Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I get what you mean about his reaction in a press conference, but I'll hold fire on that until it is, hopefully, shown on the club website. As someone who has moaned non stop at the long ball stuff we've had to put up with for so long, it would be unfair to start criticising an approach which sees us value possession more, but I do wonder whether it was part of the plan to move the ball as slowly as we did in the first half against Hull in particular? Surely, there has to be a better tempo to our passing than there was on Wednesday if the intention is to pull create situations whereby people like Ryan Giles get one on ones? I'm struggling to remember a time when that happened in the first half on Wednesday.

Reading that, I also wonder why we went with players in midfield like Ralls and Bacuna whose passing is too unreliable for such an approach. What I would say though as that what Morrison is saying should be music to the ears of the young midfielders he had in the Under 23s because, as long as they can handle the step up well enough, I reckon they're better equipped to play that way than some of the seniors in the first team squad - someone like Sam Bowen should be playing pretty regularly if and when he's fit..
Totally agree with this.

I'm wondering just how much pressure our manager's are under to play Bacuna, Pack & Valks because of what they're costing the club. It wouldn't surprise me if its a lot.