Re: World Cup playoffs draw

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Hopefully 2 fantastic nights coming up at the Cardiff city stadium in March
    Confirmed

Thursday 24th and Tuesday 29th both at CCS

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I really hope its Scotland.

Qualifying and knocking them out at the same time would be a great moment. Id be pissed for a month celebrating.

Play offs at club level a Swansea match would be unbearable. Not Scotland. A chance to get revenge over them is long overdue.

THIS. It’s time to erase all those painful memories. Scotland will face a hostile environment this time around assuming we both qualify

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Hopefully 2 fantastic nights coming up at the Cardiff city stadium in March

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Couldn’t have rigged that any better.

I really hope that the FAW don’t give into any pressure they may have to stage the game(s) at the Millennium Stadium.
    It’d obviously be full but it may be a ‘f*ck it’ scenario for a lot of regular fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Confirmed

Or Tuesday the 29th at the Ernst Happel

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Confirmed

Bloody hell! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Of course avoiding Italy and Portugal is ideal but I think of the Pot 1 teams Scotland are the 3rd best. They’ll also bring a very big and vocal following should we both progress.
    They will be limited to how many they can have in the ground. The FAW must limit the number of tickets they get to the bare minimum they are allowed to offer

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    They will be limited to how many they can have in the ground. The FAW must limit the number of tickets they get to the bare minimum they are allowed to offer

..I was at Ninian Park in 85..****ing outnumbered big time..must not happen again..( if we both get through that is)
    Any Jocks in our end should be ejected..after a slap..

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Dont think people are, for me based on form they would probably even be slight favourites at a neutral venue.

No easy games for Wales but they would have been a preferred option in terms of finalists.
    Scotland beat Denmark in a dead rubber, similar to our Belgium game. After that they've played shite made up countries and tiny islands.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..I was at Ninian Park in 85..****ing outnumbered big time..must not happen again..( if we both get through that is)
    Any Jocks in our end should be ejected..after a slap..
    Absolutely. The FAW have to be very clear. If any Welsh fan sells their ticket to a Scot they will be in trouble.

They’ll easily sell out their allocation which would be around 3000. There’s a few countries in the draw that wouldn’t. Should Ukraine beat them, I’m sure they’d not even bring 1000.

They’ll easily sell out their allocation which would be around 3000. There’s a few countries in the draw that wouldn’t. Should Ukraine beat them, I’m sure they’d not even bring 1000.
    Oh agreed but we will have 30,000 Welsh supporters at the CCS. This will be no Anfield. If need be the FAW need to bring in photo ID to ensure no tickets are passed over to Scots.

Absolutely. The FAW have to be very clear. If any Welsh fan sells their ticket to a Scot they will be in trouble.
    If we play Scotland they will be amongst us guaranteed.

Then do photo ID. The FAW have to do all they can to protect our home advantage

Drakeford will stop um, he’ll lock us down that week

I was too young for Anfield but heard the horror stories.

Was there in 85 and they were a nightmare that day.

I dont think we are looking at that sort of following and with seating its impossible anyway.

But Man U Liveroool fans obtained tickets and yes some got a slap and were ejected.

Some Jocks will get in.

If- the biggest word in the dictionary. Both Austria and Scotland will also think they have a great chance. Not an easy route to Qatar by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    If- the biggest word in the dictionary. Both Austria and Scotland will also think they have a great chance. Not an easy route to Qatar by any means.
    No but its as good as it gets. Id say we are favourites with the 2 home ties.

I suspect there’s probably a fair few Scots who live in South Wales that would qualify for tickets in the home end.

I think Scotland are being massively overhyped. If we have a fully fit squad we'll win.

I suspect there’s probably a fair few Scots who live in South Wales that would qualify for tickets in the home end.
    I'd be surprised if there are very many Scottish "Red Wall" members

Too many assuming we’re going to play Scotland if we beat Austria - Ukraine were undefeated in their group including two draws with France.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd be surprised if there are very many Scottish "Red Wall" members
    Probably not but you never know. Scottish parents who take their Wales supporting kids, people who enjoy live football or Scots who have lived here long enough to have Wales as a second team, etc.

Anyways. It’s the Austrians we’ve got to concern ourselves with first

People mentioning Scotland - they’ve got to beat Ukraine and We’ve got to beat Austria first!