+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Colwill’s goal.

Colwill’s goal.

I was completely caught on the hop when Rubin Colwill’s goal was given yesterday for a couple of reasons. First, it came at least thirty five minutes too early and so I wasn’t in second half mode where I’m thinking we may score and, second, it didn’t even enter my head that the ball might have crossed the line. However, I’ve just watched the extended highlights on the club website and it shows the animation the ref would have seen on his watch - the ball was well over the line, by at least a foot it seemed to me.

Re: Colwill’s goal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was completely caught on the hop when Rubin Colwill’s goal was given yesterday for a couple of reasons. First, it came at least thirty five minutes too early and so I wasn’t in second half mode where I’m thinking we may score and, second, it didn’t even enter my head that the ball might have crossed the line. However, I’ve just watched the extended highlights on the club website and it shows the animation the ref would have seen on his watch - the ball was well over the line, by at least a foot it seemed to me.
    The players’ reaction was odd too as it looked like they were appealing for what would have been the resulting corner.

Normally in these situations the players know full well that the ball has crossed the line and it is really obvious in their reaction. I only noticed as the ref was pointing to the centre circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    The players’ reaction was odd too as it looked like they were appealing for what would have been the resulting corner.

Normally in these situations the players know full well that the ball has crossed the line and it is really obvious in their reaction. I only noticed as the ref was pointing to the centre circle.
    Colwill celebrates a little, I don't think anyone else was close enough to see if it was in

I agree - watching the highlights, it certainly doesn't look like it's over the line. Good thing they have those little bleepers on their wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I agree - watching the highlights, it certainly doesn't look like it's over the line. Good thing they have those little bleepers on their wrist.
    yep that could easily have not been given in years gone by

On Quest on Saturday they showed the goal line technology still. It wasn't even close to the line it was well over.

It was difficult to see from the away end I thought the ref had given a push at first.