+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tattoo on ribs

Tattoo on ribs

Am thinking of getting one, about half way down one side under my arm. Never had a tattoo, but want some song lyrics.

Will take an hour and a half apparently. Is the pain unbearable in this location? Couple of mates have said it's an ambitious place for a first tattoo (!?)

Re: Tattoo on ribs

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Am thinking of getting one, about half way down one side under my arm. Never had a tattoo, but want some song lyrics.

Will take an hour and a half apparently. Is the pain unbearable in this location? Couple of mates have said it's an ambitious place for a first tattoo (!?)
    Go for it. You won't regret it. Not once! Never!

Are you looking for song lyric suggestions? You have come to the right place.

What song lyrics do you want?

I got a music lyric tattoo down my back :

First, I got a tattoo on my Clavical that says “5”

Then I got a tattoo on my thoracic that says “4”

Then I got a tattoo on my lumbar that says “3”

Then I got a tattoo on my sacrum that says “2”

Then I got a tattoo on my coccyx that says “1”

It’s the spinal countdown!

Feedback

Tattoo on the ribs ****ing hurts. A lot.

I'd rather have 10 hours on my arm than 10 seconds on my ribs.

Source: I have half a body sleeve, everything above the waist.

Anyone who says it doesn't hurt is a liar

And the thin skin under the arm around the pit is almost as bad as ribs

If this is your first tattoo go for the upper arm.

Tattoos are contagious! You'll end up with the ubiquitous sleeve tattoo in no time at all, a teardrop design on the face, and a Maori tattoo going up your neck. Stay away from them.

These lyrics, are they Yma O Hyd by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Tattoos are contagious! You'll end up with the ubiquitous sleeve tattoo in no time at all, a teardrop design on the face, and a Maori tattoo going up your neck. Stay away from them.
    And an erroneous Chinese symbol which translates as cheesecake.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    What song lyrics do you want?

Very ambitious first tat but if you have a good pain threshold then go for it

Ribs are very painful. Other parts of the body are uncomfortable but not painful really. Boney bits hurt.

But you can get them to stop for a minute if it all gets too much and you just need to relax and have a chat. You’ll be ok I’m sure

I always fancied the same and in the end I went for Madness's Return of the Los Palmas 7.

Didn't hurt at all.

Cheers for your help. Am thinking ribs or inner bicep

Words are to an Emmylou Harris folk song that kept me going during the height of lockdown 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And an erroneous Chinese symbol which translates as cheesecake.
    I often see the natives, here in China, posting such pictures online of foreigners with tattoos that have errors in the Chinese characters. It's a constant source of amusement for them.

My daughter has dozens of tattoos, all over. She's having another one today. She says the neck is the most painful, and the ribs area.

It's going to hurt. But it's not unbearable. It only hurts when the needle touches you. There's no lingering pain. A few lines of song lyrics shouldn't be that bad. You can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's going to hurt. But it's not unbearable. It only hurts when the needle touches you. There's no lingering pain. A few lines of song lyrics shouldn't be that bad. You can do it.
    It's coming down to asking female friends when it looks better too. Ha. Am definitely gonna get one.

Cheers