+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World Cup playoffs draw

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: World Cup playoffs draw

I think Scotland are being massively overhyped. If we have a fully fit squad we'll win.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think Scotland are being massively overhyped. If we have a fully fit squad we'll win.
    Scotland are playing better than they have for a generation. I would expect Scotland to beat Wales if we beat Ukraine.
    You will need a fit and firing Gareth Bale to put that in doubt .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Scotland are playing better than they have for a generation. I would expect Scotland to beat Wales if we beat Ukraine.
    against any of the 3 teams we would probably need one or both of Bale and Ramsey to be playing well in order for us to win.
    as has largely been the case for the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    against any of the 3 teams we would probably need one or both of Bale and Ramsey to be playing well in order for us to win.
    as has largely been the case for the last several years.
    Agreed , but Scotland have been so poor for so long I wouldn't have given them a chance coming here.
    They look like a well organised unit now that wont be push over for anyone.
    They will still disappoint .
    We are Scotland , its our birth right

Agreed , but Scotland have been so poor for so long I wouldn't have given them a chance coming here.
    yeah they definitely look a different prospect now than a couple of years ago. you can't blame us for being pleased though when it could have been Italy or Portugal away

yeah they definitely look a different prospect now than a couple of years ago. you can't blame us for being pleased though when it could have been Italy or Portugal away
    You'd think all 4 teams in our group will be quite happy with that draw when Spain and Italy were options.

The only thing in our favour is two home games really, other than that I think it's very tight. Very glad we won't have to play Scotland in Scotland the way they've been playing recently.

Agreed .
    I think all 4 teams have won a watch in our little group.
    No reason any one from the 4 cant go through. Well maybe Austria

Been given any good penalties lately Jimmy?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Been given any good penalties lately Jimmy?
    Cmon Bob . You are better than that . You have surprised me with your posts on this previously.

Cmon Bob . You are better than that . You have surprised me with your posts on this previously.
    Sorry Jimmy, but I think the penalty kick has done Scotland lots of favours down the years, not just against Wales.

Scotland are playing better than they have for a generation.
    In fairness this is hardly much of an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In fairness this is hardly much of an achievement.
    It is if you are Scottish .....

Whilst I think Wales get over hyped, especially on here. Scotland beating Moldova and the Faroe Islands twice, is taking the biscuit on how all of a sudden some think they are good. Scotland are defiantly improved but one of the weakest in the play off's. They were garbage in the Euro Cup despite playing 2 games at home

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post

Whilst I think Wales get over hyped, especially on here. Scotland beating Moldova and the Faroe Islands twice, is taking the biscuit on how all of a sudden some think they are good. Scotland are defiantly improved but one of the weakest in the play off's. They were garbage in the Euro Cup despite playing 2 games at home
    You have nothing to worry about then .
    Lets hope they dispose of Ukraine and you can put them to the sword ...easily...

You have nothing to worry about then .
    Lets hope they dispose of Ukraine and you can put them to the sword ...easily...
    If you beat the Ukraine then it will be a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post

Are Wales overhyped? I think Wales get a fair bit of disrespect, still the same old "one man team" jibes etc even though we've been ranked in the top 25 for about 6 years, lost just the one home qualifier since 2014 and been promoted to League A of the Nations League.