+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World Cup playoffs draw

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: World Cup playoffs draw

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    If it's us v Scotland hopefully we won't play it at Anfield again.

Oh dear. Memories came flooding back

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    People mentioning Scotland - they’ve got to beat Ukraine and We’ve got to beat Austria first!
    I know. It’s unsurprising though given our history with the Scots. A lot of us haven’t forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    People mentioning Scotland - they’ve got to beat Ukraine and We’ve got to beat Austria first!
    **** me who let the rain man in

If....we beat Austria..there will only be a few days to sell the 33000 tickets

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    They will sell out easily

I imagine they'd sell a double ticket and refund if we don't get there

Wondered if they might sell the tickets as a pair

They'l all be gone in 10 minutes and be sitting nicely in people's phones somewhere.

..I was at Ninian Park in 85..****ing outnumbered big time..must not happen again..( if we both get through that is)
    Any Jocks in our end should be ejected..after a slap..
    They get about 2000 tickets max

All this talk of playing Scotland almost guarantees an Austria v Ukraine final

Hmmm. An unbiased & free draw comes out exactly in line with the UEFA rankings. The odds on that must be higher than a lottery win.
    FIFA country seeding

6 Italy 1 v 67 North Macedonia 6
    8 Portugal 2 v 37 Turkey 5
    18 Sweden 3 v 31 Czech 4
    19 Wales 4 v 30 Austria 3
    34 Russia 5 v 27 Poland 2
    38 Scotland 6 v 25 Ukraine 1

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Hmmm. An unbiased & free draw comes out exactly in line with the UEFA rankings. The odds on that must be higher than a lottery win.
    FIFA country seeding

6 Italy 1 v 67 North Macedonia 6
    8 Portugal 2 v 37 Turkey 5
    18 Sweden 3 v 31 Czech 4
    19 Wales 4 v 30 Austria 3
    34 Russia 5 v 27 Poland 2
    38 Scotland 6 v 25 Ukraine 1
    If it was true it would be weird, but they are not the order of seedings. If you are trying to propose a conspiracy theory I can debunk it easily. If FIFA fixed the draw do you really think they have made it impossible for Italy and Portugal to qualify?

Best way to sell both matches and stop the rush for the possible final.

Sell a double ticket of which if we don’t make the final then the void ticket becomes valid for the next nations league home match.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Best way to sell both matches and stop the rush for the possible final.

Sell a double ticket of which if we don’t make the final then the void ticket becomes valid for the next nations league home match.
    What if people can't make the next nations league home match? Better to refund surely?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What if people can't make the next nations league home match? Better to refund surely?
    No.
    Better that the money stays in the FAW. Maybe it can be used for another Nations match instead.
    Doubt much would worry when they are acquiring there semi tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    If it was true it would be weird, but they are not the order of seedings. If you are trying to propose a conspiracy theory I can debunk it easily. If FIFA fixed the draw do you really think they have made it impossible for Italy and Portugal to qualify?
    I know but it’s hell of a coincidence and the odds would have been astronomical. 1v6 2v5 3v4 4v3 5v2 6v1

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    No.
    Better that the money stays in the FAW. Maybe it can be used for another Nations match instead.
    Doubt much would worry when they are acquiring there semi tickets.
    Seems overly complicated to me (and probably the FAW)

I know but it’s hell of a coincidence and the odds would have been astronomical. 1v6 2v5 3v4 4v3 5v2 6v1
    I don’t think they are astronomical from a statistical POV. Considering half were seeded that line up had the exact same odds as any line up. More actually as Ukraine can’t play Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Too many assuming we’re going to play Scotland if we beat Austria - Ukraine were undefeated in their group including two draws with France.
    Exactly, Scotland beat 10 men Luxembourg 1-0 not so long ago

Don’t we have around 24,000 red wall members?

A 1 in 720 chance, same as for any other draw.

However, it might be worth considering that the hardest part is probably getting the first 2/3 correct. Scotland and Wales were drawn first, so there was a 1/6 then 1/5 chance of getting the draws they did, so 1 in 30 chance of drawing the teams we did.

Next we have a 1/4 chance, then 1/3. Yes that moves the 1 in 30 to a 1 in 120 then a 1 in 360 overall, but a 1/4 probability isn't that unlikely, while a 1/3 chance is more likely again.

Once we get to Path C, it's a 50/50 chance of having the draw we did.

Don’t we have around 24,000 red wall members?
    If they got over 30000 members and then can’t guarantee all a ticket would be interesting? They’re still selling memberships too so you’d think they might need to cap the numbers? I doubt they do mind as selling the memberships brings the money in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I was too young for Anfield but heard the horror stories.

Was there in 85 and they were a nightmare that day.

I dont think we are looking at that sort of following and with seating its impossible anyway.

But Man U Liveroool fans obtained tickets and yes some got a slap and were ejected.

Some Jocks will get in.
    I was 16 at the time of the Anfield game and travelled up on my own by train. We arrived at Rock Ferry train station, Birkenhead. They had laid on double-decker buses to take us to the ground. The journey to the ground (seemed to take ages) was quite uneventful, however, once arriving at the Kop End, things turned ugly.

We were up in the far right-hand corner of the terrace (looking out onto the pitch). The bottles, cans, lighters and coins were hurled at us throughout the game, there was never a lull in the barrage they sent over to us. The verbal abuse they gave us when leaving the ground was unbelievable.

I was there in '85 too - they had a bit of 'pay-back' then, well, at least on the Bob-Bank they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    If they got over 30000 members and then can’t guarantee all a ticket would be interesting? They’re still selling memberships too so you’d think they might need to cap the numbers? I doubt they do mind as selling the memberships brings the money in.
    There were 5k more people at the Belgium game than for Belarus though despite them bundling the tickets together.
    Hope this will be sold in the same old way with points given to people for away attendance, length of membership etc and a staggered timeslot to buy tickets. Some newer or less active members may miss out but I don't think they will be able to complain too much about that.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    There were 5k more people at the Belgium game than for Belarus though despite them bundling the tickets together.
    Hope this will be sold in the same old way with points given to people for away attendance, length of membership etc and a staggered timeslot to buy tickets. Some newer or less active members may miss out but I don't think they will be able to complain too much about that.
    24,000 existing members, 3,000 away + segregation still leaves 6,000 available tickets, they’ll be a lot of new members signing up inan attempt to get those tickets.