+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England women v Latvia women

England women v Latvia women

18 - 0 after 82 mins. 4 different players with hatricks.

Re: England women v Latvia women

4 goals in the last 4 minutes

Don't suppose I've looked into women's results much before but with Wales doing well during this campaign I've had more of a look and some of the results are staggering.

Even Wales are beating on some of them.

It seems a pointless match up but I guess only by having these matches and experiences can some of these nations develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Don't suppose I've looked into women's results much before but with Wales doing well during this campaign I've had more of a look and some of the results are staggering.

Even Wales are beating on some of them.

It seems a pointless match up but I guess only by having these matches and experiences can some of these nations develop.
    It isn't surprising at the moment, as some countries have taken great strides towards professionalism in the women's game and others are very amateur still . We will probably see those gaps close somewhat in time .

On the other hand, tennis is a pretty established sport for men and women, and even today there are clearly a lot more mismatches in the women's game than the mens. I'm not sure why that is, possibly due to the depth of talent on the tour

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It isn't surprising at the moment, as some countries have taken great strides towards professionalism in the women's game and others are very amateur still . We will probably see those gaps close somewhat in time .

On the other hand, tennis is a pretty established sport for men and women, and even today there are clearly a lot more mismatches in the women's game than the mens. I'm not sure why that is, possibly due to the depth of talent on the tour
    It may be the serve in the men's game is also something of a leveller. They won't often be really in the match but won't always be utterly smashed as someone with a decent to good serve will still hold enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I had no idea there were more mismatches in womens tennis (though I only ever watch it for two weeks a year).

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I had no idea there were more mismatches in womens tennis (though I only ever watch it for two weeks a year).
    For a moment I read that as 'moustaches'.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    For a moment I read that as 'moustaches'.
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm not big tennis fan by any means, but at every wimbledon you'll get several 6-0 6-0 games or close to that in the early rounds, whereas that doesn't tend to happen in the mens game, or is very rare at least. Good point about the serves though as the extra height and power make it easier for men to defend their own serve.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    18 - 0 after 82 mins. 4 different players with hatricks.
    It's ridiculous. A few weeks ago there were 17-0, 14-0 and 13-0 wins. Makes our 6-1 reverse at QPR seem like a real nail-biter.