Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
He sounds a bit precious to me. Five games and he’s already doing a Jose Mourinho in a press conference.
I don't mind it, it shows he believes in the approach and is committed to making it work, and he's prepared to defend it. I'd prefer a manager who has a strong identity about the way they want to play rather than one who decides to abandon it at the first bump in the road. (for all Neil Warnock's faults, one of his major strengths is his teams very much have a playing identity and all the players know exactly what they should be doing in any given situation).

Some of us have been wanting this kind of change in approach for a few years so it does seem reasonable to grant a few more games before we rule it out completely. Having said that some people in the crowd audibly groaning when one of the defenders passed it back to Smithies rather than hoofing it upfield would seem to indicate that some people are going to take a bit more convincing.

Similarly with the youth being promoted this season - that is something that it completely alien to us in the last decade or so. At the start of the season when it became clear we would see a lot of youth players there were many posts on here saying we'd need to be patient with them, that they would probably be inconsistent as they get used to this league. Yet whenever any of them have a remotely below average game there are people on here queueing up to declare that they "aren;t upto it" and are "league one at best". Not many of our senior players were pulling up trees at this level when they were in their teens and early 20s, so if anything these guys are ahead of schedule.