+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

The whole series of 'Culture Wars' on Radio 4 have been excellent but this episode (broadcast just minutes ago and available via the following link) takes the biscuit. It's just half an hour long.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00120vp

Re: Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The whole series of 'Culture Wars' on Radio 4 have been excellent but this episode (broadcast just minutes ago and available via the following link) takes the biscuit. It's just half an hour long.

is that the Jon Ronson one? I've been meaning to listen

Re: Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    is that the Jon Ronson one? I've been meaning to listen
    Indeed it is. It's shocking in a way one may not expect.

I’ve been listening to it and have been meaning to mention it. It’s well worth a listen, I thought the abortion one was crazy.

I like all of Ronson’s stuff, some of his books are great.

All bollocks, no doubt. We've been here before, both in the US and the UK.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_panic

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    All bollocks, no doubt. We've been here before, both in the US and the UK.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_panic
    Rather than me adding a spoiler I would recommend lending it an ear.

I’ve just listened to the 3rd episode about the televangelist and the HIV positive priest. Really interesting episode, that Tammy came across as a pretty amazing woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ve just listened to the 3rd episode about the televangelist and the HIV positive priest. Really interesting episode, that Tammy came across as a pretty amazing woman!
    Yes, that one was really interesting too.

Yes, that one was really interesting too.
    I’ve just finished the satanist one, absolutely mad that it ended up being the longest and most expensive case in US history.

finally got around to starting this. Ronson is excellent at this kind of thing.

finally got around to starting this. Ronson is excellent at this kind of thing.
    He is, I could listen to him talk about stuff like this all day.

He’s done some good books too, and does the reading for the audiobooks. You’ve been publicly shamed, psychopath test and Lost at Sea are well worth a listen.

Lost at sea is especially good as it’s a lot of his old columns. Even manages to make deal or no deal sound interesting

Ronson is from Cardiff, although he couldn't wait to move away. Didn't enjoy his time at Cardiff High.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Ronson is from Cardiff, although he couldn't wait to move away. Didn't enjoy his time at Cardiff High.
    Talks about it briefly in one of his books, got really badly bullied apparently.

His parents were English anyway so I don’t think he really considers himself welsh either.

Also played keyboards for Frank Sidebottom which surprised me.

It's interesting that in different cultures, it emerges in various forms - (including witchcraft, voodoo and freemasonry) - but will always come down to the influence of dark spirits - here is one example of voodoo jumping across the Ocean and forming a tragic combination of confusion known as "Voodoo-Catholicism" > The core belief of New Orleans Voodoo is that one God does not interfere in daily lives, but that spirits do. Connection with these spirits can be obtained through various rituals such as dance, music, chanting, and snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    It's interesting that in different cultures, it emerges in various forms - (including witchcraft, voodoo and freemasonry) - but will always come down to the influence of dark spirits - here is one example of voodoo jumping across the Ocean and forming a tragic combination of confusion known as "Voodoo-Catholicism" > The core belief of New Orleans Voodoo is that one God does not interfere in daily lives, but that spirits do. Connection with these spirits can be obtained through various rituals such as dance, music, chanting, and snakes.
    I take it from your screed above that you haven't actually listened to the programme

Absolutely nothing to do with the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Absolutely nothing to do with the episode.
    He doesn't appreciate the irony concerned

I take it from your screed above that you haven't actually listened to the programme
    Yes I have, and I can see why you all love him, as his liberal views and scathing attitude towards anyone with a hint of morality or respect for the almighty is going to earn him more followers each week. I agree that the case he highlights was crazy, immoral and contrived; yet so were the actions against a host of well known stars including Cliff Richard & Paul Gambaccini, however just because we know of such innocent yet wrongly accused individuals, we shouldn't assume that nothing at that level is happening, and the likes of Jimmy Savile was also a figment of someones imagination!
    You will recall his comment about some americans acknowledging a 'higher being' - yet people can do that without any reference to God whatsoever; and the declaration for freemasons entering their craft is just that, which is fitting because it fits the luciferian practices therein.
    As for the drinking of blood, I agree this really sounds bizarre, but it wouldn't take you or anyone else more than 15 minutes online to learn about many people that we've both heard of who have done this.

As for the media clips, keep them coming, I welcome all information both light and dark (wait for the Brains comment)

Yes I have, and I can see why you all love him, as his liberal views and scathing attitude towards anyone with a hint of morality or respect for the almighty is going to earn him more followers each week. I agree that the case he highlights was crazy, immoral and contrived; yet so were the actions against a host of well known stars including Cliff Richard & Paul Gambaccini, however just because we know of such innocent yet wrongly accused individuals, we shouldn't assume that nothing at that level is happening, and the likes of Jimmy Savile was also a figment of someones imagination!
    You will recall his comment about some americans acknowledging a 'higher being' - yet people can do that without any reference to God whatsoever; and the declaration for freemasons entering their craft is just that, which is fitting because it fits the luciferian practices therein.
    As for the drinking of blood, I agree this really sounds bizarre, but it wouldn't take you or anyone else more than 15 minutes online to learn about many people that we've both heard of who have done this.

As for the media clips, keep them coming, I welcome all information both light and dark (wait for the Brains comment)
    I wouldn't say he has a scathing attitude towards the people he features at all, quite the opposite in fact, he seems to go out of his way to genuinely try to understand their motivation and see their point of view, which is why he is so disarming (one of the reasons) and why his interviewees seem to open up to him so readily. he could so easily do a stitch up job on these people but you can see he genuinely tries to get the whole picture.

I don't 'love' the broadcaster. I was simply very interested in a most incredible miscarriage of justice for which the police were partly complicit.
    I'm not particularly interested in continuing the 'God debate' with you personally as I am fully aware of your position (and which I find incredibly ludicrous). I merely thought that some posters on here may be interested in the broadcast concerned for a variety of reasons, most of them not being religion at all.

If you listen to the episode where he interviews the son of the priest who started the anti abortion movement you’ll see he’s about as neutral as you can get.

The problem is you’ve made a tit of yourself by commenting on something you didnt even listen to and are now trying to take another thread off on a tangent.

Either listen to it and give a relevant comment or stop commenting.

I wouldn't say he has a scathing attitude towards the people he features at all, quite the opposite in fact, he seems to go out of his way to genuinely try to understand their motivation and see their point of view, which is why he is so disarming (one of the reasons) and why his interviewees seem to open up to him so readily. he could so easily do a stitch up job on these people but you can see he genuinely tries to get the whole picture.
    Yeah it’s the thing he’s best at, doesn’t come across and snide or smug in the slightest and genuinely seems to be able to understand where most people are coming from.

I don't 'love' the broadcaster. I was simply very interested in a most incredible miscarriage of justice for which the police were partly complicit.
    I'm not particularly interested in continuing the 'God debate' with you personally as I am fully aware of your position (and which I find incredibly ludicrous). I merely thought that some posters on here may be interested in the broadcast concerned for a variety of reasons, most of them not being religion at all.
    1. Thanks for not joining the throng who assumed I didn't listen to it, as you were correct in taking me at my word.
    Also I was genuine in my request for any other links you may wish to share. My studies in the occult, a subject that has suddenly expoded in both entertainment and real life since around the 1970's, has led me to many fake examples but also many real, damaging and sadly fatal accounts too.

2. I understand why you and others would avoid dialogue with anyone who trusted God's Word as in recent decades the world of education and entertainment has provided the opposite viewpoint to such a point that God's existence can be airbrushed out of life as long as we don't look at the evidence too closely.

3. As for the presenter being balanced - I did notice a few subtle jibs about this (the time of the investigation & trial) being a time when over 90% of Americans believed in a higher power and also the implication that now people were more enlightened and free to explore their 'natural' feelings, hence life was becoming less inhibiting and less held back by old fashioned values. When we get to determine how life should work or how death should occur and how we can get 'better' as a society then feelings get to trump reason & morality, if it feels right then just DO it!
    Stable relationships become rare, sleeping around supposedly provides satisfaction and faithfulness is somehow overrated; of course this shift in life's 'upgrade' is going to produced millions of lives that are inconvenient and ultimately unwanted, but not to worry, we can get that *sorted! So since this shift has got into 4th gear we've seen:-

* and yes I am aware that the threat to the mother's life is a genuine case for abortion in certain cases.

More than 1.5 BILLION babies have been aborted worldwide in the past 50 years.
    An estimated 50 million abortions are carried out throughout the world every year.

One in five pregnancies worldwide end in abortion.

42% of all yearly deaths in the world are from abortion.

Every two seconds a baby is aborted - every time your heartbeats a baby dies.
    Baby girls are a particular target of abortion: at least 100 million girls have already been wiped out through gendercide - the deliberate targeting of baby girls for abortion.
    In 2011 the Wall Street Journal reported that 163 MILLION babies were aborted simply because they were girls. They called it "The war against girls"

Yes, we should be really proud

2. I understand why you and others would avoid dialogue with anyone who trusted God's Word as in recent decades the world of education and entertainment has provided the opposite viewpoint to such a point that God's existence can be airbrushed out of life as long as we don't look at the evidence too closely.
    I would prefer it if you kept your screeds about your chosen deity on threads where the topic has already been discussed at great length.
    Your literal belief in everything written in the Bible is beyond debate and I find it exceedingly silly.

I would prefer it if you kept your screeds about your chosen deity on threads where the topic has already been discussed at great length.
    Your literal belief in everything written in the Bible is beyond debate and I find it exceedingly silly.
    Your comfort zone won't be troubled again.

So how about the other 90% of the dialogue?