sounds remarkly similar to numerous statements I've read.

I repeat your second sentence to yourself. I don't think we are on progressive path at all, and even before commenting on my post you referenced my skin colour (you have no idea of my ethic back ground, but seemingly that determines what you think I should or should not think)
    It's gone too far the other way now ......

They got too many rights now ....

If you say you are British these days they throw you in Jail ....

Your all lives matter mates are a bunch of thick racist idiots

And you must also be thick as you continue to support the right wing movement that it is despite it being made clear what they are all about ......belittling anti racism with smoke and mirrors

And again these are the same people who don't like gay pride marches or anything not WASP

You carry on
    More made up stuff and insults and ridiculous unsubstantiated and irrelevant claims there. I admire your consistency

You remind of Squealer from George Orwell's Animal Farm a little bit

I would also remind you that you strongly advocated electing a Prime Minister that 85% of British Jews considered to be an anti-semite, so forgive me for listening to, but being wary of adopting your approach to all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He’s never going to get it, not worth engaging him. You’ve got the whole thing spot on
    No, believe me, I get it. I understand what you are saying. I just disagree with it.

The world doesn't exist in a manner where you possess all that is righteous and you sit on a throne for others to catch up.

I just think you are wrong, I think you adopt a sectarian and divisive approach that will make race relations worse and not improve the lives or outcomes of black people. I think you are ignoring the real issues to make slogans that wont make a jot of difference and may make things worse.

There is nothing new in your stance. Northern Ireland was full of it in the 1960s, 70s and 80s until people realised a cross-community approach that preached unity was the best solution.

Provide some evidence and you may get somewhere.

More made up stuff and insults and ridiculous unsubstantiated and irrelevant claims there. I admire your consistency

You remind of Squealer from George Orwell's Animal Farm a little bit

I would also remind you that you strongly advocated electing a Prime Minister that 85% of British Jews considered to be an anti-semite, so forgive me for listening to, but being wary of adopting your approach to all this.

I am no fan of corbyn

The all lives matter lot , who u are siding with , are a bunch of swivel eyed racists

Carry on digging that grave

But if he's anti semitic then Boris is a goose stepping lunatic

No, believe me, I get it. I understand what you are saying. I just disagree with it.

The world doesn't exist in a manner where you possess all that is righteous and you sit on a throne for others to catch up.

I just think you are wrong, I think you adopt a sectarian and divisive approach that will make race relations worse and not improve the lives or outcomes of black people. I think you are ignoring the real issues to make slogans that wont make a jot of difference and may make things worse.

There is nothing new in your stance. Northern Ireland was full of it in the 1960s, 70s and 80s until people realised a cross-community approach that preached unity was the best solution.

Provide some evidence and you may get somewhere.
    A Libertarian Speaks !

Nobody is listening

A Libertarian Speaks !

Nobody is listening
    Some people never do, eh!

Bit disappointed you didnt make a smutty remark when I mentioned Animal Farm earlier too btw.

A Libertarian Speaks !

Nobody is listening
    The whole point of Black Lives Matter is to erase the “sectarianism” that exists in society through racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The whole point of Black Lives Matter is to erase the “sectarianism” that exists in society through racism.
    I don't think it will achieve it. I think it will exacerbate it. But we disagree, and that's fine

But saying purposefully divisive phrase All Lives Matter won’t?

Very convenient that.

Some people never do, eh!

Bit disappointed you didnt make a smutty remark when I mentioned Animal Farm earlier too btw.
    Well you certainly don't

In your world you are right even though you are the only one on this thread that thinks all lives matter is a genuine movement

It's not , it's been pointed out that it isn't by several people and why its a fake attempt by the right wing to deflect racism as they do by labelling those who stand up against these things as snowflakes

You carry on defending your own position , i think the general consensus is that siding yourself with all lives matter is not the sharpist move but there you go , you won't be told .

Well you certainly don't

In your world you are right even though you are the only one on this thread that thinks all lives matter is a genuine movement

It's not , it's been pointed out that it isn't by several people and why its a fake attempt by the right wing to deflect racism as they do by labelling those who stand up against these things as snowflakes

You carry on defending your own position , i think the general consensus is that siding yourself with all lives matter is not the sharpist move but there you go , you won't be told .
    I don't think you've listened to a word I've said.

Just the usual rhetoric pouring out about how anyone who thinks differently from the usual loud voices is some kind of devil.

I just think you guys are divisive and wrong and support positions that will make race relations worse

Yet another thread that has descended into name calling etc. Shame.