Thread: Well Done Ladies

Well Done Ladies

5-0 against Greece tonight.

Re: Well Done Ladies

Wales women have really pushed on this campaign haven't they

Nice one Wales

Ienjoyed tonight's match. Some good goals. France on Tuesday, that could be a bit harder.

Wales were helped on their way by the Greek keeper, but it was impressive stuff from them. That’s a 6-0 and two 5-0s at home now and while the opposition hasn’t been the strongest, Wales weren’t winning matches by those sort of scores before this qualifying group -Tuesday should be a good indicator as to how much progress has been made under Gemma Grainger.

Wales almost scored within the first minute tonight, against France. Only ten minutes in, but so far it looks OK. Live on BBC2 Wales.

England woman are currently 14-0 with 20 mins left to play.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    England woman are currently 14-0 with 20 mins left to play.
    20-0 full time

Ireland beating Georgia 9-0

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Wales almost scored within the first minute tonight, against France. Only ten minutes in, but so far it looks OK. Live on BBC2 Wales.
    1-0 on the stroke of half time.

Wales can't string two passes together and can't retain any possession.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    20-0 full time

Perhaps should be looking at a pre qualifying system next time around. Results like this do nobody any favours.

20-0 full time
    After a certain amount of goals it feels like you're just being a bit of an arsehole

20-0 full time

Georgia not done bad there considering she was playing away from home against 11 players.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Georgia not done bad there considering she was playing away from home against 11 players.
    That was on my mind as well

20-0, 11-0, 8-0, 8-0 & 7-0 all on the same night. There's obviously a huge gap in standards of women's football in different countries at the moment. I guess as some move towards professionalism some are getting left behind.

Back to Wales, they have put in an excellent performance tonight even when down to 10.

Great effort from Jess Fishlock but a good save. https://mobile.twitter.com/Cymru/sta...99438518177801

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Great effort from Jess Fishlock but a good save. https://mobile.twitter.com/Cymru/sta...99438518177801
    didn't realize she was still playing

From hitting the bloody post to going two down in a matter of seconds.

Just hit the post before France's second

That's unlucky.

Quite a decent watch to be fair.
    Definitely a feel good factor running right throughout the Welsh game at the moment.

20-0 full time

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    20-0, 11-0, 8-0, 8-0 & 7-0 all on the same night. There's obviously a huge gap in standards of women's football in different countries at the moment. I guess as some move towards professionalism some are getting left behind.
    You have to wonder if a pre qualifying tournament would be useful for women's football. I'm not sure results like that are helpful in growing the sport

You have to wonder if a pre qualifying tournament would be useful for women's football. I'm not sure results like that are helpful in growing the sport
    Results like that won't make a jot of a difference to the development of the women's game.

20-0 full time

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Results like that won't make a jot of a difference to the development of the women's game.
    Well. The result is flying around WhatsApp in mocking terms. I doubt the crowd enjoy such one sided games (and the attendance suggests that), the England team was barely tested and the Latvians will be demoralised, whilst it does nothing to encourage Latvians to support their team.

So I don't think it's particularly helpful tbh. Basic competitiveness is a driver in interest in most sports.

Well. The result is flying around WhatsApp in mocking terms. I doubt the crowd enjoy such one sided games (and the attendance suggests that), the England team was barely tested and the Latvians will be demoralised, whilst it does nothing to encourage Latvians to support their team.

So I don't think it's particularly helpful tbh. Basic competitiveness is a driver in interest in most sports.
    It's a Young sport in terms of development. The countries with the least resources are going to struggle. It happens at men's levels as well. Admittedly not 15-0 or whatever the score was, but we could say what's the point in San Marino, Moldova etc. They don't compete either .