+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rants

Rants

You'll be hard pushed to find a more volatile person in football than Roy Keene.
    Here's his latest rant...

https://youtu.be/-gHq76OENeo

In fairness to him, he has a point in this case and Carragher loses the argument and almost the plot

Any others people remember where a player/manager/pundit loses it big time?

Re: Rants

I'm sure he does get a bit irate but also he knows exactly what he's doing

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm sure he does get a bit irate but also he knows exactly what he's doing
    Agree, the interviewer allowed it to just play out and it's great for the ratings.
    I don't think Keene does it for show though, I think he genuinely loses it at times.

If Carragher makes a habit of this he could be in a bit of bother.
    I know who my money would be on.

Graham Souness is one not to be messed with either. A few times he's disliked how a presenter was looking at him, not just what was being said.
    I don't think I'd want to knock his pint over in a pub.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree, the interviewer allowed it to just play out and it's great for the ratings.
    I don't think Keene does it for show though, I think he genuinely loses it at times.

If Carragher makes a habit of this he could be in a bit of bother.
    I know who my money would be on.
    It was excellent that Sky let them carry on as it made for compelling viewing and so much more worthwhile than the usual anodyne punditry that most of us lot could give.

And amazingly they didn't get personal and were both pretty articulate, I thought, despite it being so heated.

Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It was excellent that Sky let them carry on as it made for compelling viewing and so much more worthwhile than the usual anodyne punditry that most of us lot could give.

And amazingly they didn't get personal and were both pretty articulate, I thought, despite it being so heated.

Good stuff.
    Great wasn't it.

Getting the sack for fighting would be pretty foolish, not least from a money perspective.

Keene has made a few mistakes in his time but I think even he would hold back from actually sticking one on Carragher, more's the pity

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Graham Souness is one not to be messed with either. A few times he's disliked how a presenter was looking at him, not just what was being said.
    Few messed with Souness on the pitch that's for sure.
    Keene and Souness would be a good match up.

I hate to be the spelling guy but WHO thinks Roy Keane's name is spelt Roy Keene?

Any others people remember where a player/manager/pundit loses it big time?
    I remember when mick McCarthy played 5 centre backs. Absolute lunacy

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I remember when mick McCarthy played 5 centre backs. Absolute lunacy

I hate to be the spelling guy but WHO thinks Roy Keane's name is spelt Roy Keene?
    Guilty as charged

Guilty as charged

Thought Keane’s argument about winning cups was a bit weak, but someone else can tell him that

I remember Diane Keen from the 70's spelt
    'double e' and possibly muddled the two

Part two Leighton James / Robbie Savage

https://youtu.be/02hVBMqGnWc

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought Keane’s argument about winning cups was a bit weak, but someone else can tell him that
    Keane's argument about Ronaldo having to start in every big game was an interesting one.
    If Fred had threaded the ball through to Ronaldo instead of the poorly executed chip then Carrick would be have been lauded.

Keane did alter his stance and Carragher was brave to take him on.
    I don't think he should make a habit of it mind

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Nah, he's had a triple heart bypass. I'd knock his pint over and stamp on his foot without any fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah, he's had a triple heart bypass. I'd knock his pint over and stamp on his foot without any fear.
    I'll hold your coat and wait by the door for you 😀

Top click bait though viewing ?? pity Sky and others dont allow more stuff like this , real heated discussions and disagreements , as they move to a more cuddly friendly sanitised version of debates

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

Great wasn't it.

Getting the sack for fighting would be pretty foolish, not least from a money perspective.

Keene has made a few mistakes in his time but I think even he would hold back from actually sticking one on Carragher, more's the pity
    Lol!

Anyone remember Souness’ shocking tackle on Peter Nicholas in the 86 World Cup qualifier at Hampden? He was a dirty so and so, but a fine player.