+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

Re: Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

How have we ended up on the topic of abortion?

Re: Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    How have we ended up on the topic of abortion?
    The first episode of the podcast is about where the culture war on abortion started and how it wasn’t really an issue for religious people before the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The first episode of the podcast is about where the culture war on abortion started and how it wasn’t really an issue for religious people before the 70s.
    not really an issue for evangelists, it was for catholics

Indeed, and this is linked to a major shift in sexual behaviour in the 60's when the Pill was first available and free 'love' was the vibe of the day as late 60's unfolded. The net result is 1.5 billion lives destroyed before they saw the light of day - putting the likes of Hilter in the shade with it's scope and bloodshed.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Your comfort zone won't be troubled again.

So how about the other 90% of the dialogue?
    Your remark about my 'comfort zone' is another exceedingly silly comment. You just can't help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Your remark about my 'comfort zone' is another exceedingly silly comment. You just can't help yourself.
    Well stop being part of the victim culture and maybe you can actually join the discussion. You've had your wishes granted, fret not.

How can you discuss this?! You haven’t listened to it

How can you discuss this?! You haven’t listened to it
    Even TBG has left that camp, try reading the thread and you'll see i've made multiple comments about the report.

Or are you on decaff?

Well stop being part of the victim culture and maybe you can actually join the discussion. You've had your wishes granted, fret not.
    More of purile same. As for joining the discussion, I started it

More of purile same. As for joining the discussion, I started it
    Indeed, which is why I thought you may wish to discuss it and why I invested half an hour by listening to your recommendation; obviously you feel that the time element is a one way street. There again maybe you are inclined to talk to anyone who agrees with you.
    Either way.

An interesting thread gone ruined

Making false accusations isn't going to help.
    We've all heard the piece, so people can either discuss it or whine.
    Why not try option 1?

Indeed, which is why I thought you may wish to discuss it and why I invested half an hour by listening to your recommendation; obviously you feel that the time element is a one way street. There again maybe you are inclined to talk to anyone who agrees with you.
    Either way.
    Yet another slur, no surprises there. You are the only poster on here that I find it impossible to have a rational discussion with and it's obvious to all and sundry just why that is.

Yet another slur, no surprises there. You are the only poster on here that I find it impossible to have a rational discussion with and it's obvious to all and sundry just why that is.
    Very obvious, because like so many others you don't bother to get enough information on people, so you jump to the wrong conclusion.

I've NEVER said I take the Bible literally, nobody takes ANY book 100% literally. You read it in it's given context, otherwise you end up with Bob being everyone's Uncle. Maybe if you chatted with people instead of complaining about them with faulty assumptions you may actually find yourself in a dialogue - you may not end up agreeing with them but at least you'd appreciate their position.

Got any recommendations on what to buy the wife for Christmas?

A husband who stays on topic

Garden centre vouchers

A husband who stays on topic
    Just like Elvis, irony isn’t dead

"Another decent thread ruined"

13 posts in as many days. Hes hardly derailed thread of the year.

Anyway, back on topic, I am going to try and give these a listen over the Christmas break as they do seem interesting, and there are only so many episodes of American TV shows someone can watch in 2 weeks off so be nice to mix it up with the odd book.

That’s why it was a good thread though it wasn’t filled up with people arguing just discussing this.

It is well worth a listen

That’s why it was a good thread though it wasn’t filled up with people arguing just discussing this.

It is well worth a listen
    Another thread destroyed by Jesus.

1. Thanks for not joining the throng who assumed I didn't listen to it, as you were correct in taking me at my word.
    Also I was genuine in my request for any other links you may wish to share. My studies in the occult, a subject that has suddenly expoded in both entertainment and real life since around the 1970's, has led me to many fake examples but also many real, damaging and sadly fatal accounts too.

2. I understand why you and others would avoid dialogue with anyone who trusted God's Word as in recent decades the world of education and entertainment has provided the opposite viewpoint to such a point that God's existence can be airbrushed out of life as long as we don't look at the evidence too closely.

3. As for the presenter being balanced - I did notice a few subtle jibs about this (the time of the investigation & trial) being a time when over 90% of Americans believed in a higher power and also the implication that now people were more enlightened and free to explore their 'natural' feelings, hence life was becoming less inhibiting and less held back by old fashioned values. When we get to determine how life should work or how death should occur and how we can get 'better' as a society then feelings get to trump reason & morality, if it feels right then just DO it!
    Stable relationships become rare, sleeping around supposedly provides satisfaction and faithfulness is somehow overrated; of course this shift in life's 'upgrade' is going to produced millions of lives that are inconvenient and ultimately unwanted, but not to worry, we can get that *sorted! So since this shift has got into 4th gear we've seen:-

* and yes I am aware that the threat to the mother's life is a genuine case for abortion in certain cases.

More than 1.5 BILLION babies have been aborted worldwide in the past 50 years.
    An estimated 50 million abortions are carried out throughout the world every year.

One in five pregnancies worldwide end in abortion.

42% of all yearly deaths in the world are from abortion.

Every two seconds a baby is aborted - every time your heartbeats a baby dies.
    Baby girls are a particular target of abortion: at least 100 million girls have already been wiped out through gendercide - the deliberate targeting of baby girls for abortion.
    In 2011 the Wall Street Journal reported that 163 MILLION babies were aborted simply because they were girls. They called it "The war against girls"

Yes, we should be really proud
    I'm sure you may very well be a perfectly pleasant person in real life, but on here any thread you get involved in seems to end up only going in one way.
    I'm sorry to say that you come across as very obnoxious and self satisfied. You take a thread that is usually quite conversational in tone and attempt to dominate it, launching into lengthy diatribes that are often little to do with what is being discussed, with practically no acknowledgement of opposing viewpoints.
    Other people on this board manage to disagree and put alternative opinions forward without the browbeating.
    I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve by doing it, but I very much doubt anyone has been persuaded by the things you've written to take on your points. In fact I suspect there are other Christians on here who are reluctant to join a thread once you are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm sure you may very well be a perfectly pleasant person in real life, but on here any thread you get involved in seems to end up only going in one way.
    I'm sorry to say that you come across as very obnoxious and self satisfied. You take a thread that is usually quite conversational in tone and attempt to dominate it, launching into lengthy diatribes that are often little to do with what is being discussed, with practically no acknowledgement of opposing viewpoints.
    Other people on this board manage to disagree and put alternative opinions forward without the browbeating.
    I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve by doing it, but I very much doubt anyone has been persuaded by the things you've written to take on your points. In fact I suspect there are other Christians on here who are reluctant to join a thread once you are involved.
    The English Language needs a word that is the antithesis to 'browbeating' in that the diatribes, ad hoiminem comments and general lack of argumental logic reflect more negatively on the deliverer's behalf rather than on the bemused but far-from-beaten recipient, as it were. Such self-defeating behaviour could be described as "browlosing" perhaps

The net result is 1.5 billion lives destroyed before they saw the light of day - putting the likes of Hilter in the shade with it's scope and bloodshed.
    In a crowded field this has undoubtedly sealed the prize for 2021's stupidest comment, and would probably in fact win most other years.

Congratulations to you.

And will give this series a listen, thanks for the heads up