+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's left in our Squad for next season?

Re: Who's left in our Squad for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I can't see us keeping all of Morrison, ralls, flint and pack.
    they are good players, but 3 of them are the wrong side of 30, and they'll all be on premier League inflated contracts. if they will drop their salaries significantly then perhaps we Will Keep them, but there will be other clubs our there who are able to pay more than us these days
    I think they will all be on lower wages after this summer - whether at Cardiff or some other club.

The post-Covid football economy is the same for all clubs below the Premier League with the possible exception of parachute payment Championship clubs pushing for an immediate return - and even there the cold wind is blowing. Would any of our out-of-contract players attract salary offers from the top of the food chain that will match what they're on now? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think they will all be on lower wages after this summer - whether at Cardiff or some other club.

The post-Covid football economy is the same for all clubs below the Premier League with the possible exception of parachute payment Championship clubs pushing for an immediate return - and even there the cold wind is blowing. Would any of our out-of-contract players attract salary offers from the top of the food chain that will match what they're on now? I doubt it.
    I guess what they'd also get is a signing bonus that we wouldn't offer

It also depends on how are finances are, our financial state could be anything from sensible cost cutting to we're absolutely f*cked and can't afford to keep any of those out of contract players

I imagine we'll keep at least one of Morrison, Flint and Brown because if all three go the only senior centre backs left at the club would be Mark McGuinness and Curtis Nelson. Saying that I would be surprised if we kept Morrison & Flint, I imagine it would be Brown and one other

Of course that depends on the youth team, if Connolly or Denham come into the side and impress it could change things though it would be a big ask to go into next season with our centre backs being McGuinness, Nelson, Connolly and Denham.