+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ray Kennedy

Ray Kennedy

Died at the age of seventy. Must admit I didn’t think he’d live that long after his Parkinson’s diagnosis- classy player who was probably a better midfield player than he was a striker.

RIP

Re: Ray Kennedy

The first player I ever saw score live. Molineux November 71. I wore an Arsenal resettle that day. Arsenal were 1 up at half time. Wolves scored 5 in the second half, it snowed and I cried at the scoreline,
    RIP Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The first player I ever saw score live. Molineux November 71. I wore an Arsenal resettle that day. Arsenal were 1 up at half time. Wolves scored 5 in the second half, it snowed and I cried at the scoreline,
    RIP Ray.

How come you rosetted in Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How come you rosetted in Reading?
    Arsenal were my first team. They played Reading in the FA Cup the following season and Reading gave them one hell of a game....it wasn’t much longer after that Reading became my team. I’ve never lived in Reading.

RIP Ray.
    You might be interested in this then Pearce, I watched it about a fortnight ago

https://youtu.be/PYtcYnI9CQs

Arsenal were my first team. They played Reading in the FA Cup the following season and Reading gave them one hell of a game....it wasn’t much longer after that Reading became my team. I’ve never lived in Reading.
    Proudly wearing a Reading resettle now then Pearcey

Great career he had, the double with Arsenal, then a shedload of trophies with Liverpool. Even picked up a Welsh Cup winners medal with Swansea. RIP to, perhaps, an unsung hero of that great Liverpool outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You might be interested in this then Pearce, I watched it about a fortnight ago

https://youtu.be/PYtcYnI9CQs
    Seen it Paul. Brings back some memories.

As JFK once said “We are all Reading fans now”

As JFK once said “We are all Reading fans now”
    Jimmy Floyd Kasselbaink

I really liked that Arsenal side he played in for some reason and Kennedy in particular.
    Went off him a bit when he signed for Liverpool but there was no doubting he was one of the great players of his generation.

He was a fair player too from what I can remember, unlike those dirty barstewards from across the Pennines!

Only 33 when he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease bless him.

RIP Ray.

One of the best players in the league in his day. I remember Bob Paisley saying that he had more enquiries about him than any other player.

You tried twice… good effort🤣. I think i’d have resettled for a corsage

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You tried twice… good effort��. I think i’d have resettled for a corsage
    Whalebone?

A great player in that all conquering Liverpool side. Seems bizarre he only had about 17 caps for England. RIP