+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well Done Ladies

Re: Well Done Ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Great effort from Jess Fishlock but a good save. https://mobile.twitter.com/Cymru/sta...99438518177801
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    didn't realize she was still playing

I think I saw somewhere on TV recently that she won the US women's soccer league MVP award.

Cracking volley fair play.
    Seems like they were a bit unlucky tonight.

Wales currently ranked 9/9 of the runners up.

Having played 4 games and a few on 5..

Top 3 qualify other 6 it seems go into the lottery.

The good news is that Slovenia dropped two points in drawing 0-0 with Greece, so you’d like to think that if things go to form with Welsh wins in Greece and Kazakhstan and a defeat by France in the return match, avoiding defeat by Slovenia at home will be enough to take second place in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a Young sport in terms of development. The countries with the least resources are going to struggle. It happens at men's levels as well. Admittedly not 15-0 or whatever the score was, but we could say what's the point in San Marino, Moldova etc. They don't compete either .
    I don't disagree but an absolute stonking in the men's game mat be 10-0 and having pre-qualifying until such a point that sone of the weaker nations catch up a bit is no bad thing.

It happens in the FA Cup, Champions League and kinds of sports precisely to maintain competitiveness etc

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The good news is that Slovenia dropped two points in drawing 0-0 with Greece, so you’d like to think that if things go to form with Welsh wins in Greece and Kazakhstan and a defeat by France in the return match, avoiding defeat by Slovenia at home will be enough to take second place in the group.
    And 2nd place would mean a play off I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    And 2nd place would mean a play off I think.
    Could mean an automatic spot, but doubtful - see Dembe's 0.58 post.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Could mean an automatic spot, but doubtful - see Dembe's 0.58 post.
    Oh yeah, cheers

Fishlock is still a very good player. They were really pressing at the end with the French defence looking really panicky. With Slovenia only drawing with Greece the play offs are definitely on.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    20-0, 11-0, 8-0, 8-0 & 7-0 all on the same night. There's obviously a huge gap in standards of women's football in different countries at the moment. I guess as some move towards professionalism some are getting left behind.
    It'll come.

USA, England etc will improve alot slower where these newer countries will develop alot faster if the money and enthusiasm is there.

It's going to take a decade or 2 but the world is changing and I think it will take off.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It'll come.

USA, England etc will improve alot slower where these newer countries will develop alot faster if the money and enthusiasm is there.

It's going to take a decade or 2 but the world is changing and I think it will take off.
    Next target- 15-0 defeats

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think I saw somewhere on TV recently that she won the US women's soccer league MVP award.

Cracking volley fair play.
    Seems like they were a bit unlucky tonight.
    Her winning MVP was mentioned by the commentator virtually every time she touched the ball last night and during the game the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Her winning MVP was mentioned by the commentator virtually every time she touched the ball last night and during the game the other night.
    Oh okay.
    I didn't watch the game but I'm sure I heard it last week some time, probably on the Welsh news.
    Not surprising they kept mentioning it, MVP really is some achievement and I hear the top players over there are earning a good living.

Not sure if you saw the BBC news this morning but they showed the womens football games England, Scotland and ourselves in the sport section.
    Obviously the girl White grabbed the headlines for her record number of goals scored for England and they showed her hat trick and a good few more of the 20 goals too.
    The footage of the Wales game consisted of one of the French goals, 10 seconds worth and similar for Scotland.
    Some things never change.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Oh okay.
    I didn't watch the game but I'm sure I heard it last week some time, probably on the Welsh news.
    Not surprising they kept mentioning it, MVP really is some achievement and I hear the top players over there are earning a good living.

Not sure if you saw the BBC news this morning but they showed the womens football games England, Scotland and ourselves in the sport section.
    Obviously the girl White grabbed the headlines for her record number of goals scored for England and they showed her hat trick and a good few more of the 20 goals too.
    The footage of the Wales game consisted of one of the French goals, 10 seconds worth and similar for Scotland.
    Some things never change.
    A 20 nil win shouldn't get the lions share of reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    A 20 nil win shouldn't get the lions share of reporting?
    Or lionesses.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Or lionesses.
    And that

watched the goals from the England game, there were some good ones amongst them tbf.
    goalkeeper didn't have the best game though