+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

Re: Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm sure you may very well be a perfectly pleasant person in real life, but on here any thread you get involved in seems to end up only going in one way.
    I'm sorry to say that you come across as very obnoxious and self satisfied. You take a thread that is usually quite conversational in tone and attempt to dominate it, launching into lengthy diatribes that are often little to do with what is being discussed, with practically no acknowledgement of opposing viewpoints.
    Other people on this board manage to disagree and put alternative opinions forward without the browbeating.
    I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve by doing it, but I very much doubt anyone has been persuaded by the things you've written to take on your points. In fact I suspect there are other Christians on here who are reluctant to join a thread once you are involved.
    Thanks for your comments, as for "no acknowledgement of opposing viewpoints", I have been waiting for one person to actually offer another viewpoint and discuss it openly and honestly. Unfortunately once someone's view is under any amount of pressure to provide facts instead of opinion then they start the insults or start talking any old nonsense.

As for my approach, it's no different than on any other boards over the last 2 decades where I enjoy discussing a whole load of subjects; for 'self satisfied' read confidence in what I am sharing. Of course like anyone I'm not always correct on everything, but let's discuss it as adults rather than playground 'mobs' - and if we end up disagreeing then lets walk away actually knowing WHY the other person holds that viewpoint.

We may end up learning something new, and we don't have to automatically agree with it.
    Very often it only seems to be the people who think they have a solid argument only to find it falls at the first hurdle that end up complaining about the personality of the person that pointed out the flaws.
    So can we agree to play the ball and not the opponent?

Re: Astonishing radio documentary about Satanism in the USA, child abuse and a woman sentenced to 47 years in prison

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    In a crowded field this has undoubtedly sealed the prize for 2021's stupidest comment, and would probably in fact win most other years.

Congratulations to you.
    At the same time it's also hilarious so it may get the double and I'm pretty close to voting it in for the absolute-f*cked-up-logic-award so it's on for the treble too.

Have a great Christmas everyone

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Have a great Christmas everyone
    You too, enjoy the holiday season.