+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joel Colwill

Joel Colwill

Spent some time today looking at highlights of recent Academy and under 23 games. Highlights can be misleading but I have to say I was quite impressed by what I saw of Rubin’s brother Joel. He looks like a carbon copy of Rubin , physically and in the way he plays. He has a long way to go but we could have another creative young midfielder coming through the ranks.

Re: Joel Colwill

wo Colwills Score On The Same Day
    U18 Match Report: Swansea City 0-3 Cardiff City

Mega Navigation

U18 Match Report: Swansea City 0-3 Cardiff City

Academy

*7 hours ago

Cardiff City’s U18 side comfortably defeated Swansea City 3-0 in the PDL Cup at Landore Training Ground on Saturday.

A*Japhet Mpadi*double and*Joel Colwill*spot-kick earned the Bluebirds three points and a clean sweep of Group A.

The game got off to a tight start and no chances came until the 11th minute, when the clinical Bluebirds took the lead.*James Crole*broke along the right flank, before rounding*Ben Hughes*and cutting back for forward Mpadi to finish.

City hunted for a second and neared it 12 minutes later. Midfielder Colwill made a charging run along the right flank before playing the ball into the path of*Cian Ashford, who was denied by*Filip Lissah’s strong block.

After the interval, the visitors continued to look for the game’s next goal and similar to the beginning of the first-half, both defences stood resilient as no clear-cut opportunities arose until shortly after the hour mark.*Jake Dennis’ super stop kept*Iwan Morgan*out.

The game then opened up and Cardiff City doubled their advantage just two minutes later. The dangerous Mpadi pounced again, finishing beautifully past goalkeeper Hughes and earning a brace.

From the restart, the Bluebirds attacked once more and came close to a third.*Rhys Schwank*found forward Crole with a low cross, but he put the ball agonisingly over the crossbar.

City weren’t letting up and with 72 minutes on the clock, they were awarded a penalty. Colwill, who won it, stepped up and coolly slotted home to treble his team’s advantage.

I believe Mpadi is Rabbi Matondo's younger brother isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I believe Mpadi is Rabbi Matondo's younger brother isn't he?
    Yes he is. He and Charlie Crew were playing for Wales under 16s last month, so they’ve both got plenty of time left where they’ll be eligible for our under 18s - in fact, I believe Crew is able to play under 16 football next season as well.