+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Was That A 'Cracker' ?

Was That A 'Cracker' ?

OK today was the first time I have watched the prem for some three months, due to sky being disconnected. But thought the Chelsea game was superb? Is it because I've had a sky drought or was it a great game??

Re: Was That A 'Cracker' ?

It wasn't particularly great in my opinion. But you haven't watched in a while the difference in standard is quite shocking. I watched Brighton/Leeds yesterday and it was mind-blowing to think they were contemporaries of ours not so long ago. Leeds didn't even play well.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It wasn't particularly great in my opinion. But you haven't watched in a while the difference in standard is quite shocking. I watched Brighton/Leeds yesterday and it was mind-blowing to think they were contemporaries of ours not so long ago. Leeds didn't even play well.
    Brighton looked so dangerous going forward, if they had a striker who could finish they'd have been out of sight. Potter's done such a great job there, I could see why he was so bemused at the fans booing at the end. They're 8th in the Premier League!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Brighton looked so dangerous going forward, if they had a striker who could finish they'd have been out of sight. Potter's done such a great job there, I could see why he was so bemused at the fans booing at the end. They're 8th in the Premier League!
    Remember when Charlton fans got pissed off with Curbishley and his top half finishes? Fans are mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    OK today was the first time I have watched the prem for some three months, due to sky being disconnected. But thought the Chelsea game was superb? Is it because I've had a sky drought or was it a great game??
    I don't think that it was 'great', but you have to admire the speed and technique (maybe not Jorginho's for the United goal though....) when watching the Premier League vs say games in the Championship. United are still poor and Chelsea huffed and puffed quite a bit.

There have been a few really goods games recently, often involving Liverpool when they have let the opposition back into games e.g. the 3-3 against Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    The difference in speed between the Premier League and Championship is incredible.

He's done a great job and I liked him when he was at Swansea. Their fans (like a lot of PL fans) need a dose of reality pills.

BTW, that Gerrard bloke has started well with Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He's done a great job and I liked him when he was at Swansea. Their fans (like a lot of PL fans) need a dose of reality pills.

BTW, that Gerrard bloke has started well with Villa.
    I told you all!!

I told you all!!
    You did! I've snuck his book on my Christmas present list hoping Mrs Citizen doesn't notice I'll be over budget!

You swap Maupay for Salah and you are quite probably looking at a top 4 team. I agree Potter has done a great job and to me the booing is indicative of some fan's entitlement when their team reaches a certain level. Brighton are not a big enough club to maintain their current status and in years to come they will be looking upon this time as their golden years. By then Potter will probably be the incumbent England manager !

Not as good as Luton and the City game now on the site to watch in all its glory

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not as good as Luton and the City game now on the site to watch in all its glory
    Definitely not as good as being there! Not much comes close to that.

Game of the weekend was Napoli v Lazio on the one year anniversary of Maradona's untimely death. In the Diego Armando Maradona stadium Napoli produced a performance for the ages.