+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Little bit of reflection....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Little bit of reflection....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Ralls makes such a difference in midfield....and Morrison shows he is truly committed....knew what he was doing taking the yellow card.... his header reminded me a little (but not as good as...) of Joe Bonson's header away to Leyton Orient 1959/60 when we won 4-3 there!!! hey...how many remember that one!!?
    I do, boss! Joe's was eve more of a dive with feet off the ground so he was parallel to the floor if I remember correctly.

There's a super photo out there somewhere, would love to see it again if someone can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I do, boss! Joe's was eve more of a dive with feet off the ground so he was parallel to the floor if I remember correctly.

There's a super photo out there somewhere, would love to see it again if someone can find it.
    I was told some years ago that we were playing at Ninian Park in dreadfully wet conditions when Joe Bonson raced towards the ball which was on the edge of the penalty area, slipped and sat on it and he and it hit the net.

I like to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

I thought that this picture was featured in one of the photo books produced by Richard Shepherd, but I can't find it in the 47-71 volume. Strangely, there are a number of photos of diving headers, but they are all of Derek Tapscott. I know the one you mean, though, and I eventually found it on page 68 of John Crooks' Official History of the Bluebirds. Great photo.