+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Rants

  1. #1

    Rants

    You'll be hard pushed to find a more volatile person in football than Roy Keene.
    Here's his latest rant...

    https://youtu.be/-gHq76OENeo

    In fairness to him, he has a point in this case and Carragher loses the argument and almost the plot

    Any others people remember where a player/manager/pundit loses it big time?

  2. #2

    Re: Rants

    I'm sure he does get a bit irate but also he knows exactly what he's doing

  3. #3

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm sure he does get a bit irate but also he knows exactly what he's doing
    Agree, the interviewer allowed it to just play out and it's great for the ratings.
    I don't think Keene does it for show though, I think he genuinely loses it at times.

    If Carragher makes a habit of this he could be in a bit of bother.
    I know who my money would be on.

  4. #4

    Re: Rants

    Graham Souness is one not to be messed with either. A few times he's disliked how a presenter was looking at him, not just what was being said.
    I don't think I'd want to knock his pint over in a pub.

  5. #5

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree, the interviewer allowed it to just play out and it's great for the ratings.
    I don't think Keene does it for show though, I think he genuinely loses it at times.

    If Carragher makes a habit of this he could be in a bit of bother.
    I know who my money would be on.
    It was excellent that Sky let them carry on as it made for compelling viewing and so much more worthwhile than the usual anodyne punditry that most of us lot could give.

    And amazingly they didn't get personal and were both pretty articulate, I thought, despite it being so heated.

    Good stuff.

  6. #6

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It was excellent that Sky let them carry on as it made for compelling viewing and so much more worthwhile than the usual anodyne punditry that most of us lot could give.

    And amazingly they didn't get personal and were both pretty articulate, I thought, despite it being so heated.

    Good stuff.
    Great wasn't it.

    Getting the sack for fighting would be pretty foolish, not least from a money perspective.

    Keene has made a few mistakes in his time but I think even he would hold back from actually sticking one on Carragher, more's the pity

  7. #7

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Graham Souness is one not to be messed with either. A few times he's disliked how a presenter was looking at him, not just what was being said.
    I don't think I'd want to knock his pint over in a pub.
    Few messed with Souness on the pitch that's for sure.
    Keene and Souness would be a good match up.

  8. #8

    Re: Rants

    I hate to be the spelling guy but WHO thinks Roy Keane's name is spelt Roy Keene?

  9. #9

    Re: Rants

    Any others people remember where a player/manager/pundit loses it big time?
    I remember when mick McCarthy played 5 centre backs. Absolute lunacy

  10. #10

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I remember when mick McCarthy played 5 centre backs. Absolute lunacy

  11. #11

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I hate to be the spelling guy but WHO thinks Roy Keane's name is spelt Roy Keene?
    Guilty as charged

  12. #12

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Guilty as charged

  13. #13

    Re: Rants

    Thought Keane’s argument about winning cups was a bit weak, but someone else can tell him that

  14. #14

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I remember Diane Keen from the 70's spelt
    'double e' and possibly muddled the two

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Re: Rants

    Part two Leighton James / Robbie Savage

    https://youtu.be/02hVBMqGnWc

  17. #17

  18. #18

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought Keane’s argument about winning cups was a bit weak, but someone else can tell him that
    Keane's argument about Ronaldo having to start in every big game was an interesting one.
    If Fred had threaded the ball through to Ronaldo instead of the poorly executed chip then Carrick would be have been lauded.

    Keane did alter his stance and Carragher was brave to take him on.
    I don't think he should make a habit of it mind

  19. #19

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Graham Souness is one not to be messed with either. A few times he's disliked how a presenter was looking at him, not just what was being said.
    I don't think I'd want to knock his pint over in a pub.
    Nah, he's had a triple heart bypass. I'd knock his pint over and stamp on his foot without any fear.

  20. #20

    Re: Rants

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah, he's had a triple heart bypass. I'd knock his pint over and stamp on his foot without any fear.
    I'll hold your coat and wait by the door for you 😀

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •