+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Snow watch

Snow watch

Well I didn’t expect this .. not in the forecast. Coming down well here in the Forest of Dean. Where’s the smiley gone Mike?

Re: Snow watch

Game against Derby has been called off.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Well I didn’t expect this .. not in the forecast. Coming down well here in the Forest of Dean. Where’s the smiley gone Mike?
    I feel so sorry to for the good folk of Derby

I looked out of the window here in Sheffield at 6.30 and there was already a six inch covering and it was still coming down (combined with high winds that had knocked over bins).

Stopped now - but roads blocked, cars abandoned, no gritters or ploughs, snow men everywhere!

As others have said, this must just be a small taste of the devastation in Derby!

Slightly snowing here down in Bath, 50 mins Before KO ( I was just arriving at the ground ) the other teams coach decided to call out game off, its windy, its snowing a little, the girls would have loved to have played in it, I guess the parents might not have had so much fun stood freezing on the sideline

No snow here in Barry but the winds have been playing havoc. We are scattering ashes down the Bay this morning which could prove interesting if the wind if blowing inland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lazar View Post
    No snow here in Barry but the winds have been playing havoc. We are scattering ashes down the Bay this morning which could prove interesting if the wind if blowing inland.
    We spread my grandfathers ashes in Ogmore back in 1983, it was really windy. I'm sure he is still in my ear

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    We spread my grandfathers ashes in Ogmore back in 1983, it was really windy. I'm sure he is still in my ear
    One of my grandfather's ashes were also scattered down Ogmore in 2005, near the stepping stones.

Quite a flurry of snow in Cheltenham this morning for about an hour. All gone now.

I avoid Ogmore as it's knee deep in ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Didn’t they film Ashes to Ashes there?